NFL Week 3!!!

CRASHER

Pretty exciting finishes today.

Cleveland/Minnesota was more entertaining than expected and who figured Hoyer would throw for 300+ yards and 3 touchdowns (oh yeah, Jordan Cameron with all 3 of those TD's -- remember I mentioned him in the AFC preview?).

Johnathan Franklin was very impressive.... but man what a killer fumble. Ugly stat line from Rodgers. Packers are 1-2 hitting the bye and won't have it easy coming out of it (vs DET, @ BAL). With all of that said, I still like this team; Rodgers is still the best QB in the league and the two losses were very close games (and both winnable) against pretty good teams.

Tampa Bay can't keep throwing Freeman out there for much longer, can they? RedZone wasn't showing much of this game but jeez, what awful numbers. He's been brutal in every game so far. Whether it's Schiano getting canned or Freeman getting benched/traded, something is going to happen here soon.

Speaking of messes.... 38-0 Panthers = 0-3 Giants. Wow. 

Didn't see much of the Baltimore/Houston game but Manta should probably ease up on writing the Ravens' 2013 tombstone. :P

Impressed with Indy beating up SF on the road and Miami topping Atlanta. Both of these teams are better than I originally thought, particularly Miami. Still not sold on Indy fighting off regression to get back in the playoffs but they're off to a solid start and nobody would've figured they come into SF and win by 20. 

Edited by nmigliore

3-0 for the Pats.  Considering how they've looked at times, impossible not to be thrilled about it.  Even sweeter since Beez-O the Clown clearly thought they were probably going 0-2 to start the season.

Detractors will point out the level of competition (two rookie QBs and one who looks like he's about to lose his job), and I can understand why...but at least they didn't LOSE any of these games, even if the wins weren't pretty.  These were games they had to have...the schedule gets a lot tougher from here on out.   

I try to stay away from the "fixed" garbage. But this is the closest I've seen. Because the refs have an agenda. ignoring Bills holds, ignoring bills fumbles, making up penalties on the jets. It's really close to ruining the integrity of the game

rex hasn't helped with his moronic challenges. However, Bohanan had the 1st and the Jets got an awful spot

I think Mo Wilkersons jersey has been pulled to 4x it's size by now

The challenge on the third down spot was inexcusable...if you want to call a timeout then do so, don't use a challenge that'll never overturn a play as a guise for a timeout, that burned challenge could have cost us big time when the officials somehow forgot Manuel fumbled on one of the few penalties they actually called on Buffalo (the Jets had 20! penalties to their 7).

Pretty exciting finishes today.

Cleveland/Minnesota was more entertaining than expected and who figured Hoyer would throw for 300+ yards and 3 touchdowns (oh yeah, Jordan Cameron with all 3 of those TD's -- remember I mentioned him in the AFC preview?).

Johnathan Franklin was very impressive.... but man what a killer fumble. Ugly stat line from Rodgers. Packers are 1-2 hitting the bye and won't have it easy coming out of it (vs DET, @ BAL). With all of that said, I still like this team; Rodgers is still the best QB in the league and the two losses were very close games (and both winnable) against pretty good teams.

Tampa Bay can't keep throwing Freeman out there for much longer, can they? RedZone wasn't showing much of this game but jeez, what awful numbers. He's been brutal in every game so far. Whether it's Schiano getting canned or Freeman getting benched/traded, something is going to happen here soon.

Speaking of messes.... 38-0 Panthers = 0-3 Giants. Wow. 

Didn't see much of the Baltimore/Houston game but Manta should probably ease up on writing the Ravens' 2013 tombstone. :P

Impressed with Indy beating up SF on the road and Miami topping Atlanta. Both of these teams are better than I originally thought, particularly Miami. Still not sold on Indy fighting off regression to get back in the playoffs but they're off to a solid start and nobody would've figured they come into SF and win by 20. 

The ENTIRE BAR was stunned at the Franklin fumble and run back for 6....good for Cincinnati....that was a huge and gutty win for them.... even my GF when we watched Gameday Final (I'm trying to get her back up to speed on the rest of the NFL, without it turning into a Giants/Cowboys pissing match :P ).....and she saw the fumble....and the fumble....and the dash to the end zone.... priceless reaction!!

The Browns and Vikings game was the highlight of 1pm (even 38-0 Carolina got boring after a while :evil: )

How about that RG 0&3 ??? My dumb ass goes out and drafts both read-option QBs after screaming all season that defensive coaches would catch up and figure it out....and it looks like the league has already :rant:

Houston's going to be what they are as long as they have Kubiak and Schaub....just good enough to get plastered when it counts.... (PS, the Ravens should pay Ray Lewis $3 mil a game just to stand on the sidelines....it fraking WORKS :blink: )

The Rams and 49ers game is HUGE Thursday....one of those two teams is gonna be buried after this one.....Wonder if the 49ers wish they had Alex Smith back NOW??? :lol:

I won't call the Giants dead till 0-5.... #paranoia-much ?? :P

I forgot to mention the Chargers/Titans, that was another exciting finish with Locker moving up the field with 2 minutes left and then hitting Justin Hunter for the game-winning TD on what was a push-off. That game had some other weird sh!t with Rivers throwing a tantrum at the officials (and getting flagged for it) when they called back a TD on offensive PI and then this crazy sh!t on the last play. :lol:

Giants won't have it easy over the next few weeks: @ KC, vs PHI, @ Chicago on a short week. Out of desperation I bet they win at least two but there's also a very real chance they emerge out of that 1-5. 

Kaepernick doesn't have many weapons to work with; Davis missed yesterday's game and while Boldin is solid, he can't be your #1. At least they got Gore going finally but they really miss Michael Crabtree. On the defensive side of things, all of this Aldon Smith stuff can't help either. 

Edited by nmigliore

I still can't get over how Green Bay lost. Just a mess of a game for them. Really fun Sunday after a brutal Saturday of College ball.

Atlanta is such a fraud. Kudos to Miami for getting it done, but I can't believe how badly they screwed up the last 6-7 minutes. I am sure Barnwell will give it to Mike Smith in his column. Atlanta could have had the ball down 4 with about 2 minutes left, but instead only had about 40 seconds.

I still can't get over how Green Bay lost. Just a mess of a game for them. Really fun Sunday after a brutal Saturday of College ball.

Atlanta is such a fraud. Kudos to Miami for getting it done, but I can't believe how badly they screwed up the last 6-7 minutes. I am sure Barnwell will give it to Mike Smith in his column. Atlanta could have had the ball down 4 with about 2 minutes left, but instead only had about 40 seconds.

Smith was at it earlier in the game too: he could have went for it on 4-and-1 when they were on the Miami 2. Instead he opted for the FG to go up 13-7. Going for it makes so much sense there. The upside is you take a 2-score lead, the downside is you fail to convert but pin Miami at it's 1- or 2-yard line. Opting for the FG is just moronic. 

Green Bay is a lot like the Giants, except they have a better QB, and they get some turnovers on defense....the rest is a mess there.... credit to the Bengals here though....people are looking past them way too easily....

I agree on Atlanta...but the Falcons damn well better beat New England next week......

Green Bay is a lot like the Giants, except they have a better QB, and they get some turnovers on defense....the rest is a mess there.... credit to the Bengals here though....people are looking past them way too easily....

I agree on Atlanta...but the Falcons damn well better beat New England next week......

I agree about GB and Rodgers. Reminds me of New Orleans last year without Payton where you relied on Brees doing everything (no coaching help), but even he had more help offensively with his o-line and run game. 

Just when Manta stopped weeping about the Ravens :lol:

REPORT: RAVENS WR JACOBY JONES INJURED BY STRIPPER ON PARTY BUS - Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones isn’t exactly have the best September. During the Ravens season opener against the Denver Broncos, Jones was accidently ran into by his own teammate, rookie safety Brynden Trawick. That hit not only knocked Jones out of the game, but it also sidelined him for 4-6 weeks with a knee injury.

But Jones apparently isn’t letting that knee injury stop him from partying it up. According to TMZ.com, Jones was hit in the head with a bottle by a stripper named Sweet Pea. There was enough damage and blood for an ambulance to be called to the scene.

Jones wasn’t taken to the hospital, but police did respond to incident that occurred about 3 a.m. as party-goers were leaving Opera Ultra Lounge in Washington, D.C.

Jones and several other Ravens players were celebrating Bryant McKinnie’s birthday, the website reports.

Jones' agent, Kennard McGuire, told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that "Jacoby is at practice."

Of course, that does nothing to shed light on the scandalous report.

A source told TMZ that ‘Sweet Pea’ clocked Jones with an Ace of Spades bottle of champagne, triggering the brawl. He was reportedly “bleeding everywhere.” Jones’ friends allegedly tried to retaliate, but McKinnie stepped in to stop him, and a fight broke out between Jones’ friend and Bryant.

No arrests were made because no one cooperated with the police, TMZ says. (Photo: USA Today Sports)

:rofl:

Ironically the toughest games they have left are at New England...and at Indy lol.  Maybe at KC too but I just can't see an Alex Smith offense scoring enough to win and I'm not convinced the Chiefs' defense is that good yet.

What number's greater by the end of the season - Jaguar losses or Bronco wins?  I'll take Jaguar losses...I can see the Broncos losing at NE and giving up another game toward the end of the season when they have everything clinched, but the Jags have the stench of 1-15 AT BEST.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Vikings-Giants is MNF in a few weeks, that'll be a real classic lol...but the Vikes were a playoff team last year and the Giants are the Giants so I can understand that.

What amuses me about next week's schedule is the NFL actually 'got rid' of the right game, sending the Vikings and Steelers (0-3 each) off to London.  That's really gonna get the locals interested in football :P  Maybe CRASHER should go over there and extol the virtues of anti-football.

Vikings-Giants is MNF in a few weeks, that'll be a real classic lol...but the Vikes were a playoff team last year and the Giants are the Giants so I can understand that.

What amuses me about next week's schedule is the NFL actually 'got rid' of the right game, sending the Vikings and Steelers (0-3 each) off to London.  That's really gonna get the locals interested in football :P  Maybe CRASHER should go over there and extol the virtues of anti-football.

I'd gladly go to England if I was allowed to play QB for the Vikings, I can't be much worse then Plunder is :P

My God the quality of anti-football is stepping up this year!!! :wub:

don't forget....coming soon..... Giants and Raiders!!! My God I may have to be fired up for Giants games?!!??! The hell?!?!?! :blink: 

Years ago the Raiders/Broncos was a decent rivarly.....after Shanahan got the AX from Oakland....

That used to be a huge rivalry back in the early Eighties too when Lyle Alzado was kicking ass and taking names. Whenever those two teams played each other, their game would almost always qualify for the second part of NBC doubleheaders after the Jets ended at 4:00.