WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time I'm watching Raw start to end in a very long time.

It's also probably the last.

I miss ECW.

WWE 24/7

it's worth any money you spend on it... really

did you at least see Santino?? He is hilarity defined!

WWE 24/7

it's worth any money you spend on it... really

did you at least see Santino?? He is hilarity defined!

Santino was amusing, I'll give that much. The end of his match was weak though, having his woman trip the Jamaican guy into his knee, but you can't even tell that's what happened until they show you on the replay. Just...lame.

Santino was amusing, I'll give that much. The end of his match was weak though, having his woman trip the Jamaican guy into his knee, but you can't even tell that's what happened until they show you on the replay. Just...lame.

That's the whole humor in their pairing though....

.... ok I can't defend the show anymore... DAVE is on.... damn you Batista :P

• 1 month later...

Kofi Kingston & CM Punk Tag Team Champions. Finally some talent in the Tag Team division for WWE. A perfect fit for Kofi, and an equally perfect spot for CM. (at this point in his career) Here's hoping Vince keeps them together for at least a month or two.

SIDE'NOTE: Evidently TNA is gonna sport a brand new setup for iMPACT! this Thursday. "Ashley Colton is currently reporting at tonight's TNA iMPACT! tapings in Orlando, and has sent in word that we will see a completely new television set this Thursday. The previous stage and 2 entrance ramps are gone. The new setup includes new lighting and several very large high-resolution screens." -rajah.com

Figures on TNA... get rid of one of the unique things that makes them stick out :P

as for Raw...if it's not Charlie Hass or Santino Marella... I really don't care about it anymore (besides Heroes is like a billion times better then Raw!)

• 2 months later...

So uh yeah.. wrestling.. :P

I actually started watching WWE again starting last week's RAW (12/22).. I cant believe fatass JBL is getting a title shot.. And Kofi Kingston needs to get some recognition for the IC title (if he hasn't already) because hes such a great wrestler and fun to watch.

So I saw RAW 12/22.. I skipped the ECW b/c it wasn't even a show it was like the best of 2008.. I saw Smackdown!.. Saw RAW the other night.. Totally forgot about ECW last night

So uh CRASHER.. anyone else? :noclue:

BTW since i haven't actually seen a full episode of ECW yet.. is it even halfway decent to the old ECW? Like are the matches all hardcore/no DQ? If not I dont see a point in the ECW brand by WWE to continue existing

Edited by nmigliore

It doesn't matter who gets the shots when Cena has the belt it is the same old crap (though I am annoyed Jeff Hardy has the Smackdown belt too... I can't win)

ECW died to me about 8 weeks into the relaunch as WWECW

there's a few of us here

I watch all shows on DVR now so i can pass most of the crap

though I was thrilled to see Trish back last week :wub:

I cant stand Batista. After he got "punted" in the head by Orton he reacted so ridiculously .. hes such a bad actor. Hopefully we dont see him for awhile since he got "surgery" with either means its true he needed surgery for his hammy, or he was given time off for personal reasons.

And Im not liking the HBK on hard times gimmick.. ugh.. did anyone really expect HBK to put up a fight in the 4-way elimination? I was saying to myself if it comes down to JBL/HBK its too obvious that HBK will just leave the ring and get counted out or he would lay down for JBL..

Edited by nmigliore

I cant stand Batista. After he got "punted" in the head by Orton he reacted so ridiculously .. hes such a bad actor. Hopefully we dont see him for awhile since he got "surgery" with either means its true he needed surgery for his hammy, or he was given time off for personal reasons.

And Im not liking the HBK on hard times gimmick.. ugh.. did anyone really expect HBK to put up a fight in the 4-way elimination? I was saying to myself if it comes down to JBL/HBK its too obvious that HBK will just leave the ring and get counted out or he would lay down for JBL..

Yeah we used to joke and call him MAIN EVENT DAVE... then fvck us... he ended up there... he's SO bad now

I have to admit I love the Evolution of Randy Orton now... he's so GETTING it now....

He did have a hamstring problem, they sold it off as a Summer Slam injury because we are supposed to be morons :P

Yeah that gimmick is a little too true to life and just DUMB

if in character he's so under "hard times" why would he not go for the belt (more money, prestige, etc)

I think too much :P

What about ECW is it hardcore at all? Or is it just another un-needed WWE brand to throw the undertalented?

I cant believe Jeff Hardy is the WWE Champion on SD!.. The dude was a horrible wrestler back in his old WWF days and wasn't that good in TNA either. I hope he has improved.

And Orton and Cena both look like they are better wrestlers from what I previously saw a few years ago.

What about ECW is it hardcore at all? Or is it just another un-needed WWE brand to throw the undertalented?

I cant believe Jeff Hardy is the WWE Champion on SD!.. The dude was a horrible wrestler back in his old WWF days and wasn't that good in TNA either. I hope he has improved.

And Orton and Cena both look like they are better wrestlers from what I previously saw a few years ago.

it's not

and please call it wwECW

Though I hear Matt Stryker is good on play by play....

he hasn't... it's the same old crap and I was bored with it 10 minutes into his return....

and he's BRUTAL near a microphone!!!

Orton is... hundred fold on the stick...

Cena too... he's the new Rock in promos... similar in wrestling talent too

Cena is trapped in the style of his character though

Yeah.. Im curious when they will ever try a heel Cena.

no way

he'd be GOOD at it don't get me wrong

but they make such SERIOUS coin on Cena merch it would ba crazy to try

-- John Cena's merchandise numbers for 2008 were the best of anyone in the history of the company with the exception of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin during his peak years. Cena's numbers were also ahead of Hulk Hogan's marks in the 1980s, although you have to take into account inflation, the numbers of items available at the time compared to now, as well as merchandise not being nearly as readily available as it is today.

How about Hurricane Helms? Does he get much recognition? Hes a great wrestler.. However recently Ive only seen his match with Benjamin last week on SD!, which was pretty good

He just came back from a year plus long injury

But wrestling is fake so who cares that the guy was almost crippled :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He just came back from a year plus long injury

But wrestling is fake so who cares that the guy was almost crippled :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is he heel or face? I'd imagine Shelton is still heel, right? And it wouldn't make sense for heel vs heel for a title.. I dunno im just throwing stuff out there, I hope he gets a US title shot

Is he heel or face? I'd imagine Shelton is still heel, right? And it wouldn't make sense for heel vs heel for a title.. I dunno im just throwing stuff out there, I hope he gets a US title shot

yeah most guys come back as faces... makes sense

the welcome back push

just good to see he's 100%!