Jon Merrill recalled from Albany

gardenstatepkwy

Zid makes some defensive mistakes, but he does actually know how to play defensively.  This year he hasn't been bad defensively.  Greene has been excellent.  Don't get me wrong.  But his offensive game has been lacking.  I think overall Zid has been our best d-man.

Lacking what? Greene was never an offensive dynamo save for that one 30 something point season a few years back when he took Martin's place. Zid has played well, but he has at least one WTF moment every game.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing of gelinas' personality but whenever a young player comes up and looks as good as he did I worry that they may get a little too comfortable... And wind up having games like last night.

Not saying this is the case but at the very least Merrill can push gelinas similarly to how gelinas seemed to push Larsson (who has looked great since gelinas came up)

If Merrill's up, you want him to play, and that means somebody has to sit. Volch is playing decently, and he's your big guy, so you sit Gellinas, Fayne, or Larsson. IMO Larsson and Fayne need to play. If Gellinas is hurting at all, he should sit.

I think he means Merrill getting hurt on his first (or second) shift

just another one to add to the injury list.. lets all be honest fans here.. merrill or no merrill we are still going to lose to this minny team... and im not being negative i obviously want the devils to win just as much as anyone here.. but im being honest..

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/merrill_leaves_nhl_debut_with_facial_lacerations_and_possible_concussion/

Merrill sustained facial lacerations and a possible concussion when he crashed hard into the left corner boards in the Devils’ end just 4:49 into the game.

Merrill appeared dazed and had a cut over his left eye as he was helped off the ice. He was not available to talk to the media after the game.

Devils coach Pete DeBoer said Merrill underwent base-line testing (which is done to determine if a player sustained a concussion).

I feel horrible for him. Suffered a cracked vertebrae last year which caused him to miss a lot of time in his junior season after missing half of his sophomore year on suspension. Hopefully he doesn't have a concussion.