GDT: Preseason Game 1: Rags @ Devs

Coorslight

The Devils have to dress 8 veteran players for this game, here is who constitutes a veteran according to the CBA:

D: Zidlicky, Larsson, Greene, Harrold, Salvador, Volchenkov, Fayne

F: Zubrus, Tedenby, Gionta, Henrique, Ryder, Bernier, Zajac, Carter, Barch, Olesz, Elias, Clowe, Pelley, Janssen, Jagr

G: Schneider, Brodeur

Is that a rule? I've never heard about needing to have a certain amount of veterans in a pre-season lineup. What qualifies them as veterans? Gionta, and Tedenby can't have over 82 games no?

Is that a rule? I've never heard about needing to have a certain amount of veterans in a pre-season lineup. What qualifies them as veterans? Gionta, and Tedenby can't have over 82 games no?

New rule in this CBA.

Rule for forwards and D:  either 30+ games played the previous season or 100+ games career.  Tedenby has just over 100 games, Loktionov and Josefson are just short of that mark.

Goalie veterans have either 50 career games or 30+ games the previous season.

All 1st round picks from the most recent draft also count as veterans.

Edited by Triumph

Call me overly optimistic, but I think tonight's game is Devils' game to lose. I think the confusion in the sudden (and drastic) change of systems (only 4 days ago) in New York should lead to a bad on-ice product tonight. That's not taking into account rosters or what either team will look like come December or January or March, it's just the simple fact that there's no way they're playing Alain Vigneault-coordinated hockey quite yet; I'm expecting a lot of bad positioning and lapses on defense that hopefully our team can capitalize on. I'm sure we'll see Girardi doing snow angels on the ice trying to block shots, while whichever kid is his linemate is going to be doing what Vigneault told him to do the day before; it's gonna be sloppy, and hopefully we can take advantage.

We'll see! LGD!!!

Edited by DJ Eco

You need a good plastic flask to sneak in that bootleg water

I tried to sneak in a plastic water bottle down my pants but the metal detector actually picked it up. They then found it and made me surrender it.

But why must they give a sh!t about it and not others like Yankee stadium and red bull arena. Hell those places encourage you to bring your own water