GDT- Devils vs CAPITALS

pumpkin cutter

They're playing Columbus, the Isles, the Sharks and Detroit in the four games after the break before the deadline.  Good luck finding more than maybe one win anywhere in those games and don't give me the Isles cause we always suck against them.  They'll be like seven points out and with no choice but to sell.

And sell they should,this year is a bust already.......So glad I had my seats from 93-2005 .

Yea, Columbus will skate circles around us. Dubinsky will score a goal and we'll have to look at his douche face all night.

Sharks, forget about it,

Isles we're 50/50 to win. Nabokov will become Hasek that game. Detroit..maybe we can squeeze a point out of that one. They're not that good either

Detroit'll probably have a healthy Datsyuk/Franzen by then though.  I think they'll make a run down the stretch...and we have a home-and-home with them off the break too.

Lou Lamoriello should look in the mirror and ask himself why Harrold is on this roster in the first place. As much as Pete is looking like a coach who isn't long for the job, let's stop pretending Lou Lamoriello shouldn't shoulder any responsibility for having this type of garbage on the roster.

Yes Amen

Devils are now 7-3-4 in Cory's last 14 starts.  That's actually pretty bad when you realize Cory hasn't given up more than 2 goals in regulation in any of them, and has put up a .944 save% and a 1.43 GAA.   

The good news:  even with what amounts to god-awful, embarrassingly bad goal support, the Devils have managed to come away with a .643 point% in these 14 Cory starts.  And this is with Cory getting almost NOTHING to work with.  Outside of the 7 goals of support he rec'd in the game against St. Louis, he's gotten 19 goals total in the other 13 starts (1.46 GPG)...and has somehow gone 6-3-4 in those games.

The Devils are not a good offensive team, goes without saying, but they're not 1.46 GPG bad.  No NHL team really is.  They should improve over that.  The big question is can Cory keeping playing this well if and when the Devils do start to score some goals?   

What’s Lamoriello thinking? NJ.com chased him down for comment as he was leaving the Verizon Center.

“Well, you always want to score,” Lamoriello said. “There’s no question. Right now we just have to just take a step back and go from there.”

Does Lamoriello think he needs to trade for help?

"You know better than that (to ask)," he said with a smile. http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/02/patrik_elias_it_doesnt_take_a_rocket_scientist_to_see_devils_need_to_deal_for_scorer.html

No doubt Lou's been trying, but its not easy to make a deal. We all get frustrated with Lou, but I'm sure he's working the phones. It isn't for lack of effort.

He's definitely exhausted the "from within" route, but the Devils just have gotten any real "from within" contributions at forward.  Would've been great if Boucher had been able to find the net, but it just didn't happen.  I think Lou's waiting to see where the team is at the deadline.  I'm a big Lou supporter, but I have to admit, some of his quotes have been a little scary lately...but considering that he's always been a lousy interview, I probably shouldn't read into anything he says to a reporter.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

He's definitely exhausted the "from within" route, but the Devils just have gotten any real "from within" contributions at forward. Would've been great if Boucher had been able to find the net, but it just didn't happen. I think Lou's waiting to see where the team is at the deadline. I'm a big Lou supporter, but I have to admit, some of his quotes have been a little scary lately...but considering that he's always been a lousy interview, I probably shouldn't read into anything he says to a reporter.

I take Lou's quotes with a rather large grain of salt. He's the master at giving the media nothing. He said the same kind of stuff back in the day too.

I guess were pretty much guarenteed to make some kind of move ...anxious to see what happens and if nothing well then what a disappointment

I just don't want a 'desperation' move. This season isn't worth salvaging for that. Keep the young d-men unless its a deal for an under-30, top 6 forward who's under contract for several years. I'd love it if a deal like that can be made, but I doubt it. More than anything, I'm hoping we find some team that would take Salvador for a bag of pucks.