Return of Gomez

Beetlebum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A move that i've been in favor of if the right situation came to fruition. Kovy and him together could be feast or famine but they should at least try.

http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/2012/03/20/latest-on-the-predators-canadiens-and-bruins/

well never say never.....I didn't think Holik or Lemieux would ever be back as Devils...but Lou thought it would help the team so...

But having someone (like Gomez) that passes 99% of the time and shoots 1% of the time might be what Kovi needs to get back to that 40+ goal season consistently.

gomez skates through the zone just like kovy does. carrying the puck up ice is generally not the devils problem.

also center - at least for next year - is the one position the devils do not have to worry about. At this point, they have to really think about moving henrique to wing. Top 3 centers are zajac, elias and josefson.

it was discussed in chat last night, but i think the devils need to move one of their established D (greene would be my choice) for a RW who can score - gagner was my choice.

TVA article (in French)

Google translation to English

Depending on what the hockey analyst Patrice Brisebois has advanced to the show "The Match" on Monday night, Gomez would like to make a comeback with the New Jersey Devils, the organization with which he was successful for seven seasons, between 1999 and 2007.

"It would not surprise me that Lou Lamoriello to submit a contract offer, because he grew up in the organization. Perhaps with a one million and less pressure, he arrives to perform [the expectations], "said the former Canadiens defenseman.

I don't want a center who hasn't pulled his weight in years. Gio for a Sykora like price is a different story, but I don't see the Habs cutting ties with him yet.

Gio also hasn't hit rock bottom like Sykora or Gomez have.

Exactly. I just threw him out as an example of a former Devil who could help this team.

If Parise walks, the Devils are going to have two top six holes to fill. My guess is Tedenby will be one. Why not buy extremely low on Gomez?

Tedenby has not exactly been lighting up the AHL; I wouldn't count on him for anything.

I think Gomez still has a lot to offer a team if his attitude is right. If Parise walks:

Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Henrique-Gomez-Kovalchuk

?-Josefson-Clarkson

me likey.

Tedenby has not exactly been lighting up the AHL; I wouldn't count on him for anything.

I think Gomez still has a lot to offer a team if his attitude is right. If Parise walks:

Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Henrique-Gomez-Kovalchuk

?-Josefson-Clarkson

me likey.

Has his attitude to the game ever been right?

It seems from what a lot of the players have said this year, is that the attitude and spirit in the dressing room has been very good.

I would hate for Gomez to return and drag that down. the team is full of players who work hard and play with the right attitude, i dont see Gomez fitting the bill.

Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Henrique-Gomez-Kovalchuk

?-Josefson-Clarkson

me likey.

Really not bad at all. Especially if the question mark becomes Poni. Tedenby should get a look there as well. But what becomes the plan if Gomez burns out?

Man, skipping over Carlson looks worse by the day.

Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Henrique-Gomez-Kovalchuk

?-Josefson-Clarkson

me likey.

i am surprised by your take on this.

why move elias from center where he has excelled the last two years? if parise walks, the devils already have his top 6 replacement. his name is travis zajac.

kovalchuk-zajac-zubrus

henrique-elias-clarkson

tedenby-josefson-xxx

boulton-xxxx-xxxx

that's how it stands w/o parise, sykora, ponikarovski, bernier and carter.

tedenby is going to be given every chance to make the team next year - just like palmieri was essentially given the spot this year

i would be good w/ offering ponikarovski a 2/6 deal - maybe even 3/9 to have a solid roster spot taken up w/ a forward who can play 2nd or 3rd line.

sykora has probably earned another 1 year with his play this year - hopefully along the lines of the shanahan way so that if he says forget it in camp, he's not on the cap

i would like to get an andy greene deal for a foward like sam gagner/kyle okposo/curtis glencross type

give zharkov a shot to make the team next year or finally go to russia

fill out the 4th line w/ camp invites