GDT SCF GAME 3: NJ DEVILS vs LA KINGS

lazer

If the Kings win the Cup, Jonathan Quick should be the only player to get his name engraved. This is the most ridiculous case of coattail riding I've ever seen in sports.

Devils are outplaying L.A. in every facet of the game except for that one, and I can't even fault Brodeur. Quick is insane.

Zach is a goner IMO.

If he chooses to leave, than good riddance. He has been an absolute GHOST this series, and his sorry attempt at backchecking on the Kopitar goal was pathetic...

Watching this team tonight is SO frustrating. How can you lay an egg like this when so much is at stake? Quick is in our heads and after the first goal we just fell apart....

It was a great run, and the Kings just have our number....

I'd also like to echo the sentiment of whoever posted that we would not score if we were on a PP the whole game....

Our PP is beyond atrocious. I am hoping we can get one early in the 3rd and press to get this to OT...but I am not confident....the Devils haven't shown anything tonight to make me think this is even a remote reality...

LET'S GO DEVILS

im taking a hiatus from this board, its bad enough as it is i can't even listen some of you

Yeah it's gotten pretty ridiculous. A week ago we were all walking on air. Things go bad and everyone bails on the team. Some people here have incredibly short memories.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Hell, he would probably be better than every single D-man in our roster.

There have been so many chances for a d man to step up and completely wreck somebody. Fayne at the end of the 2nd period could have sent Dustin brown into another dimension.

Where is this a-train I've read about?

The facts are that Stevens, daneyko, rafaslski and nieds all left in a short period of time and not one of them has been replaced. There is no size and not enough offensive punch or speed to make up for it. The devils d corp is made up of 5th and 6th d men. Go out and get dion phaneuf or something. The best devils teams have always been built from the back line up

What sucks is people are going to say this is another 'Ranger letdown', like how we got smoked by Carolina after sweeping the Rangers, now we're getting smoked by LA after beating them in the ECF. What it really is, is us paying the piper for having to go to the wall in every series and overplaying our better players on too many nights cause of the goon squad. We really need to keep this fourth line next year, or a reasonable facsimilie so that Kovy/Elias/Zach don't get run into the ground again.

I don't believe it's over until it's over but as far as Zach goes I agree he has not been a dominating force in this series and our 4th line has played the best almost every game.

We will find out in 3 weeks, I do hpe Zach stays but he hs shown he is not worth the farm, and don't get me started on Kovy he may get a pass if hes injured. But not Zach!