PoniKoravski traded back to Devils. Zubrus to miss 2-8 Weeks

thelastonealive

Agreed Barch has to play against Philly, and he's the best enforcer we've had since Rupp, but if we want to roll 4 good lines, he can't play against most teams. You play somebody like the Flyers, you get some free shifts against their goons, so if you have to play one guy who can't skate or score as well as the rest, you suck it up.

On topic with barch, he's probably been one of the best "goons" we have had in a while, seeing as he can actually play some. But in my opinion this teams needs to pick up at least one more good forward (second liner) to move him out if the lineup. CBGB has to be the 4th. We need a line better than them if we wanna come close to a cup again. So nothing against barch, like what he's done so far as "the goon" but as far as building a championship team he will need to go eventually.

On topic with barch, he's probably been one of the best "goons" we have had in a while, seeing as he can actually play some. But in my opinion this teams needs to pick up at least one more good forward (second liner) to move him out if the lineup. CBGB has to be the 4th. We need a line better than them if we wanna come close to a cup again. So nothing against barch, like what he's done so far as "the goon" but as far as building a championship team he will need to go eventually.

Maybe a Zubrus Josefson Butler 3rd line when Zubs comes back?

Maybe a Zubrus Josefson Butler 3rd line when Zubs comes back?

I would think that's the idea, either that or just until Zubs works his way back into the top 6 and we stick Poni back on the 3rd line there.

With the Poni acquisition and Loktionov, I think we won't see much until closer to the deadline. Unless we move Tallinder+pick+prospect, we're not getting a 2nd line player and I think Lou knows he can wait out the other GMs right now since we're not playing badly, we are 1st in the conference, right? This is a great position to be in and I really hope we can get something out of it, as we have the ability to wait for other teams to have injuries and become desperate, allowing the price of any player to rise, even a out of favor vet d-man in Tallinder, who despite not looking that great this season, is a better defenseman imo than Volchenkov.

Poni/Zajac/Kovalchuk

Elias/Henrique/Clarkson

Butler/Zubrus/Matteau

Bernier/Gionta/Carter

Feels like a really strong lineup to me. Maybe replacing Matteau with Josefson or Loktionov if he impresses in Albany, but I feel really good about this lineup once Zubrus is back, especially if Butler can start really flashing that speed and skill he showed in Ottawa on a more regular basis.

I'm hoping that a trade happens down the road for that second liner forward. Maybe if its a defensemen and JJ that goes the lineup could be

? = the 2nd liner if we make a trade

?/poni-Zajac-kovy

Elias-henrique-clarkson

?/poni-loktionov-zubrus

Cbgb

If they could somehow get that third line to have both poni and zubrus on it that would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...