GDT- Eastern Conference Semifinals. Game 1 New Jersey @ Philadelphia

Derlique

The thing that concerns me is once philly shook off the rust we couldn't get anything going for nearly 2 periods. I just hope we can match their energy going forward.

PDB should put in Larsson. Why be so damn stubborn about it. He can't be any worse than Volchenkov. Let's finally see what the kid can do!

Ok so by my count, Zidlicky, Volchenkov, Kovalchuk, Harrold, Zubrus, and Brodeur all need to be benched according to the knee jerk society.

Amazing how quick stuff changes in 2 days. This was a series that the devils shouldn't even be in, yet here they are. They were supposed to be killed but they made it to overtime. If they pull one out Tuesday it's a best of 5 with home ice. People need to get a grip.

If he did stay in the net, they wouldn't have tied the game in the 3rd because no one else could clear the zone and break them out.

Yeah well if he would have stayed in his net OR not pass the puck directly to the flyers... They wouldnt have needed to tie the game lol they tied cause he gave up a goal on that play

Yeah well if he would have stayed in his net OR not pass the puck directly to the flyers... They wouldnt have needed to tie the game lol they tied cause he gave up a goal on that play

I know it's easy to say he gave up the puck and it's all his fault, but he was playing the puck well all game. He made a misplay, then made a HUGE save to make up for it. The puck landed on JVR's stick for an open net. But why wasn't anyone covering JVR or that side of the ice in general? Goals are rarely all on one guy.

I am sorry, how do you play very well and over play the puck again and then suggest he stay in his net?

I am confused again.

Not bashing marty here he made some great saves which is what he should do but sometimes hes overplaying the puck behind the net thats a fact, our guys are RIGHT THERE and could pick up the puck but hes still going for the puck...

I'm not going to lose any sleep or get that upset over this loss. The better team won today, credit the Flyers for eventually shaking the rust off and taking control of the game. I was pleased to see the Devils still keep it close and give themselves a chance to steal the game - that's all that I am asking them to do in this series. As DevsMan84 pointed out, if the Devils stay out of the box, they'll get their chances. Looking forward to game 2...Go Devils!

NO, if he had stayed glued to the net they would have spent huge portions of the game tied up in their own zone. You're thinking about WHAT happened and not WHY it happened. And then you ignore the 3rd period where he was the only person that could consistently break them out and clear the zone.

im pretty happy with how they played, i hope they come out the same way for game 2 and dont overeact.

liked marty playing the puck

besides the injuries and the stamina... could have used a pp call from the refs wouldve turned it into a W

I am sorry, how do you play very well and over play the puck again and then suggest he stay in his net?

I am confused again.

Not bashing marty here he made some great saves which is what he should do but sometimes hes overplaying the puck behind the net thats a fact, our guys are RIGHT THERE and could pick up the puck but hes still going for the puck...

lol @sterio, all that guy LD does is bash marty.

edit:we needed to score...wait for it...more than 3

Edited by lazer

Ok so by my count, Zidlicky, Volchenkov, Kovalchuk, Harrold, Zubrus, and Brodeur all need to be benched according to the knee jerk society.

Amazing how quick stuff changes in 2 days. This was a series that the devils shouldn't even be in, yet here they are. They were supposed to be killed but they made it to overtime. If they pull one out Tuesday it's a best of 5 with home ice. People need to get a grip.

Agree that the calls for various players to be benched is silly. This is the team...these are the guys the Devils are going to have to win with. There's no one waiting in the wings who improve on who is already in uniform.

I wouldn't say the Devils shouldn't be here...they earned the right to play in this series. Having said that, I was REALLY hoping Ottawa would beat the Rangers, because I definitely did not want the Devils to face the Flyers in this round. I don't think home ice means a thing, nor does the 3-3 regular-season series split. As much as I felt the Devils were going to find a way to beat Florida, and never wavered from that, I don't feel like they're going to beat the Flyers. I don't know how much better they can play than they did in this game...like I've said, I do think they try, I do think they fight, I do think they'll continue to give it their very best. But based on my feelings and how I saw this series going, I don't know if their very best is going to be good enough to beat the Flyers at their very best. Hopefully Bryz can continue his .870 save%...that would be a great equalizer...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Honestly, not even mad.

Marty played like a boss.

Can't wait for game 2

I'm gonna agree with this statement. It really is gonna be a great series. Irish we could have won game one but oh well.

Sorry. I wish not Irish. Spell check is dumb sometimes.

Apparently Marty is blaming the overtime goal to contact made with him by the flyers player. He also basically stated the refs didn't call it because they would be afraid of overturning two goals in Philly with their crowd.

Not exactly the reaction I was looking for from Marty on this but I am not surprised.

I would cite this but I'm on my iphone

It was interference, or at least more blatant interference than stuff that's already gotten goals disallowed in the playoffs, bfd...the Flyers were getting it one way or another in the OT anyway with as much as they dominated.

The thing that concerns me is once philly shook off the rust we couldn't get anything going for nearly 2 periods. I just hope we can match their energy going forward.

PDB should put in Larsson. Why be so damn stubborn about it. He can't be any worse than Volchenkov. Let's finally see what the kid can do!

No, he can definitely be worse than Volchenkov. Larsson hasn't played well in months, just let him take the rest of the season off, he'll be fine next year. I'd rather not have him get destroyed in the playoffs and have that affect him going into next year. Hell I'd rather give Tao a shot but he seems to be on the outside looking in at this point.