Marty says Devils were "pretty close" to signing Parise... and

Daniel

I guess my point of view could be comparable to a a girl simply seeing/dating that guy and he's just saying he'd like them to be together in the future but won't talk about it or make it official and they just go on and on without making it official and the future is uncertain. She keeps on asking him about it but he says he doesnt want to talk about it. And he's broke and says it will get better eventually but he can't buy he ra ring or anything so he just keeps on not talking about it.

Then she starts hearing that this other guy which was her highschool crush is talking about her all the time and would like to date her and would buy her a car and make kids and all. And all her friends keeps on telling her that she deserve more and that she'd be happier with someone else bla bla bla.

Not really easy to compare that and somewhat bring a "free agency" metaphore in it but you kind of see where this is going haha But yeah she leaves him for her highschool crush and she's happy and all. But can you really blame her? Well i feel the same about Zach now, im super pissed he's gone but i don't blame him.

So what you're saying is if Lou wanted it he shoulda put a ring on it.

Yeah I'll be curious to see just how Lou responds to that comment by Marty, if he does so.

The best response is not re-signing him. Marty wants out, and Lou needs to just let him go.

As of now Brodeur is like an employee that has some $$$, is close to retirement, and was just told he's going to be laid off in a month or so

Would you care? He's gone into full Office Space mode. The guy just doesn't give a sh!t about anything he says. And I can guarantee more inane stuff will be coming out of his mouth as the season draws to a close

Edited by '7'

@tgfireandice Brodeur on Parise: "We had two years to talk to him and figure out something and we waited and waited and it was too late.”

God i somehow missed that tweet / post here...

Well sorry but i'd like to think that eventhough he has a loud mouth Brodeur has WAY more insights than most people and if he says that it's that he really think Lou screwed up. 

Like it or not guys "who could" talk to the media about that stuff did kind of put it out there that it was annoying them how Lou always wanted to wait and do it his way even though they wanted to get it done. And honestly who else would you take a word from other than Brodeur and Elias about anything Devils related?

Glad to see my boys are behind my thinking too about Lou

Edited by SterioDesign

Marty just can't keep quiet. All these quotes do is cut the Devils fans a little deeper

Seriously Brodeur should've been muzzled all season. Bozo has been nothing but trouble.

You are seriously mentally damaged.  How does this cut the fans???  If anything, it justifies how we all felt about the situation.  If Patty said this you'd be fellating him for his honesty.  The fans of this team are fed up with how it's been run for years and now the players have had it too, but because it's Marty, he's a troublemaker.  Can't wait till he's the GM. Nobody knows the game better than him, and unlike Lou, he'll know how to treat players.  I hope Chico spouts off in his final games this season as well. 

As of know Brodeur is like an employee that has some $$$, is close to retirement, and was just told he's going to be laid off in a month or so

Would you care? He's gone into full Office Space mode. The guy just doesn't give a sh!t about anything he says. And I can guarantee more inane stuff will be coming out of my mouth as the season draws to a close

Fixed

Yeah, Brodeur just took a shot at Lou. He's had a few borderline shots taken toward Lou/DeBoer this season that were more passive and open to interpretation, but this one is pretty clear cut. I'd imagine Lou's not too happy with Brodeur right now.

You are seriously mentally damaged.  How does this cut the fans???  If anything, it justifies how we all felt about the situation.  If Patty said this you'd be fellating him for his honesty.  The fans of this team are fed up with how it's been run for years and now the players have had it too, but because it's Marty, he's a troublemaker.  Can't wait till he's the GM. Nobody knows the game better than him, and unlike Lou, he'll know how to treat players.  I hope Chico spouts off in his final games this season as well. 

Fixed

Because we don't need to be reminded of this fiasco by a mouthy pathetic has been goaltender who somehow thinks he's still a starter in this league. Yes, we know Lou is starting to slip, but we don't need to hear that from Mr. Delusional himself.

And yes I don't care what Elias says because Elias unlike Brodeur hasn't played like hot garbage for the past 2 years.

Edited by '7'

The best response is not re-signing him. Marty wants out, and Lou needs to just let him go.

Brodeur has turned, somewhat sadly, into someone who has a long tenured employment someplace and know they are at the end either by choice or design and they go from being the dependble, conscientious individual they were into a different version of themselves. However, I don't think this is a matter of Brodeur not giving a sh!t about the Devils entirely, but rather some pent up frustration, his ego clashing with his common sense and a realization that he's not coming back here next year either by Lamoriello's choice or his own.

Well you have to think that players are living it more than us and they are playing in a sh!t team because of that, Lou ran and managed the team very very poorly in the last few years and seeing guys go like Langenbrunner did (we didnt like him but im sure guys in the lockerroom liked him)  i'm sure NO ONE in that locker room wanted to see Zach leave and it's been hinted by Elias and Brodeur (who to me are the only 2 who would be "allowed" to speak their mind freely (jagr but he wasnt here).

Pretty clear to me that the guys are fed up of that sh!t.

But again it's a matter of people will believe what they want to believe. They'll discard anything they don't want to believe and take anything anyone says that goes against what they want to believe

at the end of the day, discard whatever you want Brodeur says, thats fair but Elias also said he didnt like it and that speaks volume.

Edited by SterioDesign

this thread just makes me down.. I miss thoae feelings of being in the playoffs in 2012 having a competitive team 2 star players that you could depend on to come through for you when you needed them...now were not even going to be knocking on the door to get in and we have a bunch of bums zero star players and it is a completely different team... and worst part about it I feel like things will be this way for a little while with this team

haha following my silly analogy. Yes, exactly. As dumb as it sounds

Hahaha, I followed.

God i somehow missed that tweet / post here...

Well sorry but i'd like to think that eventhough he has a loud mouth Brodeur has WAY more insights than most people and if he says that it's that he really think Lou screwed up. 

Like it or not guys "who could" talk to the media about that stuff did kind of put it out there that it was annoying them how Lou always wanted to wait and do it his way even though they wanted to get it done. And honestly who else would you take a word from other than Brodeur and Elias about anything Devils related?

Glad to see my boys are behind my thinking too about Lou

I still think it's an over simplification. I think if Lou had the choice between Kovalchuk and Parise, it would be Parise all day. Vanderbeek pushed for that Kovy contract and wouldn't/couldn't greenlight something long term for Parise. We know how much Lou likes "his" guys. Plus, the whole time Parise's agents know full well the kind of money they can get if they go to free agency. I'm sure they were pushing Zach to sign that supposedly huge Philly deal.

Hahaha, I followed.

I still think it's an over simplification. I think if Lou had the choice between Kovalchuk and Parise, it would be Parise all day. Vanderbeek pushed for that Kovy contract and wouldn't/couldn't greenlight something long term for Parise. We know how much Lou likes "his" guys. Plus, the whole time Parise's agents know full well the kind of money they can get if they go to free agency. I'm sure they were pushing Zach to sign that supposedly huge Philly deal.

Well i get that obviously (that it seems over simplification) and it's fair since no one really knows and people will simply grab on what they want to believe. What i want/choose to believe is the path that Lou made things all his career + what Zach himself said + was his agent said + what Elias said + what Brodeur said + what Lou himself said.

Which are ALL pointing in the same direction and saying the same thing. Lou is always waiting last minute to get things done and refuse to adjust, it has to go his way and he won't go outside of his path. I've always believed that. I was fine with it cause it has never burned us before but yet, it's like my example of drunk driving, you're brother can drink and drive every week for 10 years and never get caught or crash. (Thats a good "track record" yes) You don't support it but the day something  happen it's gonna piss you off a lot more cause you knew all along it would bite him in the ass and since you're his brother then its touching you too. 

I feel the same with Lou, i always hated his way of dealing with UFA's way too risky for nothing. Gotta admit that when his way lead to my favourite Devils player getting the way paved all the way to Minny by Lou himself. I'm quite possibly never gonna get over it. I'm really sorry if im annoying with it. But i'll never forgive Lou for not putting a better fight than that and sticking to his way.

If the real truth ever come out and that im 100% wrong though i'll have no problem eating crows and admit that i was wrong and apologize to whoever wants to hear it. But everything Lou did in that case was what he would have done with any other player following "his way". 

Zach Parise on Saying He Wanted to Stay with Devils Before Leaving: "I Wasn't Lying"

When Zach Parise was the Devils captain and in the final year of his contract, he kept saying he wanted to stay in New Jersey. ...

“Yeah, I wasn't lying,” Parise responded during a five-minute group interview outside the Wild dressing room. “I have no reason to lie about that stuff. I was being completely honest. As I've said before, it basically came down to Minnesota or here (in New Jersey). I have no reason to lie. I wasn't trying to sugarcoat anything.”

[regarding Marty saying that Lou waited too long to talk with Zach]:

Parise disagreed.

“I know Lou has his policies and his ways of doing things and it’s not as if Lou waited until June 29 or 30th to pick up the phone,” Parise said. “We had talked for a long time before then. We had talked even the summer before that. So I don't think it's fair to say that Lou waited until the last minute because that wasn’t the case."

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/03/zach_parise_on_saying_he_wanted_to_stay_with_devils_before_leaving_i_wasnt_lying.html

Well i get that obviously (that it seems over simplification) and it's fair since no one really knows and people will simply grab on what they want to believe. What i want/choose to believe is the path that Lou made things all his career + what Zach himself said + was his agent said + what Elias said + what Brodeur said + what Lou himself said.

Which are ALL pointing in the same direction and saying the same thing. Lou is always waiting last minute to get things done and refuse to adjust, it has to go his way and he won't go outside of his path. I've always believed that. I was fine with it cause it has never burned us before but yet, it's like my example of drunk driving, you're brother can drink and drive every week for 10 years and never get caught or crash. (Thats a good "track record" yes) You don't support it but the day something  happen it's gonna piss you off a lot more cause you knew all along it would bite him in the ass and since you're his brother then its touching you too. 

I feel the same with Lou, i always hated his way of dealing with UFA's way too risky for nothing. Gotta admit that when his way lead to my favourite Devils player getting the way paved all the way to Minny by Lou himself. I'm quite possibly never gonna get over it. I'm really sorry if im annoying with it. But i'll never forgive Lou for not putting a better fight than that and sticking to his way.

If the real truth ever come out and that im 100% wrong though i'll have no problem eating crows and admit that i was wrong and apologize to whoever wants to hear it. But everything Lou did in that case was what he would have done with any other player following "his way". 

The issue though is that Lou made exceptions for people like Stevens, Brodeur, etc. Zach was clearly one of those guys. It's very plausible that either 1) he made an offer to Zach after January 1st of that year and/or 2) Vanderbeek wasn't opening the purse strings because he preferred Kovalchuk and the team was on the ropes financially. I think Lou knew very well how much Parise meant. I don't think he was entirely able to handle the issue how he wanted to.

...EDIT, this from the post above sheds some light as well:

“I know Lou has his policies and his ways of doing things and it’s not as if Lou waited until June 29 or 30th to pick up the phone,” Parise said. “We had talked for a long time before then. We had talked even the summer before that. So I don't think it's fair to say that Lou waited until the last minute because that wasn’t the case."

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Zach Parise on Saying He Wanted to Stay with Devils Before Leaving: "I Wasn't Lying"

When Zach Parise was the Devils captain and in the final year of his contract, he kept saying he wanted to stay in New Jersey. ...

“Yeah, I wasn't lying,” Parise responded during a five-minute group interview outside the Wild dressing room. “I have no reason to lie about that stuff. I was being completely honest. As I've said before, it basically came down to Minnesota or here (in New Jersey). I have no reason to lie. I wasn't trying to sugarcoat anything.”

Parise disagreed.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/03/zach_parise_on_saying_he_wanted_to_stay_with_devils_before_leaving_i_wasnt_lying.html

Well it's still blurry of what Lou did exactly and what we're the timelines and talks. But like i said, IF im proven wrong with facts i'll eat crows.

It's also not because Lou "didnt wait til june 29th that he tried his best and went over his policy during the season like i said he should." IMO after the season it was already too late since Zach already said that he'd want to see offers out there if he'd only have to wait a few weeks.

Bottom line is if a player like Zach says he "really want to stay and that he's open for contract talks" during the season. You get in talks and get it done and at least get a framework or an agreement down or something. You put every single chances your way. Im really not convinced based on Lou's history that he went that far.

Edited by SterioDesign

Fixed

You think this is it for the Chic-ster?

Parise disagreed.

He can say whatever he wants but actions spoke louder than words.

I do believe that it was down to Minnesota and NJ.  He probably gave Devils 5% chance of re-signing and Minn 95%.  He was gone the second he signed that 1 year deal.

Well it's still blurry of what Lou did exactly and what we're the timelines and talks. But like i said, IF im proven wrong with facts i'll eat crows.

It's also not because Lou "didnt wait til june 29th that he tried his best and went over his policy during the season like i said he should." IMO after the season it was already too late since Zach already said that he'd want to see offers out there if he'd only have to wait a few weeks.

Bottom line is if a player like Zach says he "really want to stay and that he's open for contract talks" during the season. You get in talks and get it done and at least get a framework or an agreement down or something. You put every single chances your way. Im really not convinced based on Lou's history that he went that far.

Zach literally said they had spoken a long time before he was a free agent and the summer before.

"So I don't think it's fair to say that Lou waited until the last minute because that wasn’t the case."

Zach literally said they had spoken a long time before he was a free agent and the summer before.

"So I don't think it's fair to say that Lou waited until the last minute because that wasn’t the case."

The "summer before" was when they signed his RFA contract, im pretty sure that's what he refers too.

As for a "long time", god knows what he means by that... draft? after the cup? during the season? him mentioning Lou's policies could means they didnt talk during the season.

Again we still don't know and there's nothing new to what Zach said really... we know from reports Lou started to talk contract negociations 2-3 weeks before free agency from what Zach and his agent said at the time. And we knew already they talked in the summer before since they signed that other contract.

and here's the full quote that wasnt posted here and i really think he's 100% right

Brodeur noted how other teams did not make that mistake of waiting to take care of players of similar stature and made sure to get they were locked up well ahead of time while they had the chance.

“When you know you have an athlete that is going to be a game breaker and he’s going to be one of the top players (available) and the rules are free agency comes a lot younger than it used to, you have to make commitments,” Brodeur said. “You see around the league some of the guys, the (Steven) Stamkos and etc., they don’t wait. They get them done. And we let him walk to free agency. That’s a decision of the organization, regardless of it was financial at the time with the ownership that we had, but he was our property for a long time and we lost him.”

Edited by SterioDesign

The "summer before" was when they signed his RFA contract, im pretty sure that's what he refers too.

As for a "long time", god knows what he means by that... draft? after the cup? during the season? him mentioning Lou's policies could means they didnt talk during the season.

Again we still don't know and there's nothing new to what Zach said really... we know from reports Lou started to talk contract negociations 2-3 weeks before free agency from what Zach and his agent said at the time. And we knew already they talked in the summer before since they signed that other contract.

and here's the full quote that wasnt posted here and i really think he's 100% right

Lmfao, holy sh!t did Marty put Lou on blast. Big time.