GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Boston Bruins

NJCroMag

I don't know, I think Boston deserved this one more than the Devils. They really turned it up in the 3rd.

Can't complain about 8 out of 10 points, especially since it's becoming obvious this team has some problems.

Yeah but that goal at the end bothered me. I just feel like the devils still have the issue of killing the lead real late in a game. Idk I might just be imagining it but it def feels that way.

Overall though glad we got a point out of this. Would just like to stay ahead of the rags and with their win tonight they are now within two points

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, I think Boston deserved this one more than the Devils. They really turned it up in the 3rd.

Can't complain about 8 out of 10 points, especially since it's becoming obvious this team has some problems.

No doubt about that. They are a whole three forwards short of solid team. Henrique will be one. We need two more.

Pretty shaky 3rd for Moose. Soft tying goal and soft SO winner.

Are you fvcking kidding me with this sh!t?! Yeah, Hedberg was just awful tonight. Un-fvcking-believable.

At this point, it's clear our defense and goaltending is solid, I can't understand why they wouldn't give Butler a shot, even if it's just in the bottom 6. He's gotta be a better offensive weapon than what we have and it's not like he's struggling in the AHL. Even with Butler, Darche, and Henrique I still think they'd need to get someone though. As one of the lowest scoring teams in the East we could use all the help we could get.

All in all, it's nice to get another point, they played well tonight against probably the best team in the east and battled hard. I'm starting to worry that Josefson has stone hands though, he couldn't score in a whore house.

The lack of scoring is a little unnerving. Heaven forbid Clarkson's luck ever runs out. Kovy is going to be feeling pressure soon, as everyone will be looking him to make things happen.

Pretty shaky 3rd for Moose. Soft tying goal and soft SO winner.

Lol what? Since when is there such thing as a soft SO goal? It's a 1-on-1 player vs. goalie, the player is going to score sometimes. Doesn't matter how. The shot just found a hole, nothing soft about it. Moose was fantastic this game, can't believe anybody would point to him having anything to do with this loss.

Hedberg had a really good night overall, but the regulation goal and the shootout winner weren't great goals.

I can't expect Hedberg to do much better than he did. How many chances was he supposed to give his shooters to win the SO?

Well of all the things to take away, I'm just about ready to eat my words on the power play, it's definitely still a work in progress but on that second chance the unit really clicked. Good puck movement, good passing. Maybe a little too much good passing...shoot the damn puck fellas!

The lack of scoring is a little unnerving. Heaven forbid Clarkson's luck ever runs out. Kovy is going to be feeling pressure soon, as everyone will be looking him to make things happen.

It's clear Lou needs to make a move. Its a matter of when, not if. I just hope its sooner rather than later.

I can't expect Hedberg to do much better than he did. How many chances was he supposed to give his shooters to win the SO?

I don't know about how many, but I'd like the puck that pretty squarely hits his stick not to knock his stick through his legs and then let the puck follow. That bad goal doesn't mean he had a bad night, but it doesn't make it a good goal to have given up.

It's clear Lou needs to make a move. Its a matter of when, not if. I just hope its sooner rather than later.

Gotta at least see what happens when Henrique comes back first. Might as well give Butler a shot too.

I don't know about how many, but I'd like the puck that pretty squarely hits his stick not to knock his stick through his legs and then let the puck follow. That bad goal doesn't mean he had a bad night, but it doesn't make it a good goal to have given up.

Like I said, I can't ask Hedberg to do much more than he did. Apparently he was supposed to have been perfect tonight.

One of their crap-hole fans shows disrespect for the game by throwing sh!t at our goaltender during the shootout attempt, and they get all pissed off at our players for lobbying for a re-do???!! I cannot believe that! What jerks! That makes me upset.

The Bruins missed a lot of opportunities to score also. We could have lost this one straight up. It was a good point tonight.

Gotta at least see what happens when Henrique comes back first. Might as well give Butler a shot too.

. I want to see Larsson in there too. A move frees up space to give him a regular spot. I trust Lou and DeBoer, so I'm not gonna sit there and bitch about it, but it would be nice to see him on the ice and out of the press box.

With our current lineup, Hedberg could have made fifteen saves and still not won the shootout. The options are really pathetic beyond Clarkson.

And getting on Hedberg for 'one' goal allowed in Boston is like Kyydax-Marty type grading :P

Like I said, I can't ask Hedberg to do much more than he did. Apparently he was supposed to have been perfect tonight.

So saying he had a very good night is underselling him? Pointing out that 2 pucks that got by him weren't the greatest goals ever is unfair because he made some other good saves during the night? If the difference between perfect and very good was making that 1 save in the third period, then yes he should have been perfect instead of very good because that goal was not great.

Probably been said a few times, but shootouts aren't so fun anymore when you don't have one of the best shootout players the NHL has seen. Only part of the game I caught, so the only thing I can really comment on.

If you look at the last season and change then the Devils have the very best shootout player, I think.

Probably been said a few times, but shootouts aren't so fun anymore when you don't have one of the best shootout players the NHL has seen. Only part of the game I caught, so the only thing I can really comment on.

Zach wasn't even Zach in the last two thirds of the season in the shootout. They also don't have Henrique, who's the only other Devil who took even one shot in the shootout last year aside from the first four guys that got picked. Hell, even Sykora probably would have been the fifth guy up tonight if he was here.

And getting on Hedberg for 'one' goal allowed in Boston is like Kyydax-Marty type grading :P

731 and some others feel differently, what are you going to do? I'm done arguing that point.