New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kovy's floating around as a Current TRENDING topic on Yahoo. Amusing... haha

In other news, I laughed so loud at this thread the people in the office looked at me weird.

maybe we can get vince mcmahon to be our commish

He would most likely do the following then:

Make pads smaller to increase goal scoring

Eliminate instigator penalty

allow bench-clearing brawls

Helmets are optional

Even sluttier cheerleaders

Force goalies to only wear those old masks like Ken Dryden wore, and band full goalie helmets.

Interaction with fans will not result in a fine or suspension.

This sounds like NHL circa 1975. We might be on to something here........

Helmets are optional

Force goalies to only wear those old masks like Ken Dryden wore, and band full goalie helmets.

In that case every player has to have big mustaches and sideburns.

so by wanting to eliminate "retirement contracts", the league wants to outlaw franchise players. So they want to make it illegal to lock up a player for his career and force us to have to give up a Kovalchuk in the future if someone tries to lure him away with more money/accommodations, when his contract is up for renewal? If a team places that much value on someone that they want to lock him up and nullify any chance he may be gone to free agency in the future, why is that such a big deal? I guess now the hypocritical NHL is against dynasties like the Islanders of the early 80s or Canadiens, or teams like that. It's the "everyone plays fair, no one has an advantage" rule. :rolleyes:

One word: Parity. It's tough to achieve it if the NHL lets teams lock up all their talent long-term without letting the teams that draft and trade poorly have a crack at 'em too.

Helmets are optional

the wwe can then be involved and provide wrestler appearances. i wouldnt mind seeing stone cold steve austin giving the stunner to crosby

It was actually 660 AM in NYC.

was it on their newsflash that they have? i just put it on and the Mink didnt mention it

the wwe can then be involved and provide wrestler appearances. i wouldnt mind seeing stone cold steve austin giving the stunner to crosby

Also have the team named after the area stereotype. NJ could be called the Mobsters, with their uniforms red white and green like the italian flag and play in the swamps of the meadowlands where the mob has buried possibly hundreds and........oh wait........

Also have the team named after the area stereotype. NJ could be called the Mobsters, with their uniforms red white and green like the italian flag and play in the swamps of the meadowlands where the mob has buried possibly hundreds and........oh wait........

we can have lou lamoriello come out in a ric flair robe :whistling:

I've never heard err READ so much Devil bashing on Twitter ... ever. I hate you NHL :horse:

At any rate, looks like this thread WILL reach 400+ (today?) :cheers:

i think the first NJ insult came when they forced us to compensate the Rangers for "taking away from their fanbase" did they do that with the Islanders too when they started? So the league was biased from day 1

People just plain don't give the Devils any respect. But what do you expect. Most folks consider Jersey just a rest stop when they travel from PA to NY or vice versa. My Grandmother used to call Jersey "New York's Garbage Dump." I guess that's one of the resons why I killed her. :unsure:

ehhh, screw the whole thing! haha. gotta love Bender Bending Rodriguez!

I just joined the FVCK GARY BETTMAN!!!!!! group on facebook, only 125 members but i guess it's because it's either a new group or just one of those under the radar ones. doesn't look like it's all devils fans pissed at him either...

I will be joining ASAP