67 replies to this topic

#21 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

Anybody have the limited edition Blueberry Ale from Triumph at the New Hope location? Everyone says it is great but it should be gone by the end of the week.

I was at Long Valley last night and the beers there were awesome as usual. I had something that was called "Jersey Fresh Hopped Ale." It was quite good and recommend it for anyone who likes their beers to be on the hoppy side.

I cannot wait to go to Port 44 when the season starts. By then they should have a complete, if not almost complete selection of brews for me to sample. Will this place have like a sampler on the menu when they have the complete lineup of beers like most other brewpubs do?

#22 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

Anybody have the limited edition Blueberry Ale from Triumph at the New Hope location? Everyone says it is great but it should be gone by the end of the week.

I was at Long Valley last night and the beers there were awesome as usual. I had something that was called "Jersey Fresh Hopped Ale." It was quite good and recommend it for anyone who likes their beers to be on the hoppy side.

I cannot wait to go to Port 44 when the season starts. By then they should have a complete, if not almost complete selection of brews for me to sample. Will this place have like a sampler on the menu when they have the complete lineup of beers like most other brewpubs do?

Can you get it in a growler?
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

Can you get it in a growler?

If you mean the Blueberry Ale from Triumph, I am not sure. Usually you could but since this is a very limited run beer, they might only allow you to have it in pints.

#24 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

Well what was pretty cool is that they had I think 6 or 8 taps so they will have their own stuff or other NJ breweries on TAP, they had Cricket Hill and three others when I was there so I was a happy man.

#25 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

I went to this place before and after the game yesterday and enjoyed it very much. It's only like two blocks up from the arena, the music wasn't obnoxiously loud like at most bars I've been to, and the beers were great.

I had their Sirens Wheat, Catskill Hop Harvest Ale, Devil's Red, and Longy's Black Market Stout. All of which were very good but the stout was by far my favorite. My friend had the Goldfinch Ale and he said that was also real good. They had Cricket Hill Nocturne on tap as well, and there was a River Horse beer that was erased on the chalkboard so I guess they had something from them too before they ran out.

This is going to be my pre/post-game spot now.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

I went to this place before and after the game yesterday and enjoyed it very much. It's only like two blocks up from the arena, the music wasn't obnoxiously loud like at most bars I've been to, and the beers were great.

I had their Sirens Wheat, Catskill Hop Harvest Ale, Devil's Red, and Longy's Black Market Stout. All of which were very good but the stout was by far my favorite. My friend had the Goldfinch Ale and he said that was also real good. They had Cricket Hill Nocturne on tap as well, and there was a River Horse beer that was erased on the chalkboard so I guess they had something from them too before they ran out.

This is going to be my pre/post-game spot now.

So I take it right now, only the Goldfinch Ale and Devil's Red are made in-house while the rest are from other commercial breweries?

#27 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

They have the ability to produce 3-4 beers and sell them but after that I think they have to purchase. The way I understood their approach they wanted to stick to "local" brews primarily NJ ones but that was their theme.

#28 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

Where is Port 44?
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#29 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

They have the ability to produce 3-4 beers and sell them but after that I think they have to purchase. The way I understood their approach they wanted to stick to "local" brews primarily NJ ones but that was their theme.

Yeah but are they only now producing 2 beers at this moment? I thought I heard over a month ago that they were starting on a stout. I know it takes time to make these beers but brewpubs should have more than just a couple of in-house made beers.

#30 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

So I take it right now, only the Goldfinch Ale and Devil's Red are made in-house while the rest are from other commercial breweries?

No they are all made in-house except for the Cricket Hill Nocturne.

Where is Port 44?

It's on Commerce, you go north from the arena about two blocks and make a left and it's right there.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#31 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

We're into the a few - but one is in Lake Placid and another around Albany... so this would be cute to visit... I wish my sister was into hockey then we'd have more people going - WAIT!!! My nephew is getting SOOO into the Devils and THIS my husband and his Bro would love! Cuteness... :angry: it better not suck <_<

I'm here for the party

#32 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:26 PM

Did anyone here ever check out the Ship Inn in Milford? Triumph just never thrills me... Like Harvest Moon just blahh.

I'm here for the party

#33 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

Did anyone here ever check out the Ship Inn in Milford? Triumph just never thrills me... Like Harvest Moon just blahh.

Ship Inn is not bad, but not great either. Harvest Moon is terrible and to me Triumph and Long Valley are the best. Only problem I have with Triumph is the crowd (only at Princeton and doesnt apply to Philly or New Hope). Going there Mon-Wed is the best. I want to try Port 44 next and I am almost done visiting all of the Brew Pubs in NJ.

#34 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

No they are all made in-house except for the Cricket Hill Nocturne.

It's on Commerce, you go north from the arena about two blocks and make a left and it's right there.

I meant to ask, Is it near Newark Penn?
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#35 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

Ship Inn has a nice Best Bitter.... but man the food is weird these days - one day good the next poopage. I wasn't too into their Smoketoberfest. I had this AMAZING smoked porter up in Lake Placid -- I mean this was like WOOD CHIPS - so good.

I ought to try triumph in New Hope. My husband just said he loves Triumph. I haven't been to Princeton in a while. What's Long Valley?

Here my husband is going out to Sonoma and I'm trying to think of what he should ship home and I can't stop thinking about beer! I should have gone to Sonoma too -- but honestly I get really stressed about flying -- I'm fine flying - but the whole IDEA of it freaks me out too much. And YES I DO get freaked out daily about how unsafe driving is :P

I'm here for the party

#36 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

sh!t double post again -- stupid MacBook <_<

Edited by Pepperkorn, 12 October 2010 - 02:52 PM.

I'm here for the party

#37 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

Ship Inn has a nice Best Bitter.... but man the food is weird these days - one day good the next poopage. I wasn't too into their Smoketoberfest. I had this AMAZING smoked porter up in Lake Placid -- I mean this was like WOOD CHIPS - so good.

I ought to try triumph in New Hope. My husband just said he loves Triumph. I haven't been to Princeton in a while. What's Long Valley?

Here my husband is going out to Sonoma and I'm trying to think of what he should ship home and I can't stop thinking about beer! I should have gone to Sonoma too -- but honestly I get really stressed about flying -- I'm fine flying - but the whole IDEA of it freaks me out too much. And YES I DO get freaked out daily about how unsafe driving is :P

I tend to like the beers at Triumph Princeton a little better, but I find that I enjoy the food more at Triumph New Hope. Since my move, I now live about 20 min tops from Triumph Princeton so I go there almost once a week.

Long Valley Brew Pub is a small brew pub but I think it is very good. Both the beers and the food are awesome there, but the only issue is that it is in the middle of nowhere. They just also installed earlier this year an outdoor bar as well when weather permits, and it is awesome to sit outside at the bar and watch the TV there. Below is a link to them:

Long Valley Brew Pub

Another good place is Trap Rock in Berkeley Heights. The beers there are awesome as well, however if you look at the menu, you will see the food is pretty expensive to say the least. Good for a drink or 2 but that is it.

Trap Rock

Edited by DevsMan84, 12 October 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#38 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

I meant to ask, Is it near Newark Penn?

Yes it is right by the arena. Here's a map that shows the train station, Port 44, and the arena.
--John Buccigross

#39 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

Long valley isn't that far from us. Looks great -- and I'll be sure to miss the live music if I can!

Now I have to check out your trap rock link

EDIT:
Hahaha my husband dinged Long Valley! Annoying part of Jerz - so I guess it's West and now South of 78 now too. Nahh -- we'll probably go there one day just not this Friday.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 12 October 2010 - 06:31 PM.

I'm here for the party

#40 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:30 PM

Trap Rock is a little bit of a haul -- I guess it's not so bad, just down 78 ... but still -- I hate heading east of 287 now... I'm a hick :P

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users