Devils acquire Loktionov

jagknife

To be fair, when has McGuire ever been negative about a prospect?

True.  In that same interview he said that Dougie Hamilton (who has played all of 10-11 games in the NHL) is going to be one of the best defensemen in the NHL over the next 12-15 years.  Listening to him makes you think that every prospect is going to put up Gretzky-like point toals, play defense like Chara, and be a leader like Scotty Stevens.

Does anyone here think that loktionov can do what JJ does if not better? I'm assuming not otherwise he would be on the team, but it made me think that maybe the two are interchangeable so one would go in a trade with a dman for someone. Again I want to keep JJ, I love how smart the kid is on the ice. Just thinking.

To be fair, aside from a badly undervalued Landeskog, the drop off after Larsson (or Loki if he pans out) is pretty drastic.

I heard McGuire on WFAN with the Pope and he was RAVING about Andrei Loktionov. 

"It's this kind of move that makes Lou Lamerillo the best GM in the game.   Loktionov isn't big, but he doesn't need to be with Clarkson, Zubrus and Carter"  Brilliant move"

Yeah McGuire thought the kid could be real good and loved the move.

BTW, you guys have ruined Miked Up for me, never noticed all the wierd sounds he makes until you guys pointed it out, now it makes me sick to listen to him!!!

Yeah McGuire thought the kid could be real good and loved the move.

BTW, you guys have ruined Miked Up for me, never noticed all the wierd sounds he makes until you guys pointed it out, now it makes me sick to listen to him!!!

That's "Mike's On" Francesa, ok? On.  We don't wanna...ok....we don't want to get into a legal situation, ok?  Mikes On Francesa.  Here's the Mink man...

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

"Mike's On! He's ready to go. On the FAN. New York's sports radiooo! MIke's On. Mike's On.

He'll get to the sports any way that he can. He's Mike Francesa, on the FANNNNNNN!!! Sports Radio 66, WFANNNNNN!!!!!!!"

Dumbest intro music ever...

. Some dude called up yesterday and asked Mike 'if there was a hall of fame for stuttering and repeating yourself, do you think you'd be in it?' Lmfao. It was great. Edited by MadDog2020

Andrei Loktionov

Hometown: Moscow, Russia
Currently Playing In:Pro

Prospect Talent Score: 7.5

Probability of Success: C

Talent Analysis

Loktionov is a solid two-way player who can fulfill
various roles on the team ranging from a defensive expert on
shorthanded units to a playmaker on a power-play unit.  He sees the ice
well and effectively uses his linemates, creating a number of scoring
chances.  A couple of more significant improvement areas for Loktionov
include his faceoff skills and his scoring ability.  Specifically in
regards to his scoring ability, while always a danger in the offensive
zone, Loktionov prefers to pass rather than shoot and in a shot-filled
North American style of hockey a more multi-dimensional game would make
him more dangerous and hard to contain.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/andrei_loktionov/

• 1 month later...

He has to be happy right now compared to his situation in LA.

I just wonder if he could be had for cheap...  I wouldn't want to pay him anything serious just yet...  so maybe a 2 year deal; it's best for both sides in managing risk/reward.

He has to be happy right now compared to his situation in LA.

I just wonder if he could be had for cheap...  I wouldn't want to pay him anything serious just yet...  so maybe a 2 year deal; it's best for both sides in managing risk/reward.

He has to love it here, centering a top line like he wanted and he has a bunch of Russian guys to mentor him. Kovy Poni Volch Zubs, its a great locker room for the kid to be in.

Edited by Zubie#8

Guys, you even don't know about the players of your team :( Zubrus is NOT Russian, he's Lithuanian, Ponikarovsky is NOT Russian, he's from Ukraine.. And if you don't understand the difference, it's your problem.