Fraser & Pelley traded to ANA

SterioDesign

Are you nuts? Next 5 games watch mark fayne every time hes on the ice and watch every bad decision he makes. thats what u need ur defensemen to do, make smart decisions. fayne does not. idc if he can put up 15-20 points, if he cant clear the zone he can ride pine. i wish he was a top 4 defenseman, but hes not, and him getting the amount of ice time he is shows how little depth we have on d

personally i think fayne is solid...i guess he can be a little hot and cold with his choices but he deserves to be in the 4th or 5th guy

foster and taormina for 6th and 7th dman thats how i see it...keep them on their toes and besides foster could be a complete bust but my rosey devil glass' are seeing a steal here and oates creating a 09' killer tampa powerplay :boogie:

Are you nuts? Next 5 games watch mark fayne every time hes on the ice and watch every bad decision he makes. thats what u need ur defensemen to do, make smart decisions. fayne does not. idc if he can put up 15-20 points, if he cant clear the zone he can ride pine. i wish he was a top 4 defenseman, but hes not, and him getting the amount of ice time he is shows how little depth we have on d

I don't know if you are serious. Fayne has been our best defensmen...period.

Not too familiar with this Foster kid ... anyone know what kind of wheels he has?

Not only do we need a good point man for distributing/shooting purposes, but we need someone capable of getting back quickly for all the shorthanded opportunities we invariably surrender. Taormina has good speed. If Foster can move too, then I think that might be a more important boon to our PP than his booming shot.

At 6'5" 226lbs if he had good wheels he'd be an all-star. More than likely it'll be Taormina or Kovalchuk bringing the puck up and then Foster coming in late and setting up at the point. You would think that a powerplay consisting of Foster, Taormina, Kovalchuk, Parise and Elias would be pretty deadly with regards to speed and puck movement.

Lou acquired this player as a project. He's familiar with Lemaire and Oates and for a couple of spare parts that weren't claimed on waivers....twice. But...

There's always reasons a player has been on now his 5th team in the last 4 years. It's usually more then "he's playing behind such and such players on (insert team here)". Especially when that player is making 1.8 million.

Let's just wait and see. I'm keeping my expectations low simply because, IMO, this is a patchwork project. Let's put it this way, this PP needs all the help it can get.

Edited by SJP20

Well, now they don't have to worry about Fraser's RFA status. Pelley brings ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to a team, Foster is a UFA at the end of the year, and this goalie will either be a nice surprise, or he'll disappear.

Foster could surprise and provide the slapper we've needed from a d-man. Either way... this trade has NO risk. He can be the 7th man if he sucks, put on waivers, and he's gone after this season. I'd be more upset about losing a 7th round draft pick than either of those players to be honest.

meh, we swapped two players with un-fulfilled promise for the same in return. The negative is the extra salary & late pick...

Fraser had the world before him here to be the next great stay-at-home guy ala Kenny D, but couldn't get the job done.

Pelley did half of what he was supposed too in replacing Maddog, a fine checker but he just could never bring any offense to the game.

Maybe the biggest positives are that these guys won't be hanging around in the background now & it also let's others know that they can be next on the trade/waive list...

Eh. Hes UFA this next offseason. We're not winning the conference and are probably going to just squeak in or barely miss the playoffs. Pelley/Fraser were not going to push us one way or another. Id rather see what Foster can do for us than Pelley/Fraser.

I am a big Pelley fan and I glad he got one, just as I predicted. I swear the goalie looked like he was gonna kill himself after the goal though. He actually got on one knee and put his head in the crook of his arm. It was just screaming, I cant believe Pelley just scored on me. Also, the interview with Pelley after the period was really awkward, as he just kind of rambled on, with a bunch of ummmmmms thrown in. Good for Rod though and Lou did both those guys a solid trading them where they may play. And anyone that plays the game and says Pelley sucks, I just hope you know that you could never ever, ever come close to his skill level or in case your a beer league hero defensemen, Fraser's either.