Gomez #91 now on Canadiens...

BlizzardCyclone

Its just weird seeing our players in different jerseys this season (excluding Gomez.) Im talking about mainly Gionta, Madden, Clemmensen and Rupp. Starting off with Madden in a Blackhawks jersey. Albeit the colors are basically the same, its still weird. I see Madden chose to keep #11. Gionta has chosen Higgins old number, #21, while Rupp and Clemmensens #s have not been posted yet. Gionta's #14 was taken. I just thought it was funny that Gomez picked #91, considering he always loved #11, and seeing as Koivu is gone now, maybe he'd switch to that? They just look weird, idk...

8467336.jpg

8466371.jpg

clem_FL.jpg

giomtl.jpg

gomezmtl.jpg

Edited by BlizzardCyclone

Its just weird seeing our players in different jerseys this season (excluding Gomez.) Im talking about mainly Gionta, Madden, Clemmensen and Rupp. Starting off with Madden in a Blackhawks jersey. Albeit the colors are basically the same, its still weird. I see Madden chose to keep #11. Gionta has chosen Higgins old number, #21, while Rupp and Clemmensens #s have not been posted yet. Gionta's #14 was taken. I just thought it was funny that Gomez picked #91, considering he always loved #11, and seeing as Koivu is gone now, maybe he'd switch to that? They just look weird, idk...

My guess is that since Koivu was a leader and beloved (for the most part) they won't be so quick to hand his number out just yet. Maybe next season.

Where did you find this info, by the way? I was kind of curious about what numbers some FA's would be wearing.

i imagine that saku koivu's number will be retired by the canadiens, so i don't see anyone getting that.

what will be more weird is when devils get issued numbers 11 or 14. it might not happen this season but will certainly occur in the future. if shanahan re-signs here, he probably takes 14, bergfors 18, pikkarainen will likely get 17 (oops forgot 24 is issued already), and leblond 25.

Edited by Triumph

I think Shanahan will take 14 or 11, considering his original number with the Devils was 11.

As far as the info about Gomez and Giontas numbers, if you go to Montreals website, on the roster list, it lists Gomez as #91, and if you click on one of the feature stories on the main page, it tells the numbers of all the recently acquired Canadiens. For some reason Gomez is mysteriously left out of that article... But thats where it is mentioned that Gionta will be taking #21. As for Madden, he is also listed as #11 on the roster page of the Blackhawks website...

On a side note, if Shanny signs and chooses 11, do you think Rolston goes back to #14 and Zubrus back to #16?

Plus idk if Lou would allow all that number switching but it seems likely that he will at least change Shannys, seeing as Brylin is back in some sort of manner with the organization and wants to keep it nice there keeping the #18 vacant.

Edited by BlizzardCyclone

what will be more weird is when devils get issued numbers 11 or 14. it might not happen this season but will certainly occur in the future. if shanahan re-signs here, he probably takes 14,

Why not his original Devils # 11?

shanahan had 14 (or 94, for a brief time) for the vast majority of his career.

On a side note, if Shanny signs and chooses 11, do you think Rolston goes back to #14 and Zubrus back to #16?

Plus idk if Lou would allow all that number switching but it seems likely that he will at least change Shannys, seeing as Brylin is back in some sort of manner with the organization and wants to keep it nice there keeping the #18 vacant.

My guess is Bergfors or Shanny will wear 18, Rolston sticks with 12, Zubrus sticks with 8. Rolston wore 12 his whole time in Minny, and Zubes doesn't really care about the numbers. I see Pikkarainen as 14.

• Like 1