Opening Night White

DaneykoIsGod

it'll also appeal to those who STILL think we should wear white at home :rolleyes:

I still think we should wear white at home for the simple reason that ever since we've switched to reds at home every game at home has been red vs white. I think the home crowd should get to see a different color for the visitor rather than the same color scheme every home game.

However, given that they are wearing red jerseys at home I think an all red crowd would make more sense.

DaneykoIsGod please put a thumbnail or tag your picture. It is fabulous and I may sneak it as wallpaper. Now, it just scrolls off the edge of the window and makes the posts difficult to read. Maybe our resident tech Rowdy can help here. Thnx a bunch. :)

I hate when that happens too, but don't know how to thumbnail it.

Any help?

Just found this pic of the white out t-shirts on the team's Facebook page

305205_2083640974211_1340700115_32065748_1553251720_n.jpg

Be sure to enter the contest to win free tix: https://www.facebook.com/NewJerseyDevils?sk=app_121121694568521

That's actually a very nice looking shirt. Its a shame about 3,000 of them will be given to Phailure fans so they can burn them.

That's actually a very nice looking shirt. Its a shame about 3,000 of them will be given to Phailure fans so they can burn them.

Now now - I think these shirts can be very useful as tourniquets for the aftermath of the inevitable Flyer fan knife/broken bottle fights.

Edited by Triumph

Well, with the whiteout, every single Flyers fan in the building will be visible, so hopefully they don't flood us.

Those shirts look really nice and it's always good when they're giving stuff away, however I think they should really make up their mind. First it's Rock Your Red (also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they weren't giving any free shirts away the year they introduced Rock Your Red and you had to bring your own red stuff for the games), now they're going with a whiteout all of a sudden. Even the red didn't work that well IMO - i.e., Calgary's C of Red always looks way better.

No, they will throw them on the ground and or pretend to whipe their asses and then laugh for 20 minutes because it was so original and hilarious.

The fans are responsible for the success or failure of this stuff - that's all -- end of story.

Some people on HF are saying they are going to wear red in defiance.. I guess the marketing department can't do anything right by some fans.. They should really just go back to silly bands for promo nights and totally messing up the Meet and Greets.. At least people will be complaining for lack of effort instead of sh!tting on the team's extra effort

Some people are just ridiculous :kill:

True, but the sloped brows and dragging knuckles are usually a pretty good giveaway too.

No, they will throw them on the ground and or pretend to whipe their asses and then laugh for 20 minutes because it was so original and hilarious.

back to back posts that literally made me laugh out loud, copy/paste and send to hockey friends all over facebook.

Christ both were well done, bravo you two!

now only if our fans can get into their seats by the drop of the puck, then the idea will be ok

yeah this'll be a weekend game, so not like people are coming from work or anything. Personally I always hate getting in after the warm-up. Get there early and be one of the first in, you get your food, find your seats and just relax before the crowds start filling the concourse. Plus you're ready when they come out for the warm-up.

yeah this'll be a weekend game, so not like people are coming from work or anything. Personally I always hate getting in after the warm-up. Get there early and be one of the first in, you get your food, find your seats and just relax before the crowds start filling the concourse. Plus you're ready when they come out for the warm-up.

Or you can get to Newark somewhat early, eat and relax at one of the much cheaper and better establishments outside the rock, and then get to your seats.

I like the shirt. I want one.

I’m always happy with the freebies. If the shirts or hats are cool they go into my rotation. If they’re ugly, I just use ‘em for working around the house. And generally, once the season is over any ‘terrible towels’ we’ve accumulated get used for our dog, so it doesn’t really matter what they look like.

Slightly off-topic: does anyone know more-or-less when the promotional schedule will be posted? We’re starting to think about selling off some of our tickets, but of course we want to be sure to hang onto the promotional dates.

I’m always happy with the freebies. If the shirts or hats are cool they go into my rotation. If they’re ugly, I just use ‘em for working around the house. And generally, once the season is over any ‘terrible towels’ we’ve accumulated get used for our dog, so it doesn’t really matter what they look like.

Slightly off-topic: does anyone know more-or-less when the promotional schedule will be posted? We’re starting to think about selling off some of our tickets, but of course we want to be sure to hang onto the promotional dates.

If I remember right, they usually release these late in the pre-season or in that period between the end of the pre-season and opening night.

Usually by opening night, they have a list of promo nights, but usually is somewhat incomplete as they add more through the year. Usually by late November the list is complete, but they sometimes have nights that are kinda last-minute and is not on the calendar. The one that comes to mind that was recent was the Telebrands giveaway a couple seasons back against Columbus.