WOW! The board looks different!

So, Are my "settings" all f'd up, or has the board format switched?

Sorry if this is a repeat question or thread or something, but I could barely figure out where to click to ask this question.

My Superior puter skillz prevailed though! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, how do I make it look like the old way again??? :lol:

PPS I tried using the "todays active topics" and got this error :

[#10145] Search is not enabled on the forums at this time.

Nor can I view mine or anyone elsea profile.

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

I'm banned aren't I? Is this what it is like??? :P

Edited by Masked Fan

Yo, DM, you gotta change the ban settings so that banned people can't post. :lol:

Anyway, methinks some people missed the big ol' pinned thread in Hell. :P

Last night DM upgraded the board. The company that wrote the board software issued a major upgrade (we're talking whole version number here, 2.3.6 to 3.0) a few weeks ago, so a lot of stuff is different (that is, new and hopefully improved).

The default skin (the files that make up the "look" of the board) is of the same style as before (unless you were using the really old reddish-pinkish skin), just retooled by the skin maker to be compatible with the new version of the board. (Hint: If you're seeing a mostly-blue skin -- derided by some as being Rangers-like -- look way down at the bottom of the page for a set of two dropdown boxes, one should say "IP.Board" and the other should say "English (USA)". Change "IP.Board" to "NJDevs_Original".)

There's a few things that are disabled right now (searches, profiles, etc.) because the site is so darn popular. :lol: The server has been getting increasingly stressed lately, and the upgrade hasn't helped matters.

In short, there is no "going back to the way it was". Welcome to the new NJDevs.com.

Yo, DM, you gotta change the ban settings so that banned people can't post. :lol:

Anyway, methinks some people missed the big ol' pinned thread in Hell. :P

In short, there is no "going back to the way it was". Welcome to the new NJDevs.com.

Saw it, just had issues getting it to load. Problem on my end, I think, because now everything in Hell loads okay.

I'm not sure I like this new look. Is there a way to move the boxes around on the main page so they look a little...cleaner? My profile info, for example, rests over the site banner, and while I like the "new topics" and "status updates", I'd rather seem them below the list of topics and such rather than to the right.

DM - AS soon as I figure out how to attach one of my smileys on here, I've got one for ya. (_*_)

(Hint: If you're seeing a mostly-blue skin -- derided by some as being Rangers-like -- look way down at the bottom of the page for a set of two dropdown boxes, one should say "IP.Board" and the other should say "English (USA)". Change "IP.Board" to "NJDevs_Original".)

Mine has a Light bluish gray skin and is already set to NJDevs_Original :(

OK, Guess the off season is the ONLY good time to figure out a NEW board. Change. ugh!

• Like 1

Last one....you can close the "lastest posts" (or whatever it is) and the "watched topics" by clicking the little red arrow to the right of these boxes.

Is there a way to make the text smaller (or the boxes smaller) other than just ctrl-+. This just ends up making the "sub" text REALLY tiny. It just all looks very "big" for me right now.....lotta scrolling. This is especially bad when I click the new "see new posts" link next to the RSS thingy. That page has unnecessarily enormous text.

Edited by ThreeStars
  • Like 1

Any word on when the board will get back to normal? ie using the "todays active posts" or viewing a profile?

This is th3 suk!

Masked, we need a new server before we can enable search. I am researching our options, I don't want to make an expensive mistake. Unfortunately my life has been spiraling into craziness over the last two weeks and it is getting harder to focus on the forums.

Hasan, the new skin is a fixed width coding. Which means it doesn't re size with the window like the old one did. I will ask the coder if they can have it wrap like the old one.