PL3 Has Broken Hand

msweet

Devils defenseman Matt Taormina will undergo surgery on his left ankle Monday, confirming Tuesday's report in The Post that surgery was likely. Taormina has two non-displaced fractures in that ankle, general manager Lou Lamoriello said.

Right wing Nick Palmieri will sit out with an "upper body" injury today. Mattias Tedenby skated with Travis Zajac and Ilya Kovalchuk in his place in practice yesterday.

Lamoriello said that, contrary to speculation elsewhere, he will not claim goalie Evgeny Nabokov off waivers after he was placed there by Detroit, which is required to bring in a player from Europe at this stage of the season.

Lamoriello said Pierre-Luc Letourneau is recovering from a broken hand, suffered in a fight, and goalie Jeff Frazee is undergoing an MRI exam for a knee injury.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/hedberg_gets_turn_for_streaking_GidS9ng8H7eRMKGXyg03GJ#ixzz1Bmr4OnuJ

I cant wait to have Tao back in the line up whether its this season or next. I can see him being a big future D man for this team.

I personally figured that Lou would never even take a shot at Nabokov. Goaltending isnt the biggest issue right now with our team.

Corrente is also out for atleast another week.

PL3 is PL3. He didnt have much impact with this team anyway besides being an enforcer.