NJ Devs Fantasy Football Smack Talk 2014

RSC

What happened to all the quality RB's????

They're either on my team or getting their father of the year trophy revoked :P

In all seriousness though, for all the hype about WR being the new RB you have the same **** there...a handful of studs followed by a mess of mediocrity. Even some of the studs there have been hurt/disappointing (Marshall, Julio, Megatron, AJ). And if you picked one of the WR's in the 10-30 range, forget about it unless you got lucky with Maclin/Hilton

Edited by NJDevs4978

They're either on my team or getting their father of the year trophy revoked :P

In all seriousness though, for all the hype about WR being the new RB you have the same **** there...a handful of studs followed by a mess of mediocrity. Even some of the studs there have been hurt/disappointing (Marshall, Julio, Megatron, AJ). And if you picked one of the WR's in the 10-30 range, forget about it unless you got lucky with Maclin/Hilton

I dunno...  mediocrity is a bit rough.  I still feel there is so much depth on WR; and it's definitely easy to fill in for WR holes than RB. 

QBs don't typically bust... RBs and WRs do all the damn time.   Next year I'm drafting 6.  ha    jk

The PPG averages of RB's 11-25 and WR's 11-25 are pretty much in the same range (high 12 PPG to low 9 PPG).  Gore's the 25th highest scoring RB at 66.9 total points, Torrey Smith's the 25th highest scoring WR with 67.1 points.  Yes it's easier to find a functional WR on the wire that'll give you 5-6 points in a pinch but it's not like the depth there is really any better than at RB in terms of top guys.

It's not like the top ten in receiver points are a who's who of guys you'd expect to be top ten either.  Maclin, Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders, Golden Tate and Mohamed Sanu were all drafted outside the first four rounds and all are in the top ten of WR scoring.  That's the same (justifiable) rap the RB position gets, you never know who bubbles up.  Actually at RB the only guys drafted in later rounds/undrafted there in the top ten of scoring are Bradshaw and Justin Forsett.  I'd have to look up where Lamar Miller was drafted but he's in the top ten too.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Agreed.   So outside of changing trades to no wait, commish approved style...   I'd really want to push for actual waivers next year and lock up everyone after the game starts like a regular league does.    

Yeah I agree with you on the waivers- I like having some semblance of strategy behind waivers rather than whoever gets to his computer first gets the player du jour

I was more pro-waivers a few years back when your only recourse for getting a player was getting to your computer.  With mobile apps it's much easier now for anyone to do a quick transaction.  And part of me likes the variety of first come first serve since basically every other fantasy league out there goes by waivers.

That said if you could somehow make waivers last for only like 24 hours after they play their game I'd be more amenable to it.  I always thought it was silly to have a Sunday-Wednesday waiting period like ESPN does. 

I was more pro-waivers a few years back when your only recourse for getting a player was getting to your computer. With mobile apps it's much easier now for anyone to do a quick transaction. And part of me likes the variety of first come first serve since basically every other fantasy league out there goes by waivers.

That said if you could somehow make waivers last for only like 24 hours after they play their game I'd be more amenable to it. I always thought it was silly to have a Sunday-Wednesday waiting period like ESPN does.

Agreed, it should only be a day. However, it really shouldn't be a free for all to get the backup after an injury, etc. Plus, if you actually had to use your waiver priority, you may have to think more... which is always a plus

C'mon man... some 2nd rate running back goes for 15??

I'm glad I audibled last minute and put him in over Run DMC...   although that TD/fumble scared me.  ha

Hey I wasn't the moron who traded with him :P

and that one came from FA....  Mathews was the one I traded for--- hopefully he gets on the field next week.

I love you, Aaron Rodgers. Thanks, ayl!

It's good to put him to use. It would have been wasted on my bench.

Can't wait to hopefully get Mathews and Johnson in my lineup and some td passes to Thomas next week.

Glad to see Tate still put up yards with Megatron's return. I still worry that RBBC will eat up Ingram's value when PT and Robinson come back. I'd still roll with him, but a worry nevertheless

The irony is you could have just drafted him yourself in the first place instead of Marshall lol

It'd be hilarious if you two met in the playoffs :P

Well I thought Foles would be a top 10 QB this year and that the Bears offense wouldn't implode :P

Holy hell, six TDs. Gotta assume He'll be on the bench for the second half, but no complaints here. Hopefully Marshall can get some yardage and a TD or two in garbage time

Edited by RSC

Well I thought Foles would be a top 10 QB this year and that the Bears offense wouldn't implode :P

Holy hell, six TDs. Gotta assume He'll be on the bench for the second half, but no complaints here. Hopefully Marshall can get some yardage and a TD or two in garbage time

I'm an Eagles fan and even I thought that was a foolish assumption.

I was just looking at draft picks, I forgot you had already kept Foles beforehand :lol:

Realistically you had your game won the minute Andy Dalton stepped on the field Thursday anyway lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm bummed I didn't get Hasan next week...

This past week, and next week against red...  will be hell.

You would have beaten me (barely) this week with Benjamin's garbagetime TD lol...my 'first/second string mix' still put up a pretty good week with 120+ though.

You should still make the playoffs, but probably won't get the second bye at this point.