moooooose is back

Weekes Head

Kinkaid hasn't had a good season.  He was hot for a while, then cooled off big-time before he got hurt. 

Yeah I haven't been paying too much attention to Albany this year. But he still could come up to back up Cory especially if Cory is going to start the rest of the games anyway. He does have that one period of NHL experience from last year when he stuffed (I forget who) on that breakaway.

Yeah I haven't been paying too much attention to Albany this year. But he still could come up to back up Cory especially if Cory is going to start the rest of the games anyway. He does have that one period of NHL experience from last year when he stuffed (I forget who) on that breakaway.

I'm not ruling out that this could happen...wouldn't be ideal, but I wouldn't say never.  I still think if Marty gets moved, another goalie could be coming back. 

STAMKOS, I believe...

Good to see him still have a place in the organization.  Nothing but awesome from this story.  You can't dog Moose for his 'tending career in Jersey as a whole.  I mean just going off his record, he was the most reliable backup in the Brodeur era.  38-29-7 record and 90.4 SV% in 80 games.  Take away his piss-poor relief performance in 2013 and his SV% isn't terrible.

Edited by RizzMB30

Good to see him still have a place in the organization.  Nothing but awesome from this story.  You can't dog Moose for how his 'tending career in Jersey as a whole.  I mean just going off his record, he was the most reliable backup in the Brodeur era.  38-29-7 record and 90.4 SV% in 80 games.  Take away his piss-poor relief performance in 2013 and his SV% isn't terrible.

2013 was definitely rough, but he did a fine job the two seasons before that for sure.

Anyone else see this as a precursor to Brodeur being traded?

If you believe that Hedberg is being brought in partly to mentor/work with/back up Wedgewood, and Kinkaid (if healthy) is getting a call-up to back up Cory, then maybe.  Don't know if I'm buying that though.   

Well that was quick. The Albany devils announced today that they have released hedberg.

Guess Kinkaid is back then. 

Wouldn't matter anyway. Hedberg can't play for the Devils this season.

Yeah, I know. I always said it was just to fill in for Kinkaid's injury since Clermont was also hurt and couldn't come up from the ECHL. It was just funny seeing him sign with Albany and seeing so many people think it was an indication of a Marty trade.