Matteau#32

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awww here Scott, have a cookie:

Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

A Giant cookie in honor of the New York Football Giants.

No team with Wade Phillips coaching it ever goes anywhere. When you root for the cowboys you have to expect the blowback when said team falls against the local team. It's part of the deal.

Maybe if Romo had spent last weekend studying the rule book instead of in Mexico he would know what intentional grounding was. Or maybe not.

Oh please. It happens to every team in every sport. If you openly and loudly root for a team outside your geographic region you have to expect crap when said local team beats your team. It is part of the deal. The Cowboys are not special. You want to see animosity? Try being a Yankee fan. I am not complaining. I understand that is part of the package.
Edited by Triumph

Oh please. It happens to every team in every sport. If you openly and loudly root for a team outside your geographic region you have to expect crap when said local team beats your team. It is part of the deal. The Cowboys are not special. You want to see animosity? Try being a Yankee fan. I am not complaining. I understand that is part of the package.

yeah seriously EVERYONE hates the yankees outside of new york, because they've grown up around obnoxious, bandwagoning 'Yankee' fans

the patriots also don't have an arrogant, super-vain owner who comes down to the sidelines when his team is down by 4 late, nor do they bill themselves as 'America's Team', nor are their former players all over television

Bandwagon? Bandwagon? The Dallas Bandwagon is so laden that its axles are breaking. Though that may have something to do with the average weight of a Dallas citizen. And secondly, it looks like it's getting some needed relief today as everyone leaps off before it sails over the cliff.

Dallas is the biggest bandwagon team of all time in the NFL, though the Patriots are catching up.

Is it really that much of a stretch to think that on a NEW JERSEY DEVILS forum, there are Giants fans that are just as passionate for their football team as they are their hockey team?

I invite one Cowboys fan that isn't from Texas to give me a good reason why they like the Cowboys without citing the early 1990s.

The Giants kicked your asses all over the field in the 2nd half yesterday and I couldn't be prouder of my team or to be a Giants fan. The overwhelming sense of entitlement lavished on Romo, Wade "Average IQ" Phillips and Mr. Burns, I mean Jerry Jones, has been sickening.

Tony Romo's QB rating yesterday: 64.

Eli Manning's QB rating yesterday: 130.

Suck it, Trebek.

The sad truth is that many people from New York and New Jersey in my generation (Gen-X, that is), like Dallas and Pittsburgh because the Jets and Giants were woeful in the 1970s and early 1980s. Not too many Doug Kotar jerseys in this group.

And of course, Gen-Y was all over the Aikman Cowboys (but insisted they rooted for the 1-15 Aikman Cowboys).

Edited by Jerrydevil

This thread is unnecessary but I shouldn't be surprised considering who posted it. I'm surprised that troll hasn't been banned yet. Shouldn't all of us Giant fans (or anyone who wanted the Cowboys to lose) just be happy with a victory without trying to trash Dallas? I hate the Cowboys but I have to hand it to them on playing a competitive, exciting game. Hell, I thought they were going to pull out the victory at the end. Congrats to them and their fans on a hard fought game.

I'm obviously a Devils and Mets fan, but it's somewhat understandable that anyone not living in the tri-state area hates all of the teams within it, and even fans within it hate the teams that they don't root for. As a whole, fanbases of NY/Phily teams are just awful. The Devils and Nets don't really have enough of a fanbase to be thrown in there, but I'm probably not objective enough to judge the Devils fanbase. It's not about the rivalries between teams - I don't buy it. The Mets and Yankee players really don't care, Jets/Giants, etc...maybe a few guys on the Devils/Rags, but not the teams as a whole. It's just the fans that I can't stand. You can probably say this to an extent about any fanbase, but it seems a lot worse here. I don't have anything against the Jets, but their fanbase is just horrific. Giants fans aren't much better. The Mets have been so unwatchable at times that I've even had to resort to being happy at Yankee playoff losses. Yankee fans - the old timers are great, and their true fans are good and classy, but it's not always worth the effort sifting through all the frontrunners. Philly fans, Rangers fans, nothing needs to be said about. Islander fans have always been pretty cool. I'm sure the same can probably be said about Cowboys fans, but I haven't really come across all that many.

edit: I guess the only thing I accomplished here is saying that all fanbases are awful, haha.

Edited by metallidevils

Bandwagon? Bandwagon? The Dallas Bandwagon is so laden that its axles are breaking. Though that may have something to do with the average weight of a Dallas citizen. And secondly, it looks like it's getting some needed relief today as everyone leaps off before it sails over the cliff.

Dallas is the biggest bandwagon team of all time in the NFL, though the Patriots are catching up.

Is it really that much of a stretch to think that on a NEW JERSEY DEVILS forum, there are Giants fans that are just as passionate for their football team as they are their hockey team?

I invite one Cowboys fan that isn't from Texas to give me a good reason why they like the Cowboys without citing the early 1990s.

The Giants kicked your asses all over the field in the 2nd half yesterday and I couldn't be prouder of my team or to be a Giants fan. The overwhelming sense of entitlement lavished on Romo, Wade "Average IQ" Phillips and Mr. Burns, I mean Jerry Jones, has been sickening.

Tony Romo's QB rating yesterday: 64.

Eli Manning's QB rating yesterday: 130.

Suck it, Trebek.

Edited by Triumph