64 replies to this topic

#21 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Really not shocking. He was leaning for the Wild but spent a day talking to Suter to make it more competitive. Should he have announced July 2nd that he was leaning Wild?

I don't get why that quote would make anyone feel worse or more annoyed by the situation?

+1 bunch of jaded lovers...is whatcha snd like
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#22 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Do Zach and his dad realize they're just making themselves look like bigger scumbags with each admission?

this.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#23 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Do Zach and his dad realize they're just making themselves look like bigger scumbags with each admission?

The way this has all gone, it's clear that they really don't give a sh!t about what the people in NJ think of them...they are way over it.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#24 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,996 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Another man with a point...a little extreme, but I agree...let the guy walk, but don't give us the dog and pony show for a year if you know where and when you are heading.

I'm sorry, I didn't know Zach telling his dad he was leaning to go to Minnesota on July 2nd really meant July 2nd, 2011. No one has any fvcking clue what Zach was thinking one year ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, 1 month ago, or two weeks ago. To say otherwise is plain stupid. What we know is that he was leaning to go to Minny 36 hours AFTER he became a FREE AGENT.

Edited by devilsrule33, 05 July 2012 - 04:26 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#25 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

We knew the wild were doing this because "the guy" whatever his name is "close to both parties" made the connection. The writing is on the wall for tampering. The evidence has to be out there... I'm sure the phone records will say it all.

#26 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't know Zach telling his dad he was leaning to go to Minnesota on July 2nd really meant July 2nd, 2011. No one has any fvcking clue what Zach was thinking one year ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, 1 month ago, or two weeks ago. To say otherwise is plain stupid. What we know is that he was leaning to go to Minny 36 hours AFTER he was a FREE AGENT.

at some point you have to sit back and say to yourself, "Zach is not a Devil anymore. Zach is a Minnesota Wild. He was flirting with Suter during the season, inappropriately, and in the end said fvck you to the Devils." He is an opposing player now, trying to make the Devils lose. You have to accept this and stop pretending to be above it.

#27 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Well, people would've been mad about that too...

Yes, they would have been. But less mad than what happened after the charade he pulled.....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#28 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Yes, they would have been. But less mad than what happened after the charade he pulled.....

Perhaps. But I see this as a "haters gonna hate"-couple of days for Devils fans. Yeah, I'm bitter and pissed off too, but no matter what Zach would've done, bar signing with us, would've made people here not-angry. Hell, people would've been mad about him going FA and driving up the price and cap hit.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#29 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Screw this, I'm throwing out all my Prince albums...screw Minnesota!

#30 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Perhaps. But I see this as a "haters gonna hate"-couple of days for Devils fans. Yeah, I'm bitter and pissed off too, but no matter what Zach would've done, bar signing with us, would've made people here not-angry. Hell, people would've been mad about him going FA and driving up the price and cap hit.

Like I said in my thread - I'm not really upset - he did handle this all wrong - but the thing that bothers me is the type of guy Parise is, doesn't fit on the Devils.

#31 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

I don't want to hate Zach, but he's making it very difficult to not want to hit him with a hammer.

Are you guys serious? His body language when asked the question throughout last season didn't give it away that he was going to run away from NJ? He played like an upgraded version of Ryan Callahan in the finals, so giving this guy $10 million per season for the next few years would have been a collosal waste of money...trust me.

#32 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Are you guys serious? His body language when asked the question throughout last season didn't give it away that he was going to run away from NJ? He played like an upgraded version of Ryan Callahan in the finals, so giving this guy $10 million per season for the next few years would have been a collosal waste of money...trust me.

QFT.

#33 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't know Zach telling his dad he was leaning to go to Minnesota on July 2nd really meant July 2nd, 2011. No one has any fvcking clue what Zach was thinking one year ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, 1 month ago, or two weeks ago. To say otherwise is plain stupid. What we know is that he was leaning to go to Minny 36 hours AFTER he became a FREE AGENT.

Righhht...sure...your thoughts completely... :giggle: He knew all along where he was going...he said he had the chance to talk to Suter several times "about the possibility of playing together..."

Unless that "possibility" meant a nude mud wrestling event in the forest of Minnesota, I think it meant playing for The Wild...

#34 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

+1

#35 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

I truly believed he was coming back up until I saw the video of the interview where he looked as nervous as a 12 year old in confession about to tell the priest he stole a pack of gum from the local convenience store. That was the tell tale sign to me....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#36 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,541 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

I know I trashed Salvador for his play in the Finals (but he wasn't particularly great during the season), but I love this - 'This guy sucks in the Cup Finals' - well good luck getting back there without him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#37 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Thank you!

Righhht...sure...your thoughts completely... :giggle: He knew all along where he was going...he said he had the chance to talk to Suter several times "about the possibility of playing together..."

Unless that "possibility" meant a nude mud wrestling event in the forest of Minnesota, I think it meant playing for The Wild...

hahaha.

I love the reasonable few on here who have a sense of humor.

#38 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,996 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Parise was trying to get Suter to go to New Jersey, but Suter wouldn't go East and Suter wanted Zach to go to Nashville, but he only wanted to stay in NJ or go to Minny.

Playing together and doing it in Minny only came 36 hours in.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#39 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Parise was trying to get Suter to go to New Jersey, but Suter wouldn't go East and Suter wanted Zach to go to Nashville, but he only wanted to stay in NJ or go to Minny.

Playing together and doing it in Minny only came 36 hours in.

REALLY MAN???? REALLY?

Suter to NJ? I know it "happened" but do you really believe that?

That was not happening in 10000000000000 years.

NEVER

#40 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

bc he has always liked the idea of himself. that's why he himself says things like, "anyone that knows me will say, that I don't want this media attention around me, they know I don't like that stuff". Its clearly not true bc he has to say it himself...but he likes how it sounds.

I completely disagree. Not just with you either, but with the general sentiment that is building toward ZP. I feel jilted as well, so let me put that out there, and I think it sucks goats scrotum that he left, but I don't think he is fake or anything like that. I think I have been in a very similar situation, albeit for much lower stakes. The situation is this:

Does he want to be loyal to the team and general manager that brought him into the league, groomed him, made him a star, and a fan base that clearly wants him? Or does he want to go home to where he grew up, be closer to his family and friends, and perhaps get the same perks from the franchise and fans? It is pure loyalty versus what is best for your life. Loyalty matters, but how much? It sounds like the Devils offers nearly as much, if not the same, salary per year. The structure was surely different though and New Jersey isn't minnesota (thank the lord!). That's my take. I think he genuinely wanted to be the loyal soldier but at the end of the day he chose to be closer to family, friends, the place he loves, and still get paid a boatload of money.

Btw, I made the same choice sans the boatload of money. I am still waiting on that. C'mon Lou, let's talk signing bonus!
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users