GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Boston Bruins

NJCroMag

And wow just seeing that Rask takedown on Zajac, something should have been called on that. I don't know if that's even in the rulebook but it should be an automatic goal if you take down the shooter without getting a piece of the puck. He didn't even come close to getting puck there.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably been said a few times, but shootouts aren't so fun anymore when you don't have one of the best shootout players the NHL has seen. Only part of the game I caught, so the only thing I can really comment on.

One shootout loss, not going to declare the Devils' days of dominating the shootout over just yet. But yeah, losing a guy who around 50% in shootouts in Zach hurts. That 1-2 punch of Kovy and Zach last season was absurd.

I don't think we should start panicking, the devils played a pretty solid game tonight. Had a lot of chances. Kovy is playing good, putting up shots, making nice plays on the PP and scoring once again in the SO. I don't think the problem is our players, the problem is that we don't score on our golden opportunities (carter , JJ in this game etc.) We just have to score on those opportunities and we'll be fine. The D and Moose looked great, it's only the offence that needs to score when they get the chance.

Edited by Devs3cups

Devils just got serious praise on NHL Live for being a very good, underestimated team.. Totally agree with them that it's pretty cool we didn't have to change our system even after Zach left

I gave it some thought today, and I know I might get crucified for saying it, but here goes.

Everyone was so eager to replace Zach this year through FA or trade, but really, at this point in the young season, we already have. His name is David Clarkson. Give this man some love everybody, he's leading us in goal scoring, and proved last post season he has the grit to score big, game winning goals. Look at his goals this year. All represent his style of play, but they've also been Parise-esque goals, getting in on net and jamming it home. As for Parise's attitude and hardwork, they were already in place due to great ownership and coaching.

We have a really good team, and it still isn't fully developed (I.e Henrique, Matteau situation, Larrson etc.) and we hardly sacrifice anything in net. A 1a, 1b situation. So in short, fvck Zach, we're the Devils..Arggggghh

Are you fvcking kidding me with this sh!t?! Yeah, Hedberg was just awful tonight. Un-fvcking-believable.

You and I were obviously watching different games because Moose was one of the reasons we were competitive in this game. It clearly wasn't our "outstanding offense".

Tallinder has proven that he is the odd man out. He was the main reason why Boston scored in the 3rd and made a lot of sloppy plays during the game. You mean to tell me that Tallinder is more of an asset to this New Jersey Devils team then the more aggressive Volchenkov? Please.

Package Tallinder and Tedenby with a pick for Setoguchi or Hemsky. Someone. Anyone.

Zach wasn't even Zach in the last two thirds of the season in the shootout. They also don't have Henrique, who's the only other Devil who took even one shot in the shootout last year aside from the first four guys that got picked. Hell, even Sykora probably would have been the fifth guy up tonight if he was here.

Parise helped us win many many many shootouts since he came in the league. He had a tiny rough patch last year, but that's alright. He's been a guy that could shoot 45-55% a year and for a team that got themselves in a lot of shootouts, that was big.

And Kovalchuk has been money since last year after being dreadful before that. But you couldn't beat a 1-2 punch like that on top of having Marty in net.

That was one of the best defensive games I have ever seen Kovy play..although he was terrible in the offensive zone and ended with a minus one. But he was amazing on the PK and he was strong in our own zone. Good to see.

I think the thing killing him in the offensive zone is having to play 30 minutes a night coupled with having no real high-caliber or consistant left winger. It's like the top line is constantly playing a man short because the guys who've been used up there can't hang with Kovy and Zajac offensively.

You and I were obviously watching different games because Moose was one of the reasons we were competitive in this game. It clearly wasn't our "outstanding offense".

Tallinder has proven that he is the odd man out. He was the main reason why Boston scored in the 3rd and made a lot of sloppy plays during the game. You mean to tell me that Tallinder is more of an asset to this New Jersey Devils team then the more aggressive Volchenkov? Please.

Package Tallinder and Tedenby with a pick for Setoguchi or Hemsky. Someone. Anyone.

What? Or is was the bad change resulting in a 3 on 2....I would keep Tallinder over volchenkov all day

I think the thing killing him in the offensive zone is having to play 30 minutes a night coupled with having no real high-caliber or consistant left winger. It's like the top line is constantly playing a man short because the guys who've been used up there can't hang with Kovy and Zajac offensively.

Exactly hopefully henrique come back soon and we will have a decent top 6...

Kovy zajac zuby

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Bad loss to a team that was playing back to back games.

Another 3rd period lead blown to Boston and we left an important point on the ice because we don't have enough forwards to compete in a shoot out. Needless to say I miss Parise. Henrique needs to hurry back.

Pretty lame overall but better than a loss in regulation.

Not good that that was their 3rd OT game in a row either.

Three more tough games coming up too. Islanders are for real & obviously so is Pittsburgh.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Bad loss to a team that was playing back to back games.

Another 3rd period lead blown to Boston and we left an important point on the ice because we don't have enough forwards to compete in a shoot out. Needless to say I miss Parise. Henrique needs to hurry back.

Pretty lame overall but better than a loss in regulation.

Not good that that was their 3rd OT game in a row either.

Three more tough games coming up too. Islanders are for real & obviously so is Pittsburgh.

We are leading the Atlantic and you sound like you are panicking. I don't get this logic. Especially since the Devils almost handed the best team in the Eastern Conference their first loss. With our backup goalie in net no less! And everyone wants to say Moose was bad and we played horribly? Get out of here with this nonsense. We ended the Bruins powerplay streak tonight. We played good tonight. Stop grasping for straws. We are getting points AND winning games with a subpar offense. Henrique will be back soon - this will help our offense. A trade will happen most likely sooner then later and one of Volchenkov or Tallinder will be traded in a package for a scoring top 6 forward - That will help our offense.

No need to panic.

Edited by TheMazz

We are leading the Atlantic and you sound like you are panicking. I don't get this logic. Especially since the Devils almost handed the best team in the Eastern Conference their first loss. With our backup goalie in net no less! And everyone wants to say Moose was bad and we played horribly? Get out of here with this nonsense. We ended the Bruins powerplay streak tonight. We played good tonight. Stop grasping for straws. We are getting points AND winning games with a subpar offense. Henrique will be back soon - this will help our offense. A trade will happen most likely sooner then later and one of Volchenkov or Tallinder will be traded in a package for a scoring top 6 forward - That will help our offense.

No need to panic.

Boston lost to NYR earlier this season so they've already lost a game.

A point off this team of oversized gargantuas is a good pickup. The 3 straight OTs is disconcerting. But for a team that is kind of partly firing on all cylinders I think we're not bad.

Boston lost to NYR earlier this season so they've already lost a game. A point off this team of oversized gargantuas is a good pickup. The 3 straight OTs is disconcerting. But for a team that is kind of partly firing on all cylinders I think we're not bad.

They almost won had the game won if they could have held on for five more minutes. That's what I was talking about. However, the Devils have always been known for letting teams score on them with minutes remaining.

I just think we are doing better then most fans and "experts" expected us to do. You'd think with the amount of negativity on here that this team was performing like the Panthers.

Edited by TheMazz