All purpose Olympics thread

SterioDesign

I just checked my guide- NBC Sports Network is replaying the game at 8. NBC has regular primetime coverage.

Yeah, right now NBC Sports Network is showing the third period of Sweden-Latvia. If they are replaying that whole game, they sure as hell better air a rebroadcast of the entire USA-Russia game.

I can't believe NBC makes it so hard to find out when they are re-showing major events from earlier in the day.

Per TG:

The full USA-Russia game will be replayed on NBCSN beginning at 4:30 p.m. Sunday. Just OT and the shootout will be on NBC tonight.

That is fvcking ridiculous!!!

NBC Sports Network has just reshown the entire Sweden-Latvia game, and  according to their schedule next they are going to replay the entire Switzerland-Czech Republic game ... but we have to wait till tomorrow to watch a replay of the USA-Russia game?!!!

WTF!!!

That is fvcking ridiculous!!!

NBC Sports Network has just reshown the entire Sweden-Latvia game, and  according to their schedule next they are going to replay the entire Switzerland-Czech Republic game ... but we have to wait till tomorrow to watch a replay of the USA-Russia game?!!!

WTF!!!

Is it really that big of a deal?  I think NBC expects more people would rather watch it on a Sunday than a Saturday.  It'll probably get better ratings tomorrow.

Edited by Mike Brown

I was curious so I went to Comcast OnDemand -> Sochi Olympics -> Hockey  then I scrolled until I found the USA vs Russia from earlier today.  It is in SD and HD.  The game analysis is another choice.  I have it on now.  No waiting until tomorrow.  I don't know about other cable providers.  Check it out. :)

when is the next game on?.. not just for USA .. the next hockey game in general i would like to check out a czech game to see jagr and elias too

Tomorrow:

Austria/Norway 3 AM

USA/Slovenia 7:30 AM

Russia/Slovakia 7:30 AM

Finland/Canada Noon

Czech Republic is done for the opening round (after losing to Switzerland 1-0 today) and waiting to see if they advance.

when is the next game on?.. not just for USA .. the next hockey game in general i would like to check out a czech game to see jagr and elias too

Austria Norway 3 am est. USA vs Slovenia 7:30, Russia Slovakia 7:30, Finland Canada at noon. Just so you know google is pretty good- just search men's Olympic hockey and they have a full schedule right there in the results.

The Czechs are in trouble after losing again today.

Is it really that big of a deal?  I think NBC expects more people would rather watch it on a Sunday than a Saturday.  It'll probably get better ratings tomorrow.

Yes, it's a pretty big deal. It's a major Olympic event. Why would anyone be content with waiting till the next day to see something that was shown early the previous morning? Especially since the U.S. will have already played their next game against Slovenia.

I don't have Comcast so I can't watch it On Demand.

I guess I'll go to nbcolympics.com and see if I can figure out how to get it to show on my big-screen TV. If I can't do that, I'll just watch the OT and shootout on NBC tonight and bypass tomorrow's full-game replay.

I still think it's crazy that here in the USA we can watch full-game replays of Sweden-Latvia and Switzerland-Czech Republic on that very same day but have to wait a day and a half to watch the U.S. replay in its entirety.

Edited by 95Crash

Other cable companies and satellite companies offer OnDemand.  They may call it something else.  I read that Cablevision will have it OnDemand.  Hope you find it.

Yes, I have Cablevision, and it has the full replay listed On Demand -- thanks, StarDew!

Also meant to add that Orpik got torched today on the Datsyuk first goal. Very bad middle coverage there. It felt like seeing Salvador out there except on big ice. Orpik needs to be the 7th. You want to use him on the PK? Alright, that works. But against fast teams Carlson should be out there on the basis of foot speed alone.

Orpik sucks and Greene should have been there.  I would take a stab at TJ Oshie on our team.  Sure's heck we wouldn't be 0 for 1,000 in the shootout with him in the lineup...lol

Edited by Mitico12

Orpik sucks and Greene should have been there.  I would take a stab at TJ Oshie on our team.  Sure's heck we wouldn't be 0 for 1,000 in the shootout with him in the lineup...lol

Yea agreed.  How did Justin Faulk and Brooks Orpik get picked over Andy Greene?

Dustin Brown and Blake Wheeler were also questionable choices.  Bobby Ryan and Kyle Okposo should have been on the team instead.

Kovy prior to 2011-2012 was terrible at shootouts.  I wonder what happened that year where he became so good at them.  That goal was fvcking sick.

He changed his angle of approach (I know Marty helped him, I think Zach too). He used to come in straight but Marty told him to come in at an angle. 

Could have had TJ, but we took Niclas Bergfors, with the pick before lol ! :dizzy: