22 replies to this topic

#1 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:05 PM

i probably missed something... could someone explian the obcession with Kool-aid to me please!!!
-Cal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of "Zajac's first playoff goal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of The Colorado Rockies

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

It's what Lou gives to all the players to make them like NJ. Basically it started a few years ago that the way he brainwashed them to like NJ was by giving them kool aid. Maybe someone else has more details about how it exactly started cause I forgot but what I said is the basics. :koolaid:

Posted Image

Edited by Satans Hockey, 05 July 2007 - 08:10 PM.

#3 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:10 PM

is that realy a fact... thats awesome!!!
-Cal

#4 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

is that realy a fact... thats awesome!!!

Lou doesn't really give them kool-aid, that we know of at least lol

but someone started that story on the board here awhile ago

Edited by Satans Hockey, 05 July 2007 - 08:12 PM.

#5 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:14 PM

It refers to the cult following where this man convinced a bunch of people (somewhere close to a thousand) to move to Jonestown and fed them kool-aid laced with cyanide. They all died.

Drinking the Kool-Aid: Following what your leader tells you and damn-well ENJOYING it, even if it kills you.

Oh, and why it's related to the Devils?

Mike Jefferson publicly stated he was not drinking Lou's kool-aid, saying he wouldn't be his puppet basically.

Ironically enough, he was too busy drinking Frost's kool-aid, more or less.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#6 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:17 PM

ok... did not understand that at all RD
-Cal

#7 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:21 PM

It refers to the cult following where this man convinced a bunch of people (somewhere close to a thousand) to move to Jonestown and fed them kool-aid laced with cyanide. They all died.

Drinking the Kool-Aid: Following what your leader tells you and damn-well ENJOYING it, even if it kills you.

Oh, and why it's related to the Devils?

Mike Jefferson publicly stated he was not drinking Lou's kool-aid, saying he wouldn't be his puppet basically.

Ironically enough, he was too busy drinking Frost's kool-aid, more or less.

Ill try to maybe explain it better I suppose....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

is what she is referring to about the cult following, where they killed people using a kool-aid laced with cyanide.

A player for us named Mike Danton(he changed it to Danton from Jefferson) stated in an article about how he wouldn't drink Lou's kool-aid cause he was mad we traded him.

Mike Danton got into a little trouble too and that is why she mentioned Frost. You can read about that here...

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Mike_Danton

Edited by Satans Hockey, 05 July 2007 - 08:23 PM.

#8 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

SC, we work well together.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#9 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

SC, we work well together.

:koolaid: :evil:

#10 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

:koolaid: :evil:

ooooh blast from the past -- you're not child, you're hockey now. My bad! :doh1:

#11 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:52 PM

ooooh blast from the past -- you're not child, you're hockey now. My bad! :doh1:

it's ok, I changed that a bit ago. I figured Hockey fit much better here lol

#12 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:15 PM

it's ok, I changed that a bit ago. I figured Hockey fit much better here lol

I think I've noticed it, but I tend to call posters by the name I remember them best for. If I remember correctly, weren't you originally FIRE ON ICE or something like that? Could be way off though...but I know you've been around here a while now.

#13 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

I think I've noticed it, but I tend to call posters by the name I remember them best for. If I remember correctly, weren't you originally FIRE ON ICE or something like that? Could be way off though...but I know you've been around here a while now.

I was always Satan's Child on here, changed to Satan's Hockey last May or so. Never was fire on ice though. I did have a s/n with something close to that though and yup been on here for awhile now.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 05 July 2007 - 09:30 PM.

#14 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:43 PM

I was always Satan's Child on here, changed to Satan's Hockey last May or so. Never was fire on ice though. I did have a s/n with something close to that though and yup been on here for awhile now.

Speaking of Kool aid, you should consider bringing back your old avatar. The flaming hand is cool but the family guy Kool-aid bit was the sh*t.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#15 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:54 PM

Speaking of Kool aid, you should consider bringing back your old avatar. The flaming hand is cool but the family guy Kool-aid bit was the sh*t.

:koolaid:

#16 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

:clap:

#17 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

Bah, all this explaining...just drink it and don't ask questions! :koolaid:

Yah, I remember a username like that too...you sure you didn't start on here with that username...you were a tad more controversial back then I think...
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#18 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:17 PM

Bah, all this explaining...just drink it and don't ask questions! :koolaid:
Yah, I remember a username like that too...you sure you didn't start on here with that username...you were a tad more controversial back then I think...

I'm pretty sure I was still always Satan's Child though at the time. I do admit I was a bit more loud and nasty back than. I've toned it down a whole lot since, probably because of all the kool-aid. :koolaid:

#19 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

:boogie:
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#20 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:18 AM

What's not to love about koolaid..it's only pennies a glass...Lou is still finding a way to cut the cost of theKoolaid though..you know, with the whole cap-era and all....
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users