The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

I miss it and wish they brought it back

Not holding my breath for it though

Seems to be done for good

From what I hear it is done for good.

Also hearing they will have a draft party this year at the Rock, but without the equipment sale.

From what I hear it is done for good.

Also hearing they will have a draft party this year at the Rock, but without the equipment sale.

Nothing is ever "done for good." Just because the current powers that be don't want to deal with it doesn't mean someone else won't be in charge 5 years from now.

Nothing is ever "done for good." Just because the current powers that be don't want to deal with it doesn't mean someone else won't be in charge 5 years from now.

True in that never say never.  I don't think it is a matter of the owners don't want to deal with it.  Indications are the owners want full control of it.  I think what is stopping them is their agreement(s) with Meigray.  I shutter to think of how things will be if the Devils ran their game worn program or go through Fanatics Authentics since one of the minority owners (Michael Rubin) is the founder and CEO of Fanatics.  The Blues sold their set 3 jerseys this season through Fanatics Authentics.  The top players got auctioned off on there while the rest of the players were for sale at crazy prices.  Can't want to see $3,000.00 Henrique jerseys for sale.

Anyone know when gameworn.net auction is supposed to start?

Who knows and they had this issue with their last auction as well.

I am very curious to see if the big controversy with gameworn.net about a month or so ago is going to affect this sale with the possible/probably loss of consignments.

What happened with the site?

Around the beginning of April, the Gameworn.net forums had a notice that they were undergoing "maintenance" and that they would be back the next day.  About 2 and a half days later it came back online but with a totally new format.  That really wasn't an issue.  The issue was that now they wanted to charge users to use the forum, especially the Marketplace section where people were listing their jerseys for sale.  They wanted $250 a year so you can post in the marketplace section while also charging a monthly membership fee for using the enhanced features of the site like having your own collector site on there.  That pissed off a ton of members, including long time ones who saw this as another money grab by S&K.  This was basically the straw that broke the camel's back for many collectors who have long complained about issues with the site, especially with how hard it is for new members to get registered because no one picks up the phone when you call.

There was a mass exodus towards gameworn.us to the point where now even Meigray recognizes them and you can see they now have a banner on meigray.com along with gameworn.net.  A few days after the re-launch of gameworn.net the admins had to backtrack by announcing they were dropping the premium membership fees as well as fees to post in the marketplace, but the damage is done.  There were huge threads in the game worn jersey groups on FB about this and some promised to never consign with gameworn auctions again.

True in that never say never.  I don't think it is a matter of the owners don't want to deal with it.  Indications are the owners want full control of it.  I think what is stopping them is their agreement(s) with Meigray.  I shutter to think of how things will be if the Devils ran their game worn program or go through Fanatics Authentics since one of the minority owners (Michael Rubin) is the founder and CEO of Fanatics.  The Blues sold their set 3 jerseys this season through Fanatics Authentics.  The top players got auctioned off on there while the rest of the players were for sale at crazy prices.  Can't want to see $3,000.00 Henrique jerseys for sale.

Who knows and they had this issue with their last auction as well.

I am very curious to see if the big controversy with gameworn.net about a month or so ago is going to affect this sale with the possible/probably loss of consignments.

If they go this route, the $3,000 Henrique jerseys will sit and collect multiple layers of dust

If they go this route, the $3,000 Henrique jerseys will sit and collect multiple layers of dust

Yes and no. Collectors won't buy at that price because they know that's crazy. The Joe-schmo with deep pockets and the Puck Bunnies borrowing daddy's credit card would certainly take at least a very hard look at it.

I still meet lots of devils fans who just don't know this hobby exists and that you can actually buy game worn jerseys outside of the equipment sale. This will now make the general public aware and like I said above those people would pay.

Yes and no. Collectors won't buy at that price because they know that's crazy. The Joe-schmo with deep pockets and the Puck Bunnies borrowing daddy's credit card would certainly take at least a very hard look at it.

I still meet lots of devils fans who just don't know this hobby exists and that you can actually buy game worn jerseys outside of the equipment sale. This will now make the general public aware and like I said above those people would pay.

I just don't see anyone paying that kind of price

They will hook a few morons here and there; but for the most part they will not sell steadily.

I just don't see anyone paying that kind of price

They will hook a few morons here and there; but for the most part they will not sell steadily.

I think more than a few. A lot of the morons are not collectors because they don't know the hobby exists. They are right now instead overpaying for autographed crap.

You put this stuff right in front of these peoples faces like I described and you will get them to pay.

I think more than a few. A lot of the morons are not collectors because they don't know the hobby exists. They are right now instead overpaying for autographed crap.

You put this stuff right in front of these peoples faces like I described and you will get them to pay.

I don't k ow about that.. there are tons and tons of retards on the devils Facebook page we are. A part of and I've posted jerseys on there and have only sold one on there. .people are just tire kickers no one buys anything

I don't k ow about that.. there are tons and tons of retards on the devils Facebook page we are. A part of and I've posted jerseys on there and have only sold one on there. .people are just tire kickers no one buys anything

True and I recently had a big ordeal when I posted a Zajac gamer for sale on a Devils FB group.

Thing is the people who are on the FB groups, while a far more representative cross section of Devils fans than let's say here or HF Boards, are really not going to be the audience that buys these sort of things.  At the arena you have plenty of business people and those with heavy wallets that are in the suites and club seats who are more likely than not unaware of this hobby and now will be exposed to it.  The FB groups tend to be mostly the 14-35 year old age group so gamers for most of them are out of their reach.

Again the people I am talking about that will be exposed are those business people with way too much money and not enough brains and the Puck Bunnies who are borrowing Daddy's credit cards.  This doesn't include the 18-25 year old FB addicts who overvalue autographs and buy knockoff jerseys.

• 2 weeks later...

nice..i have had the itch to pick something up theres really nothing on gamewornauctions.net i think i only saw a marty gamer that is going to end up there in price and a stevens gamer..i regret selling my henrique!

I hear ha. I just bought something and still have the itch to pick something else up. I wasn't impressed with gamewornauctions or classic auctions inventory. I don't have endless pockets to blow on a Stevens or Broduer jersey so I'm looking elsewhere myself. Don't blame you. That Henrique you had was a great jersey.

Classic is nothing special this time and gameworn auctions is bad this time (not surprised)

I got a couple things lately so I gotta take it easy for the time being. Hoagie got some good stuff In lately but a little too rich for my blood too.

What have you gotten in lately? I haven't seen what Hoagie has in. I saw the ice violence did an update and there's a nice Madden on there but too rich for me for that jersey.

I was hoping for some better things on Classic Auctions. I'm still so upset I missed out on the Holik they had last year. I've been wanting one of his so bad for the longest time.

What have you gotten in lately? I haven't seen what Hoagie has in. I saw the ice violence did an update and there's a nice Madden on there but too rich for me for that jersey.

I was hoping for some better things on Classic Auctions. I'm still so upset I missed out on the Holik they had last year. I've been wanting one of his so bad for the longest time.

Hoagie is ice violence lol. Classic hasn't had much devils stuff the last couple of auctions. Hope it's just a dead time but could be those stuff is just getting locked away.

I got the gelly retro night gamer, got a 2003-04 preseason worn Marshall and got a 2002-03 game issued Albany river rats Bret Clouthier jersey. That river rats jersey has the unique main logo with the X in front of Rude E Rat. Apparently they were going to wear them as their main jersey that year but when Lou found out he nixed it before they ever wore them. They made a white and red set and sold them as game issued at their store later that season and they are pretty hard to find.

I got the Marshall preseason gamer because they are hard to find as 2 collectors that I know pretty much have 80-85% of all his devils gamers. Figured this would be the next best thing lol.

Haha. My fault. I never knew haha. He does have some nice things on there though. I've been looking for an Oduya but I just can't pull the trigger on that one.

Those are great pickups. Great additions to your collection. I'm still waiting for a River Rats for my collection. I'm originally from Albany and they were a big part of my childhood and the reason why I became a Devils fan.

I'm always waiting on the jerseys for the past year to hit Meigray. I wonder what the hold up is.

Haha. My fault. I never knew haha. He does have some nice things on there though. I've been looking for an Oduya but I just can't pull the trigger on that one.

Those are great pickups. Great additions to your collection. I'm still waiting for a River Rats for my collection. I'm originally from Albany and they were a big part of my childhood and the reason why I became a Devils fan.

I'm always waiting on the jerseys for the past year to hit Meigray. I wonder what the hold up is.

From what I see they have all of this year's jerseys on Meigray albeit still on pre-order for a lot of them. This sort of thing happened last year too where it took them a bit to put up set 3.

From what I see they have all of this year's jerseys on Meigray albeit still on pre-order for a lot of them. This sort of thing happened last year too where it took them a bit to put up set 3.

i remember this it took months last year for them to get pictures up after the season ended.. i saw a nice madden jersey on iceviolence but the price is a bit steep..however i dont know if anyone has ever done business with him before but the one time i spoke with him he was willing to negotiate

• 2 weeks later...

Any one hear anything about MeiGary summer sale?

They won't announce it until the week before the expo the earliest. Last year the terms were announced 2-3 days before the expo so I expect the same. From the clues I've seen based on the winter/holiday sale it will be the same terms as last year's summer sale/ winter holiday sale.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.