NFL Week 8

CRASHER

I would just want them to play keepaway with the puck and keep punks like Avery away from Marty and Zach :P

The thing I don't get is people who think just because the Patriots go 19-0 this year and outscore opponents by 30 a game that it somehow glosses over the fact that they did cross the line in prior years and it did have an effect on their other championships. How much of an effect is debateable but if it didn't help then why would they even bother to do it?

Hell they were doing it this year too and god knows they haven't exactly needed it this season with the talent they've assembled...although for all we know they could still be doing it only in more subtle ways. Just like a juicer on 'roids, just because he comes up clean doesn't mean he's still not doing stuff that can't be tested for.

But what exactly does throwing the ball with Brady on fourth down when the score is 38-0 accomplish exactly? Or 45-0? It's not even a good barometer for those that want to use the practice excuse, there's no way the Redskins expected them to be throwing the ball in those situations. And they also rolled up the score on the Jets even before Spygate came out in Week 1, but he was just doing that to be a p-ick to one team in particular.

BTW if Peyton Manning was on the field late in a 38-0 game and he got hurt and was out for the season wouldn't Tony Dungy get ripped from here to kingdom com? And rightly so. Why should Belicheat's ego be immune from criticism for putting his first-stringers in unneccesary situations?

excellent post and I agree wholeheartedly, this is exactly what I've been trying to express...it's uncalled for and if kharma comes back to bite them in the @$$ then it'll be what they deserve...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent post and I agree wholeheartedly, this is exactly what I've been trying to express...it's uncalled for and if kharma comes back to bite them in the @$$ then it'll be what they deserve...

Um... Brady got out of the game with no injury... the Pats dont play the Skins anymore.... sooooo how is this kharma gonna come back and bit them in the ass unless someone falls to true busch league play and just takes a run at Brady?

If someone takes a run at Brady and injures him, that player is going to be banished from the league.... this league needs its star players to be the star players. But I'm sure that if he gets paralyzed from the neck down UDX will be dancing in the streets...

Eh if karma was really going to bite the Patriots in the rear end the Jets would be the team with three SB's going on four and Belis-it would be unemployed :P

BTW I killed Rutgers for pulling the same crap too (calling timeouts to get the ball back against Norfolk State with a 45-0 lead already) and they're one of my teams per se. Everyone and their grandmother knows at what point a 'contest' is truly over.

:rolleyes: ok, I'm not condoning nor do I want anyone to get injured, I'm just saying what goes around comes around and if they are playing their starters into the 4th qtr with a 4 TD lead and a player gets over aggressive it could easily turn into something that it shouldn't....there have been many a time when players have gotten injured for being overly aggressive because they were pissed and it ended up badly.....and really...banned from the league? really? that's a bit overstated...

and I don't dance.... :)

New England is probably the best team I have ever seen play (includes the Dolphins, Steelers, Cowboy, Redskin era's).

If teams want to whine about them running up the score then they should just STOP THEM. Belichek has this team focused with an us against the league mentality.

New England is probably the best team I have ever seen play (includes the Dolphins, Steelers, Cowboy, Redskin era's).

If teams want to whine about them running up the score then they should just STOP THEM. Belichek has this team focused with an us against the league mentality.

So..Your saying that, this Pats team would beat the 70's Steelers or the 80's 49niners?

I know its three different generations..But , calling them the best team that you have seen,, I think its too premature... We should see them play in the Playoffs, and wait.

I can't agree there... there are so MANY bad teams in the NFL now (Jets, Dolphins, Rams, 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, Eagles, Atlanta, Carolina, Minnesota, Chicago. and more)... that it makes a good team look legendary!!!

I don't think this Pats team could have beaten that 95 Cowboys team, or any of the Vintage 49er, Steeler teams... hell even the Terrell Davis Broncos team would have given them FITS

And well.. what's the best way to stop them... take out that QB who has no business being in the game up 35-3 in the 4th quarter! You give what you get!

I can't agree there... there are so MANY bad teams in the NFL now (Jets, Dolphins, Rams, 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, Eagles, Atlanta, Carolina, Minnesota, Chicago. and more)... that it makes a good team look legendary!!!

I don't think this Pats team could have beaten that 95 Cowboys team, or any of the Vintage 49er, Steeler teams... hell even the Terrell Davis Broncos team would have given them FITS

And well.. what's the best way to stop them... take out that QB who has no business being in the game up 35-3 in the 4th quarter! You give what you get!

So your saying there no bad teams (Tampa Bay, Seattle, Atlanta, St. Louis, Philadelphia, New Orleans, etc.) during those other era runs? There were probably less qualtiy teams back then.

The only team possible to beat today's Pats were the 1985 Bears and MAYBE the Steelers. New England would have crushed the Montana lead 49ers, and Broncos.

Edited by njdevils783

I guess not mentioning the Steel Curtain teams and the Montana finesse teams counts too... I picked the 95 Cowboys because I thought it was the best of the five Super Bowl team... oh well ??

the old school Packer teams with a superior coach and staff would stomp the Pats too

I'm not saying the pats aren't a good team... but they're not all time legendary either...

there's not enough top level teams at present to compare them with and in all my years of football I can't remember a time there were so many HIDEOUS teams at the bottom (think about this.. there are two teams this year that can legit go 0-16

I guess not mentioning the Steel Curtain teams and the Montana finesse teams counts too... I picked the 95 Cowboys because I thought it was the best of the five Super Bowl team... oh well ??

the old school Packer teams with a superior coach and staff would stomp the Pats too

I'm not saying the pats aren't a good team... but they're not all time legendary either...

there's not enough top level teams at present to compare them with and in all my years of football I can't remember a time there were so many HIDEOUS teams at the bottom (think about this.. there are two teams this year that can legit go 0-16

If our line is healthy (finally) Boller doesn't get touched.

I wouldn't take too soon... :whistling:

I think Pitts D and Baltimore D are somehow, both good's one.

I still give the edge for Baltimore D on Pitts D(A small one..) Though, I'd want the Pitts O over Balti O anyday.

Is Odgen gonna play? :o