Danis might start back-to-back games?

iamtheprodigy

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/danis_impresses_in_first_start_as_a_devil/

Yann Danis had to wait a while to make his first start as a Devil, but might be only a couple of days away from making his second.

The Devils backup goaltender made 31 saves tonight in a 2-1 victory over the Boston Bruins at TD Bank Garden and impressed Jacques Lemaire enough that the Devils coach didn

i would not be happy with this. it'd be like not giving rivera a save opportunity because he blew a game or two, and he's old. and marty hasn't even blown a game recently. definitely not blaming the last loss on him.

I don't think it would be a punishment for Brodeur, more like a bonus for Danis's good play. I don't think I'd give him the next game though, maybe one of the games next week.

It would be really interesting to see Marty's reaction if something like this actually happened. No coach has ever had the balls to do such a thing.

There's no reason to open that can of worms though, it's not like Marty's even been terrible since the first couple games of the season. Not to mention if Danis starts two in a row everyone's going to accuse the Devils of hiding something vis-a-vis Brodeur (i.e. an injury).

The closest I've seen though is when Burns played Schwab in two out of three games in '03, of course Schwab only got in like nine games total that season :P

There's no reason to open that can of worms though, it's not like Marty's even been terrible since the first couple games of the season. Not to mention if Danis starts two in a row everyone's going to accuse the Devils of hiding something vis-a-vis Brodeur (i.e. an injury).

The closest I've seen though is when Burns played Schwab in two out of three games in '03, of course Schwab only got in like nine games total that season :P

I'm with you. You know that wouldn't fly with Brodeur, but like you said, there is no point in doing that. Hopefully Danis just gets into a lot of back-to-back games.

Brodeur has full support from the coaching staff and management. This shouldn't be an issue, and I tend to agree with Tri about Lemaire's comments.

The way Danis played last night he deserves to start another game. I wouldn't mind seeing Danis play in Tampa Bay and give Brodeur some more rest because we all know Brodeur will now play a long string of games unless Lemaire does have a pair of balls to sit Brodeur for Danis. Just have a feeling we will see Brodeur between the pipes tomorrow afternoon in Tampa Bay.

The way Danis played last night he deserves to start another game. I wouldn't mind seeing Danis play in Tampa Bay and give Brodeur some more rest because we all know Brodeur will now play a long string of games unless Lemaire does have a pair of balls to sit Brodeur for Danis. Just have a feeling we will see Brodeur between the pipes tomorrow afternoon in Tampa Bay.

No he doesn't. Yes, he played well, but that's the job of a good backup: play well when called upon, regardless of how infrequent the appearances. Marty will have had 2 full days of "rest" and then some, come tomorrow's game. Tri is 100% right: Brodeur is the #1 and should start...as he should against the Caps, with the Devils getting three more off-days after Saturday's game.

Thats just Lemaire using the threat of Danis starting as a tool to fire Marty up. Give him a little push. No way Danis gets the start, but nothing wrong with planting a little seed. We'll see how Marty responds in Tampa...

Yea, I agree. I do like that Lemaire comes out and says it though, not as a slight to Marty, but it shows he has confidence in Danis.

...there's a greater chance in Scott Stevens coming out of retirement... signing a 1 year deal with the Rangers... announces to the world that he's gay.. (with Tie Domi being his lover) and tattoo's an image of a banana on his forehead. -vs- Yann Danis starting 2 games in a row for the Devils.

Edited by Beezer34