‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

We should have seen this when he signed the one year deal last year.

Nah, I disagree with this.

Zach was coming off an injury that was rather severe. It made sense to not go all in then, and see how he came back. The thing that gets me is not having signed him once we were able to after the 1st. He had shown by then he was worth the long term deal. The 7/50 rumor that his agents talked him into turning down is what annoys me the most.

If he goes to the Penguins, its worse than Gomez to me. I will never cheer for this guy ever again.

Agreed, I don't even think I'd be able to cheer for him on the national team.

Ill cross that bridge when I have to. But Zach's departure to a division rival will trump every free agent we've ever lost.

Some interesting tweets from Chip Alexander (Hurricanes Reporter)

Rutherford says Canes may receive answer on Parise today. Said decision on Suter probably would take longer.

— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip)

July 1, 2012

"Rutherford says Canes may receive answer on Parise today. Said decision on Suter probably would take longer."

The "answer" on Parise may be whether Canes are on the "short list." Final decision by Parise's camp could come tomorrow, he said.

— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip)

July 1, 2012

"The "answer" on Parise may be whether Canes are on the "short list." Final decision by Parise's camp could come tomorrow, he said."

Nah, I disagree with this.

Zach was coming off an injury that was rather severe. It made sense to not go all in then, and see how he came back. The thing that gets me is not having signed him once we were able to after the 1st. He had shown by then he was worth the long term deal. The 7/50 rumor that his agents talked him into turning down is what annoys me the most.

If he goes to the Penguins, its worse than Gomez to me. I will never cheer for this guy ever again.

Not locking him up long term and not having faith in his recovery could end up being the mistake though.

I never would have thought Pitt was a threat to take him though. Especially after he said NY was a definite no.

If he does go to Pitt (or Philly) though...

BooThisMan.gif

The fvcking media can't wait for him to go to Pittsburgh too, they'd have a field day with the best American forward on the NHL's chosen team. Along with the face of the league in Crosby and the best Russian forward too. They really would be like the Yankees with worldwide appeal.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I hope parise likes vein third fiddle.

If he signs with sh!ttsburgh or Philly then he is dead to me.

Also a lot of the people on this board and on my facebook who claimed to have inside sources saying parise is def staying are very quiet right now

The fvcking media can't wait for him to go to Pittsburgh too, they'd have a field day with the best American forward on the NHL's chosen team. Along with the face of the league in Crosby and the best Russian forward too. They really would be like the Yankees with worldwide appeal.

Bettman's wet dream. Systematically defiling the Devils while making sure his biggest cash cow can keep milking...

After all these negative/angry comments about Zach signing with someone else, it's going to be really funny if he re-signs with the Devils :giggle: It was the same thing with Kovy.

People expected Kovy to leave, they were just mad at him stringing it out for two plus weeks. With Zach it's more personal than that, ESPECIALLY if he goes to Pittsburgh or Philly. If he goes to Carolina to be with his buddy MacLean that'd be pretty bad too but not on that level. Minnesota, I'd cringe and laugh...it'd be a phyrric victory at best.

Just sayin' everyone is talking third fiddle nonsense.

And im sure he'd be ok with that making 8 or 9 mil a year.

Money is the only reason he's (possibly) leaving.

Edited by ghdi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.