Fayne to arbitration

ghdi

Why is this a good thing?

Why isn't it? He's not going to break the bank at arbitration and Lou can still lock him up before he even gets to the hearing. He's coming off surgery and we don't know how he will react.

We really should just buyout Barch now.

Everyone on this board said the same thing about Boulton... the 2nd year is a waste. I fail to see how having Barch on the team is somehow superior to Boulton... when neither can play hockey.

Im not a big Fayne fan... so I'm not worried about what we'll say to offend him... if we can sign him to a deal beforehand, so be it.

Yea, Im guessing around 2-2.5

If he was UFA I'd not be surprised if he got 3 or better.

WAY to high. I keep seeing that big fat open net whiff when I see his name.

WAY to high. I keep seeing that big fat open net whiff when I see his name.

And thats why you think its way too high. The guy is a solid player, didnt miss a game, eats up minutes, and is getting better the more he plays. He was one of our highest ranked players in terms of Corsi for the regular season (defensemen). He was also playing with a wrist injury in the Final.

I agree that whiff was absolutely horrendous, but its not enough to discount what he brings to us throughout the year.

Doubt he will leave. A solid young defense men. part of our future(I would hope)

I agree I liked him, but I also liked Tao. I guess Fayne brings the size and has obviously proven himself to be someone that can play the minutes and be trusted in clutch situations.

Yeah, I get mad when I think of that miss, I agree he is a quality player, I just don't see 3+ ... yet

I'll put him just under 2 for now. We shall see.

He'll get 2.5m I bet, should this make it to an actual arbitrator

woof! That'd be an awfully big jump in pay! Even approaching 2 will be HUGE.