The Official UFA Breaking News Thread

Devilsdude530

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think the loss of Raflaski hurts Gionta more than the loss of Gomez. Gionta made his bones on the PP deflecting Raffy's shot/passes or banging home a rebound because Raffy was very good at shooting/passing where a Devil could tip it or where a rebound would be given up.

I actually think the loss of Raflaski hurts Gionta more than the loss of Gomez. Gionta made his bones on the PP deflecting Raffy's shot/passes or banging home a rebound because Raffy was very good at shooting/passing where a Devil could tip it or where a rebound would be given up.

Great observation.

I definitely think the Devils should entertain offers about Gionta. For reasons stated above his value is high and for a team looking to put a player with a great passer or to improve the powerplay, Gionta fits well. He is also one of the trade assets on the Devils who can really bring in a decent return.

I definitely think the Devils should entertain offers about Gionta. For reasons stated above his value is high and for a team looking to put a player with a great passer or to improve the powerplay, Gionta fits well. He is also one of the trade assets on the Devils who can really bring in a decent return.

Won;'t happen.

gionta is a 30+ goal scorer making $4M. he is ridiculously affordable and no replacement for him currently exists on the devils. while i'm open to trading anyone, i can't imagine a deal where the devils don't create a bigger hole in dealing gionta than they fill in whatever he brings in trade.

thoughts like gionta for ohlund or salo or a like minded defenseman don't make a lot of sense. if gionta is traded, a scoring winger must be coming back to offset the huge loss in offense and THAT doesn't make sense for the team acquiring gionta.

this is why the whole dealing a top 6 forward for a #2 or #3 defenseman should be dismissed immediately.

gionta is a 30+ goal scorer making $4M. he is ridiculously affordable and no replacement for him currently exists on the devils. while i'm open to trading anyone, i can't imagine a deal where the devils don't create a bigger hole in dealing gionta than they fill in whatever he brings in trade.

thoughts like gionta for ohlund or salo or a like minded defenseman don't make a lot of sense. if gionta is traded, a scoring winger must be coming back to offset the huge loss in offense and THAT doesn't make sense for the team acquiring gionta.

this is why the whole dealing a top 6 forward for a #2 or #3 defenseman should be dismissed immediately.

In addition to the fact that Gio is a hard worker and a leader. Who is going to replace his 30 goals? Tallackson? Zubrus?

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)

TRADE RUMOURS:

Canadiens talking to Stars,

Canucks have interest in Gionta,

Raycroft to Coyotes gaining momentum...Joseph to return to the Leafs..

Is Lou going to trade him in a package with Elias?

NO, once again Elias has a NO TRADE CLAUSE and why in the world would he want to go to Vancouver? Not happening for Elias.

NO, once again Elias has a NO TRADE CLAUSE and why in the world would he want to go to Vancouver? Not happening for Elias.

Because there's more Europeen than here with the Devils... :D

Seriously..I would see maybe Gionta gone into a trade..But not Elias.There's a reason why Lou locked him here..Its because he'll stay.

Because there's more Europeen than here with the Devils... :D

Seriously..I would see maybe Gionta gone into a trade..But not Elias.There's a reason why Lou locked him here..Its because he'll stay.

Yes TZ and Elias is very loyal to Lou so Lou will not trade Elias. I do not see Gionta going either in a trade.

Edited by SatansDevils

The only reason I can live with a Gio trade is if he is a put in a sentence with the word "Marleau" inside.

"The Devils traded forward Brian Gionta today to the Sharks for Marcel Goc, Marco Sturm, and a 2008 1st-round pick, freeing up cap space for the Sharks to re-sign Patrick Marleau".

Edited by Devilsdude530

If Gionta were overpaid I'd consider moving him. As it stands, it's senseless. I've never been Gionta's biggest fan but you're not going to get value for him.

I'd consider making something like a Gionta for Jovo deal, but why in the world would Phoenix do that?

If Gionta were overpaid I'd consider moving him. As it stands, it's senseless. I've never been Gionta's biggest fan but you're not going to get value for him.

I'd consider making something like a Gionta for Jovo deal, but why in the world would Phoenix do that?

Edited by CHICO IS GOD