GDT: Philthadelphia Failures @ New Jersey Devils

Coorslight

I'm always very pro-Newark's revitalization and always give it the benefit of the doubt. I think a thriving Newark is good for NJ and it would be great for the Devils. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. It sucks that the few bad apples really do spoil it for everyone. Still not sure I can bring myself to park on the street again. Driving home with a broken window on the coldest night of the year is not something I want to relive.

Sucks but at least you're okay and nothing was stolen. But I warned people not to park on the street when driving to the game especially the further away you are from the arena. I'm surprised you didn't have any issues before on Branford, especially on Branford. There's a meth clinic nearby...

You're from Caldwell right? Take the 29 bus straight in or park at Grove Street station in Bloomfield and take the subway.

Edited by Marv4Life

Sucks but at least you're okay and nothing was stolen. But I warned people not to park on the street when driving to the game especially the further away you are from the arena. I'm surprised you didn't have any issues before on Branford, especially on Branford. There's a meth clinic nearby...

You're from Caldwell right? Take the 29 bus straight in or park at Grove Street station in Bloomfield and take the subway.

Well for weekday games I have to take 78 East right from work.. Doesn't the train to Newark from Bllomfield/Montclair only go to the other station in Newark? I thought they got rid of the shuttle from there to the Rock

<br />Sucks but at least you're okay and nothing was stolen. But I warned people not to park on the street when driving to the game especially the further away you are from the arena. I'm surprised you didn't have any issues before on Branford, especially on Branford. There's a meth clinic nearby...<br /><br />You're from Caldwell right? Take the 29 bus straight in or park at Grove Street station in Bloomfield and take the subway.
<br /><br />Double post - anyone else find Tapatalk to be very glitchy? Edited by Colin226

Well for weekday games I have to take 78 East right from work.. Doesn't the train to Newark from Bllomfield/Montclair only go to the other station in Newark? I thought they got rid of the shuttle from there to the Rock

No I mean the light rail. It goes straight to Penn Station and the stop is located on Grove Street north of Bloomfield Ave. Plenty of fans use it. The rail station for service to Broad is further up. Parking's a couple of bucks last I checked.

http://www.njtransit..._lr_nlr_map.pdf

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0007.pdf

Edited by Marv4Life

It's $1.50 to take the city bus - and that takes ten minutes and drops you off across the street from where Uber Burger used to be. Or take the light rail (same cost) to go to Penn Station for the scenic route and walk another ten minutes indoors to get across from Championship Plaza.

Probably finding a parking lot is better though and just paying the $10-15 upfront though, cause you can get out of the city fairly easily and you wind up wasting more time after the game waiting for connections.

I've always had good luck down neck. If you've got time to walk, you can usually get parking a couple blocks past Hell's Kitchen, and the neighborhood is a hell of a lot better on that end of the tracks.

That's where I usually park. Granted I usually don't go to more than 10 games a year.

I'm always very pro-Newark's revitalization and always give it the benefit of the doubt. I think a thriving Newark is good for NJ and it would be great for the Devils. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. It sucks that the few bad apples really do spoil it for everyone. Still not sure I can bring myself to park on the street again. Driving home with a broken window on the coldest night of the year is not something I want to relive.

In any urban area, if you park your car on a side street you are risking getting your window smashed. When I lived in Pittsburgh I had plenty of friends get their cars broken into in a nice middle-class neighborhood (Squirrel Hill). In most cities the free parking is likely to be out of high traffic areas. It's a risk you take.

Never leave anything that someone might think has any value visible. Someone could see a bag of dirty laundry and think there's a laptop in there, or an envelope with receipts and think it has cash in it. And as much of a pain as it may be, don't leave any charging cords or GPS mounts visible.

Edited by David Puddy

Great Game.

Frank Seravalli, Phila Daily News:

"New Jersey's run to the Stanley Cup finals last spring was so insignificant, so inconsequential for the team that has won more Cups in the last 17 years than the Flyers have in 45, that there was never even a mention of the Devil's Eastern Conference championship banner at the home opener. It was simply hanging in the rafters with the rest. Ho-hum."

Like DeBoer said- " There aren't any parades for second place." Unless you are in Philly.

fvckING. CLASSIC.

In any urban area, if you park your car on a side street you are risking getting your window smashed. When I lived in Pittsburgh I had plenty of friends get their cars broken into in a nice middle-class neighborhood (Squirrel Hill). In most cities the free parking is likely to be out of high traffic areas. It's a risk you take.

Never leave anything that someone might think has any value visible. Someone could see a bag of dirty laundry and think there's a laptop in there, or an envelope with receipts and think it has cash in it. And as much of a pain as it may be, don't leave any charging cords or GPS mounts visible.

Excellent tips. To add to that, just hiding the devices and cords isn't always enough.Those GPS mounts that use suction cups can leave a nice round mark on the windshield. To a thief, that's just as telling as leaving the GPS itself mounted to your windshield. Wipe it off before leaving your car.

man this all sucks so bad. lol i often park my car and i don't even lock the doors and i come back and nothing happened. Gotta love Canada

man this all sucks so bad. lol i often park my car and i don't even lock the doors and i come back and nothing happened. Gotta love Canada

That's because would-be Canadian robbers go outside, realize how friggin' cold it is, say "fvck this sh!t!", then run back inside and get under some (stolen) blankets.

TG reporting lines a bit different for todays practice.

Tedenby - Zajac - Kovalchuk

Zubrus - Elias - Clarkson

Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Barch - Josefson - Matteau

So Barch in/Cam out and Matteau switch sides. Teddy and Zubs switch lines. Just passing along the info and wanted it here for when I do tomorrow's GDT tongith ;)

Also wanted to add that Harrold and Larsson are skating at what would seem to be the "extra" defensive pairing again.

Salvador - Zidlicky and Tallinder - Volchenkov on D pairs now. I'd quote the tweets and link them but I'm at work. Work computer is denied access from social media sites. I'm sure you guys trust me though :P