Retro Night?

DevsMan84

Have the Devils officially announced they are having Retro Night this year?  I know myself and a lot of others are assuming it is the March 16th game, but has there been any official announcement or references to it from the Devils?  I might have missed it if there was one.

I asked the same question yesterday in the 2013 Devils Schedule thread. No one seemed to be able to verify it. Now I'm thinking hardly anyone here read my post. I guess I should've started a new thread for it.

(Not that I was going to go to the game anyway -- I'm still boycotting)

Edited by 95Crash

TG doesnt even know. I cant see why they wouldnt wear them.

Earlier in the year, TG posted something about March 16 being retro night, but the team never confirmed it. It doesn't make sense. If they WERE going to wear the retro red and green on Saturday, shouldn't they be marketing the crap out of that by now? What are they waiting for?

Earlier in the year, TG posted something about March 16 being retro night, but the team never confirmed it. It doesn't make sense. If they WERE going to wear the retro red and green on Saturday, shouldn't they be marketing the crap out of that by now? What are they waiting for?

If I remember right, the Devils didn't really promote Retro Night last year until only about a week before the actual game.  This year I have not even heard a peep about it and we are about 5 days away from it.

Wow, I just assumed it was going to be on Sat vs MTL.  It doesn't make sense that they would just stop this short tradition they've started.  I plan on wearing my red and green regardless and I'd suspect a lot of fans will too.  Whether the players actually do or not is a great question.

I don't know why they're keeping this secret, either say it is or it isn't.  Do they think they're going to surprise anyone?  Everyone knows this would be Retro Night although maybe they're scared the building will be half-filled with Habs fans like it usually is on a weekend.

Looks like nordiques nation will be invading Saturday ......

Thats fine, I assume they will root against Montreal and they will be spread out throughout the arena. We have enough season ticket holders throughout the top two levels so there wont be pockets of blue.

I guess that guarantees another "sellout" on Saturday.  With the reno's at MSG decreasing their capacity, this might be the first season our average attendance is greater than the Rags .

I think it is more the Devils have finally started calculating their attendance numbers the same way the Rags have been doing for years with phantom sellouts.  The game on Sunday was announced as a sellout but there were more than enough empty seats to account for people just not showing up.

It really isn't even a matter of seats. The fans embraced the retronight/St Pattys combo with open arms and the tradition should have continued. I was there last year and it was rocking..until of course the reality of the scoreboard kicked in and marty changed his mask.

I might be wrong but haven't they lost every retro game except for the first one? Maybe Lou thinks of it as a distraction for the team.

Well they are 1-2 with them so I wouldn't think that is something to be alarmed about.

Honestly I just think its the devils being the devils with this. First not equipment sale last year and now this. As long as there are no mass complaints they will continue to do this to the fans.