Brian Rolston Announces His Retirement

TheMazz

I'm sorry but are you all celebrating winky who was abysmal in his return and was the same player who told Parise he'd be stunned at the difference in fan intensity in Minnesota compared to sh!tty jersey?

He should've retired years ago before polluting our team for a second time

Edited by devlman

Liked him till he told Zach he made a great choice signing with Minny as the crowds there are great every night and it was Brians favorite place to play during his career.

I'm sorry but are you all celebrating winky who was abysmal in his return and was the same player who told Parise he'd be stunned at the difference in fan intensity in Minnesota compared to sh!tty jersey?

He should've retired years ago before polluting our team for a second time

Ah, I see the butthurt is still strong here...

Same could easily be said for Rolston making those comments.. Took the big money to come to NJ and did not live up to the money he felt he deserved.. Then he goes and publicly bashes the fans here? Very weak and unprofessional imo.. Besides, it was easy for the Minny fans to get excited about him because he produced well for them.. All we got was some old overpaid dude with "a good attitude in the locker room".. Lovely

Most of your comments have to do with someone being butthurt (no matter how legitimate the gripe). You like that word huh? Anytime anyone has a memory that's more than two years old or remember something they didnt like, they are considered 'butthurt' lol. Welcome back to the sixth grade I guess lol Edited by devlman

What did Brian say that was so bad and when did he bash the fans? Some of you take this sh!t way too seriously. No one..no one hated Rolston's second tenure here more than me, and I didn't agree with his thoughts about how he should be used, but he was a classy guy and had a few good years on this team before. Not playing well or living up a stupid contract is never going to make me hate a former athlete.

Rowdy is right in my opinion and Brian telling Zach that Minnesota was his favourite place to play is not sh!tting on the Devils or their fans. He was on a team where he had the most responsibility and the most personal success of his career in front of at the time...the best fans in the league. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Edited by devilsrule33

What did Brian say that was so bad and when did he bash the fans? Some of you take this sh!t way too seriously. No one..no one hated Rolston's second tenure here more than me, and I didn't agree with his thoughts about how he should be used, but he was a classy guy and had a few good years on this team before. Not playing well or loving up a stupid contract is never going to make me hate a former athlete.

Rowdy is right in my opinion and Brian telling Zach that Minnesota was his favourite place to play is not sh!tting on the Devils or their fans. He was on a team where he had the most responsibility and the most personal success of his career in front of at the time...the best fans in the league. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Agreed. I don't know if all fanbases are like this, but ours seems to take a lot of things far too personally. 

Agreed. I don't know if all fanbases are like this, but ours seems to take a lot of things far too personally. 

No one is taking anything personally just because Rolston's comment was brought up in a Rolston thread. I dont remember the quote exactly but it came off as, not just praising Minnesota's fanbase, but taking a shot at ours. Relevant to the thread and people's opinion of him.  

Same could easily be said for Rolston making those comments.. Took the big money to come to NJ and did not live up to the money he felt he deserved.. Then he goes and publicly bashes the fans here? Very weak and unprofessional imo.. Besides, it was easy for the Minny fans to get excited about him because he produced well for them.. All we got was some old overpaid dude with "a good attitude in the locker room".. Lovely

Well it was more of a benign bash since he was pumping up the Minnesota fanbase by saying you won't believe the support here.  Funny thing is that fan support hasn't always been there this season now that the expectations have been jacked up (booing poor Harding the next to last game of the season being one example).

"It was my best years in the league," Rolston said. "I loved playing for Jacques [Lemaire]. He was the best coach of my career. And to play in front of those fans, they were incredible.

"I was just texting with [former New Jersey teammate] Zach [Parise]. He will so love playing there, just the energy in the building compared to what he's used to."

"It was my best years in the league," Rolston said. "I loved playing for Jacques [Lemaire]. He was the best coach of my career. And to play in front of those fans, they were incredible.

"I was just texting with [former New Jersey teammate] Zach [Parise]. He will so love playing there, just the energy in the building compared to what he's used to."

If he left out the last 6 words in the second line there, no one would have cared, but going there was too far.

First off, that is an unprofessional thing to say.

Secondly, NJ has a chip on it's shoulder for all the reasons we know, no media just for us, we always get NY sh!t, 1 pro sports team, everyone sh!ts on NJ saying it smells bad, this that, the other. They love to make fun of the idiots that have reality TV shows based in the state, it's not like we're the only people who feel NJ doesn't get a fair shake.

If he left out the last 6 words in the second line there, no one would have cared, but going there was too far.

First off, that is an unprofessional thing to say.

Secondly, NJ has a chip on it's shoulder for all the reasons we know, no media just for us, we always get NY sh!t, 1 pro sports team, everyone sh!ts on NJ saying it smells bad, this that, the other. They love to make fun of the idiots that have reality TV shows based in the state, it's not like we're the only people who feel NJ doesn't get a fair shake.

And this is the exact reason why I hate ranger fans who live in NJ. Have they no pride?

And this is the exact reason why I hate ranger fans who live in NJ. Have they no pride?

Exactly. NJ has it's warts, but it's my state and I love it dammit. Where else can you get ocean/beach, mountains, cities, rural farms, lakes and even some superfund sites. What other state gives you those things, all within driving distance of any point in the state?