Gordie Howe suffers a stroke

MadDog2020

Man, that's a shame...one of those guys who just seems like he's going to live forever. 

Oh... I was wishing he'd make it to 90 at least.  Strokes suck.

I always feel like old age infirmities are natures way of convincing you to let go and move on.  It always seems to get your most favorite attribute. "Ya love life eh? Slowly going deaf and blind is cool huh?    Well... try it without the ability to move -- how'd ya like that?"  "YEah?  OK so see how you like not being able to talk -- no wait we'll let you talk a little -- but always say the wrong thing to people so no one understands you -- how's that?  Want some more?  want more??" 

My daughter's two great grandmothers were ass kickers (my grandmother and my husband's too).  They taught me how to make a rather graceful fighting exit - clinging on to the joy of family and love -- both also admitted to continuing the fight due to more than a small drop of absolute terror :D 

Last night I actually told my friend who is related to him. He hadn't even heard yet. Said he's just been in terrible shape recently. My buddy knows nothing about hockey. You should see the memorabilia he has all signed by Gordie. He was kind enough to get me two photos signed by Gordie, Mark & Marty. 

Notice my profile picture. He was very nice when I met him. Sat in my chair!   

I drooled looking at his #9 Howe Stanley Cup ring he was wearing. Don't know which one it was for.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

I got to shake Gordie's hand a few years ago at Prudential Center when Gordie was visiting his son Mark and Mark was scouting the Devils for the Flyers.  It felt as if I was shaking John Wayne's hand and I didn't want to wash it for a month.  I always found it awesome that Gordie chose to accompany Mark 4-5 times a year to CAA or The Rock when he was visiting.  Gordie is a hockey lifer.

Rest comfortably Mr. Hockey.

Very sad news. I actually just bought a signed copy of his new book and started reading it. A true legend.

Get better Gordie !   I  have his book on my Christmas list for Santa.  I remember him to be a bigger player ?  His playing days  he is listed as 6'1  205 lbs.  My wife tells me in bowling  9 strikes in a game is called " A Gordie Howe ". If I remember correctly he played every game his last season with Hartford, at 51 years of age !

Edited by ak926