GDT: Game 4 Devils @ Canucks 10pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

According to HF, Larsson played the left side growing up.  Apparently the Devils have never taken this into consideration with Pete's obsession with having lefties on the left side and vice-versa.

that's probably due to the fact that his system is literally, dump the puck, get puck, send puck to the point for a shot in front 95% of the time... that wouldnt work too well with a lefties on the right side.

Also why we dont have much production from the D... look at who's the dmen scoring around the league and you'll see that "most" of them are cutting in the middle for shots, not from the outside. Or you have to backup with the puck towards the middle for a shot, not as effective or easy to do going around a guy

well of course we dont have much production cause we have guys who can't get puck through or who's ever been good at producing

Edited by SterioDesign

that's probably due to the fact that his system is literally, dump the puck, get puck, send puck to the point for a shot in front 95% of the time... that wouldnt work too well with a lefties on the right side.

Well, I'm sure the defensive system isn't to have RD end up on the opposite side boards digging for a puck, but things happen.

I'm pretty sure PDB doesn't make these decisions on his own. He probably consults Stevens on these defense decisions. I imagine if Robinson stayed we wouldn't see so much of the pylons in the lineup.

Larsson has been pretty bad. Considering that he's got this tremendous offensive upside, he's been a total defensive liability. He can't prevent the rush.

Harrold is better than Larsson right now.  Zidlicky is too.  So it's either move a guy off his natural side to the left and scratch Volchenkov, or let Larsson sit a game.

My concern is Larsson will end up sitting for more than just a game, instead an extended stretch. I don't think anyone would dispute Larsson's poor play this year, but it's not like they're in the stretch run fighting for a playoff spot or in the playoffs. It's a few games into the season so I don't mind Larsson going thru some growing pains at this moment.

I seriously would love to know what Lou thinks. Not what he'd tell the media, we all know he wouldn't publicly disagree with the coach if asked. I would love to know what he actually really thinks of these lineup decisions.

you're talking about a guy who was obsess with having 2 goons on the team and would simply swap some of them once in awhile buying them out, trading them back and forth just to resign another one right after.

Lou's decisions in the last few years has been as frustrating as Deboer's decision really. I dont remember being that irritated by the Devils management as much as in these last few years

Edited by SterioDesign

I seriously would love to know what Lou thinks. Not what he'd tell the media, we all know he wouldn't publicly disagree with the coach if asked. I would love to know what he actually really thinks of these lineup decisions.

Im sorry to say but this is Lou's fault, again the season was started with the roster situation not taken care of.  FWIW we all have no clue what goes on behind the scenes and maybe he is still trying to move players, but the "best" team they can put out there is not on the ice.

Im sorry to say but this is Lou's fault, again the season was started with the roster situation not taken care of.  FWIW we all have no clue what goes on behind the scenes and maybe he is still trying to move players, but the "best" team they can put out there is not on the ice.

Thats what i hate about Lou's way. He really often putting himself in a corner and in though spots where he has very little control over the results.

Here's a few different examples:

1- Not forfeiting a 29th PICK... which was a sure value with which you can right away limit your loss. Instead he's gambling with the uncertain and MAY put us in a bad position. (in this case im thinking, what's the best case scenario? giving up a late pick. / Whats the worst? giving up a top one if things go wrong... injuries, bad season, etc. so if you have the "best scenario" right there. fvcking take it) As management you want make decisions who should limit your losses, he's CLEARLY not doing that. Imagine if the penalty would have been "within 3 years".... no Schneider... as simple as that.

2- His dealing of his own free agents (apparently) refusing to talk during season, often putting himself in a corner at the mercy of what the players and agents will ultimately want on july 1st

3- Roster management during the summer... often ending up in situations before the season that he HAS to make a move to fit under the cap or limit of players leaving the team in big mess at time and then he has to use old dirty IR tricks to try to make it all work or bench guys who shouldn't or play down a forward or sh!t like that.

again im not saying he's a bad GM i wouldnt want anyone else but yeah... he's putting himself in really though spots for no reasons often and its fvcking frustrating

Edited by SterioDesign

Thats what i hate about Lou's way. He really often putting himself in a corner and in though spots where he has very little control over the results.

Here's a few different examples:

1- Not forfeiting a 29th PICK... which was a sure value with which you can right away limit your loss. Instead he's gambling with the uncertain and MAY put us in a bad position. (in this case im thinking, what's the best case scenario? giving up a late pick. / Whats the worst? giving up a top one if things go wrong... injuries, bad season, etc. so if you have the "best scenario" right there. fvcking take it) As management you want make decisions who should limit your losses, he's CLEARLY not doing that. Imagine if the penalty would have been "within 3 years".... no Schneider... as simple as that.

2- His dealing of his own free agents (apparently) refusing to talk during season, often putting himself in a corner at the mercy of what the players and agents will ultimately want on july 1st

3- Roster management during the summer... often ending up in situations before the season that he HAS to make a move to fit under the cap or limit of players leaving the team in big mess at time and then he has to use old dirty IR tricks to try to make it all work or bench guys who shouldn't or play down a forward or sh!t like that.

again im not saying he's a bad GM i wouldnt want anyone else but yeah... he's putting himself in really though spots for no reasons often and its fvcking frustrating

I agree with pretty much everything here, in regards to #2 I think we will just never know the real truth about what goes on behind the scenes, I would kill to be a fly on the wall in lou's office come July

I agree with pretty much everything here, in regards to #2 I think we will just never know the real truth about what goes on behind the scenes, I would kill to be a fly on the wall in lou's office come July

yeah i really don't want to get in free agents talks here AGAIN i clearly don't see things the same way other guys here are so its useless, but it's part of that "whole" thing. 

lol - the penalty isn't within 3 years.  it's like saying 'what if larsson is a UFA NEXT YEAR?'  whoa well that would change my opinion about the devils use of him.

furthermore NJ waited until the last possible year to do its exchange of picks with the st. louis blues, which is what got them zach parise.  but that lou, waiting until the very end, what an idiot.  when you have time on your side, use it.  the idea that the devils have too many useful players on their roster being a problem is ridiculous.

lol - the penalty isn't within 3 years.  it's like saying 'what if larsson is a UFA NEXT YEAR?'  whoa well that would change my opinion about the devils use of him.

furthermore NJ waited until the last possible year to do its exchange of picks with the st. louis blues, which is what got them zach parise.  but that lou, waiting until the very end, what an idiot.  when you have time on your side, use it.  the idea that the devils have too many useful players on their roster being a problem is ridiculous.

i know the penalty isnt within 3 years thats the point of what i said. If it would have been 3 years, we had no Schneider.

He waited til the very last year where it was "you get what you get no matter what it is". And yeah the Blues exchange is not a good example cause Lou never really had a certain value in hand and gamble, did work out good but thats one example. We'll talk if we have to give up a top pick this year. And look how Matteau flourish on on bottom 4 lines in the future.

ps. and your Larsson analogy doesnt make any sense based on what i said

Edited by SterioDesign

Having depth is certainly not a problem, using the wrong players on the ice is.

Having depth is certainly not a problem, using the wrong players on the ice is.

it is, and certainly my protestations with salvador will never be heard since he is the captain and he plays 25 minutes a game for some reason.  but the difference between gionta and josefson in a 10 minute role isn't substantial.  i wish they'd use josefson, and i have faith that they will.  but rome wasn't built, ransacked, then built up again in a day.  you need gionta to get ransacked first, and he's doing so.

it is, and certainly my protestations with salvador will never be heard since he is the captain and he plays 25 minutes a game for some reason.  but the difference between gionta and josefson in a 10 minute role isn't substantial.  i wish they'd use josefson, and i have faith that they will.  but rome wasn't built, ransacked, then built up again in a day.  you need gionta to get ransacked first, and he's doing so.

I still blame salvador still being here on kovy.  :whistling:

Had kovy not voiced he wasn't sure if he want to come back after the lockout to lou or if the lockout never happened he would have been captain.

Now he is un-moveable because of a letter apparently.

But that's all history and neither here nor there and we must play the cards we are dealt.

Edited by jonnyd91