Stupid ass conference realignment

roomtemp

in the current system the Red Wings would have played have their schedule against Chi, St Louis, Nashville and Minnesota....breaks my heart to see such a "cumbersome" travel schedule...as an east team they go to the West Coast just as much as they would have staying in the Central and not pissed away the league's best rivalry, Columbus needed to move for geographic rival reasons...how come no one in Nashville is upset about the travel? (and aren't they closer to Fla and Washington anyway??) ...oh yeah, they're not the Red Wings....my bad

they very easily could have had 15 teams in each conference too, it's VERY rare the entire league plays on the same day so it's not that big of a scheduling deal

Time zone -- Nashville's central, not EST.

it was pretty easy if they just swapped winnipeg to the west and we got Nashville OR Columbus. Done, out the door...but noooooo they had to make this monstrosity with two 8 team divisions and two 7 team divisions

:doh1: :doh1: :doh1: :doh1: :doh1: :doh1: :doh1:

SJ-LA will be a freaking battle royal. I'm psyched for that series too DP.

I hate this Devils roster so much they've just killed me wanting to watch anymore hockey. This is the first time in years i just don't have the enthusiasm to watch playoff hockey, and to an extent, other games this entire season. They just sucked the passion and interest right out knowing how mediocre and unskilled this collection of clowns really is.

And we would have gotten our a$$es handed to us by Boston or whoever else we faced.....Devils sucked this year,case closed.

I dont think there was any debate on that really, just pointing out that if we were using the old system the Devils would still be alive.