Save us Jacques Lemaire

'7'

Forget the PK, I can't understand why Gionta is in the NHL

thats dramatic he isnt that bad, the guy works hard every night ill give him that much he has a little bit of speed as well..but his minutes should be limited and his time should be kept on the fourth line.. he is WAY over used for what he is..and i think thats really why he catches so much heat

Oh, will the overreactions ever cease - sometimes teams make their shots, that's what happened tonight.  Devils didn't play a mistake-free game, but they played a fine 3rd period, just didn't get the breaks.  

dr33 already brought up all the dumb personnel moves that Lemaire did in his final full year here.  Personnel decisions are generally not what make or break a coach.

I think Gio would look a bit better if he was playing a role he could actually fill and didn't play with Penalty McTootoo

Oh, will the overreactions ever cease - sometimes teams make their shots, that's what happened tonight.  Devils didn't play a mistake-free game, but they played a fine 3rd period, just didn't get the breaks.  

dr33 already brought up all the dumb personnel moves that Lemaire did in his final full year here.  Personnel decisions are generally not what make or break a coach.

Just waiting for you to say that we've only played seven games for you to complete your annual parade of bullsh!t excuses. Don't forget the stats, Billy Beane!

I think Gio would look a bit better if he was playing a role he could actually fill and didn't play with Penalty McTootoo

Just waiting for you to say that we've only played seven games for you to complete your annual parade of bullsh!t excuses. Don't forget the stats, Billy Beane!

Yes, the team has only played 6 games, not 7.  When Schneider has a .930 month and this team rolls up a bunch of wins in a cluster this will be forgotten about.

i think its more that we played a fine 3rd offensively (in terms of attacking).  we made some CRITICAL mistakes though, that's what happened

Yes, the team has only played 6 games, not 7.  When Schneider has a .930 month and this team rolls up a bunch of wins in a cluster this will be forgotten about.

Good luck with that with the way this D's playing.  Schnieder would have to play at a HOF level to stay above .915 with this D playing the way it is.

Tri, about two years ago you said this shootout worm would turn eventually too. That .930 month may never come...and if it does we'll just simply stop scoring goals when Cory starts stopping pucks and it will be back to 1-0, 2-1 shootout and OT losses

Tri, about two years ago you said this shootout worm would turn eventually too. That .930 month may never come...and if it does we'll just simply stop scoring goals when Cory starts stopping pucks and it will be back to 1-0, 2-1 shootout and OT losses

Yeah we've been losing games on 'bad luck' for two years now.  Last year it was the shootout, the year before it was the shooting percentage.  At SOME point we have to accept this team is either extremely flawed or mismanaged instead of just cursing bad luck forever.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Sometimes you have 20 and the dealer gets 21.  I thought the team played well tonight.

Yeah we've been losing games on 'bad luck' for two years now.  Last year it was the shootout, the year before it was the shooting percentage.  At SOME point we have to accept this team is either extremely flawed or mismanaged instead of just cursing bad luck forever.

At SOME point we have to accept that the team is way different from what it was 2 years ago.  Here's the players from that 2012-13 team:  Zajac, Elias, Zubrus, Zidlicky, Salvador, Greene, Henrique, S. Gionta, Larsson, Josefson.  And one game of Gelinas.

Mismanaged is the correct answer here.  And yes, teams can be unlucky for over a 2 year period.

Sometimes you have 20 and the dealer gets 21.  I thought the team played well tonight.

They've been playing well.  It's just that every mistake is costing us.

This team is really talented.

this is a complete lie and you know it. This is a mediocre team that competes night in and night out BECAUSE of deboer's system, not in spite of it. It's not his fault zidlicky made possibly one of the worst decisions I've ever seen a veteran nhl player make (I can't even imagine what the reaction here would be had that been Salvador)

What I do agree with you on is that Lou has pulled the trigger in the past for less, but I think he realizes that Deboer is helping more than hurting and would have several nhl offers waiting for him if he does let him go.

That's it...enough. This is Deboers 4th season as Devils coach and the constant never-ending theme is blown leads blown leads and more blown leads. This team is so undisciplined and mentally weak in its own zone when trying to hold a lead. It happened in Philly to start the season (3-0 to 3-3) heck even in Tampa we were up 1-0 with about 10 to go and blew that. And the personnel changes but the results never do. They never do. Add in his bizarre, maddening roster management and the fact that we've missed the playoffs in consecutive years (unheard of for this franchise) and this year they're a penalty taking machine with no ability to kill penalties (something else that the Devil usually always do well not take penalties and KILL THEM when they do take them)

Up 3-1 to the Rags and we leave a point on the table. This was HIDEOUS.

All the good feelings of the 3-0 start are now history and we're long past the afterglow of the 2012 cup run.

You know Lou is stewing after this one. Now I don't expect any knee jerk moves from him as that's not his style. Deboer won't be on his ass tomorrow. But I think this game better start a clock in Lou's head, where if they're not playing up to capability by a certain date then Deboer is a goner. This team is really talented. We have depth and speed and are better than the crap that occurred tonight.

THE fvck WAS GIONTA DOING OUT THERE WITH ELIAS WITH LIKE A MINUTE TO GO?

I'm shocked at how long Lou has tolerated gag-job hockey. Claude Julien was fired for being in first place. Larry got fired a year after making it to the finals and 2 years after WINNING a Cup. Pete DeBoer can turn this team into an on-ice circus and he just gets a pass for YEARS

http://www.drugs.com/xanax.html

The one thing that is difficult to get used to with this team....there's no shutdown defenseman (just one...forget a pair) to roll out there at the end of the game to get sutff done....the young guys move the puck well and get offense.....the closest guy (in theory) to a shutdown D is Sal and he's not good enough either.....all Gionta-hate aside....who are you rolling out there (especially on D) to finish off the last 45 seconds, did the Elias line play the shift before?? (I wouldn't know I was on my way to a 1030 hockey game)......its more a personell issue to me then coaching system

Its hard to complain about the results of the offense so far this season though....way better than expected.....

this is a complete lie and you know it. This is a mediocre team that competes night in and night out BECAUSE of deboer's system, not in spite of it. It's not his fault zidlicky made possibly one of the worst decisions I've ever seen a veteran nhl player make (I can't even imagine what the reaction here would be had that been Salvador)

What I do agree with you on is that Lou has pulled the trigger in the past for less, but I think he realizes that Deboer is helping more than hurting and would have several nhl offers waiting for him if he does let him go.

This team is talented.  I'm not sure how anyone can deny that.  Now if you wanna say that having a lot of talent isn't the same as having a good team, then fine.  But talent isn't the problem.

This team is talented.  I'm not sure how anyone can deny that.  Now if you wanna say that having a lot of talent isn't the same as having a good team, then fine.  But talent isn't the problem.

I can't agree with that. A talented team would be one that the coach can do wtv he wants and implement various kind of plays and he has players that has the skills to do it. Lou built a fvcking slow and old team who's a deep group talent so it's good in a way but a deep group of average players. Instead we have to play a very very systematic way and get everyone to grind it out. We struggle to score in SO, we're slow and 4 on 4 in OT it's not a luxury. We can't really score off the rush. 

Just look at a bunch of team in the NHL and look at their top 6 and then look at ours.... we have to like our team but let's not be in denial here

I have defended PDB for awhile now, no more, not sure why i have defended him for so long after ALL THE BLOWN LEADS!!  WTF happen to lockdown Devils.  Devs used to protect 1 goals leads for 40 minutes!!!  now 2 & 3 goal leads are not safe, r u kidding me??

And last year we were the best in the NHL on the PK, now we are the worst?? WTF.

So many awful decisions, Gionta on the ice late ion the game, Clowe & Zubrus in OT, WTF?? Basically only 3 defenseman killing penalties.. donot even know what to say about that.

I thought Larsson played pretty well, yet he's basically benched in the 3rd and OT..

PDB clearly has his favorites and his dog house and there seems to be no way off either list...

it feels weird to agree with SD on something but he's right, compared to most other teams in the league we are not "really talented." We have a lot of quality players, but not top tier talents... Greene might be the closest but even he has had a poor start this season by his standards.

Last night we had zubrus on our first line- that is not an indication of high talent.

And I don't mean that we're not good enough to win or we're really suffering because of our lack of talent (I mean geez we're only 6 games in and at .500, as tri said this thread is overreaction personified), but to blame deboer is silly. Again, is it deboer's fault zidlicky made a- in the words of al trautwig- BRUTAL pass?

I was indifferent on DeBoer for quite some time, however, after the shenanigans I saw in the 3rd period last night I am quickly changing my opinion.  If the Devils don't come out over .500 for the first 12 games of the season, trust me, Lou has to contemplate a move to replace DeBoer because it would mean that his team would underachieve.

Also, my theory on Salvador staying "C" and also continuing with the club is simple - loyalty.  Lou gave him the short end of the stick a few years ago scrapping his season due to "concussion" in order to put him on the LTIR to make room for Kovalchuk's salary.  I'm convinced he was sat the entire season in order to achieve this and Salvador went along with it, and of course, there was some medical proof to substantiate the claim as well.  But if it were up to Sal, he probably would have come back that season at some point, but to make salary numbers work, he stayed "injured" per the request of Lou and management.  As a result, he was rewarded with a backend contract.  Just my theory.

Honest question: Are blown leads/comebacks up across the NHL in the last 4 years? I don't watch a ton of other teams games, but when I do I see plenty of blown leads. Would be interested to see if the Devils have given up leads at an abnormally high rate under Deboer compared to the rest of the NHL rather than compared to the Devils teams pre-Deboer.

I was indifferent on DeBoer for quite some time, however, after the shenanigans I saw in the 3rd period last night I am quickly changing my opinion.  If the Devils don't come out over .500 for the first 12 games of the season, trust me, Lou has to contemplate a move to replace DeBoer because it would mean that his team would underachieve.

Also, my theory on Salvador staying "C" and also continuing with the club is simple - loyalty.  Lou gave him the short end of the stick a few years ago scrapping his season due to "concussion" in order to put him on the LTIR to make room for Kovalchuk's salary.  I'm convinced he was sat the entire season in order to achieve this and Salvador went along with it, and of course, there was some medical proof to substantiate the claim as well.  But if it were up to Sal, he probably would have come back that season at some point, but to make salary numbers work, he stayed "injured" per the request of Lou and management.  As a result, he was rewarded with a backend contract.  Just my theory.

That's not even crazy. Given the sh!t situations Lou is putting himself and the team in with those paper moves and bad management of our roster. This is absolutely possible. 

We all know Deboer is stubborn like a mother F but at the end of the day he's simply a puppet. And we know who makes all the final calls

Edited by SterioDesign

it feels weird to agree with SD on something but he's right, compared to most other teams in the league we are not "really talented." We have a lot of quality players, but not top tier talents... Greene might be the closest but even he has had a poor start this season by his standards.

Last night we had zubrus on our first line- that is not an indication of high talent.

And I don't mean that we're not good enough to win or we're really suffering because of our lack of talent (I mean geez we're only 6 games in and at .500, as tri said this thread is overreaction personified), but to blame deboer is silly. Again, is it deboer's fault zidlicky made a- in the words of al trautwig- BRUTAL pass?

But our 3rd line is comprised of all 2nd line quality players.  Strangely enough, that could be the problem.  We don't have a true 3rd line, and are relying on guys who would normally be in a top 6 role to play a 3rd line role.  I agree Zubrus shouldn't be on the 1st line, but he's not on the first line because we don't have talent.  He was on the first line because Zubrus, Zajac, and Jagr had success last year, and Pete was trying to see if it would carry over.

Zidlicky is not good with the puck in the defensive zone.  Why Larsson wasn't playing in the 3rd, I have no freaking idea.  I like Pete, and I've said this numerous times. I never blame coaches for losses ever, but I do reserve the right to question his lineup decisions.