Emotional Reaction to Parise Leaving

thefiestygoat

If a max contract , playing on a contender , captaincy and living in Jersey is not good enough for him then FVCK HIM. The Wild are annual disappointments and Parise and Suter are not enough to put them over the top. I hope this is the beginning of a lengthy career slide and many bitter moments for the Wild.

shouldnt take too long for Zach to get booed by the home crowd cause he's not producing enough for his contract... well that day... i will look at the video over and over and over with the same smile that I have watching Gomez.

My thoughts:

His wanting to be on a winner was obviously a crock.

Playing with his "friend" is a crock.........this in now way, shape, or form compares to the Nieds brothers, and wanting to play together.

The Wild will still be futile for a while, and I won't shed a tear.

The one thing I get is playing in Minnesota and being "home".

But for God's sake man, you're 27, do you need to be that close to daddy?

I am very happy they Devs did not give that contract out. Imagine a $7,500,000 cap hit a decade from now on a broken down 37 year old?

Can't lie, it's a sad day to be a Devils fan. Parise was clearly a hard worker on the ice, and seems like a good guy off it. Can't say he won't be missed...life will go on for the Devils, but losing him will hurt initially.

No matter how I look at it, I don't think anyone was wrong...not Lou, not Zach. The money was insane, and I'm glad the Devils aren't paying it. Some fans are coming up with conspiracy theories about how Zach was just using the Devils, was just going to go to Minnesota from the get-go, but I truly think the guy really was that torn as to what he wanted to do, and the decision took him that long. I think Minnesota was nuts for what they did today, but clearly they're trying to get something going...I wouldn't have done what they did in a million years, I think they were incredibly irresponsible, but they made their big bold move...we'll see if it pays off for them.

But I have to admit, I don't care about Zach Parise anymore. He's now a part of the Devils' past. He no longer figures into the Devils' present or future, so it makes no sense to dwell on him or his reasons for leaving or how it all went down. So I'm done with him. It's Kovy's team now.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

We will see. Most big name free agents left the Devils pretty much have their overall production declined with the exception of perhaps Rafalski and Scott Niedermayer. Gomez, Holik, Malakhov, Gionta, Mogilny,( notice most of them are forwards) etc all get critized for the wrong reasons during long stretches.