GDT: Penguins @ Devils 7PM

PWW

Really happy they got the 2 points tonight after a tough loss last night where they deserved better. Devils battled hard in back to back games against 2 of the top teams, pretty happy right now. Amazing what Brodeur and Jagr are doing at their age.

exactly. We pretty much played even with two Of the top teams in the league (both considered legit cup contenders) a few better bounces last night and we at least have 3 points I'm these last 2 games.

All this and I still feel like we haven't played to our full potential yet.

Jagr is a great addition

Clowe was a Lou panic signing too much for too long.

Agree with Jagr

Disagree with Clowe being a panic move though. Yeah the contract sucks, but with the new 2 day interview window in this CBA Lou had time to look around and decide which moves he definitely wanted to make.

Any way though, great win by the boys. Pens are a very beatable team but it's still nice to beat a "top" team in our conference.

exactly. We pretty much played even with two Of the top teams in the league (both considered legit cup contenders) a few better bounces last night and we at least have 3 points I'm these last 2 games.

All this and I still feel like we haven't played to our full potential yet.

true true

ducks next theyre so fast

who gets in goal back to back ducks kings?

edit going with cory vs ducks marty vs kings

Edited by lazer

I'm really happy Jagr made his place here.  I'm only sad that he's so talented he can find his place just about anywhere - he reminds me of fist full of dollars guy.  Not that he's flat out mercenary but... he gets his job done and you feel a bond that you sadly know just isn't there for the long haul  :(

:evil:  make hay while the sun shines though  :woowoo:

EDIT:  yeah... I didn't think woowoo was a real smiley  :giggle: you kwow the one i mean...

Edited by Pepperkorn

The fact Kunitz got the 3rd start tonight is ridiculous.  I do think the bigger question is how did Greene get 2nd star?

lol really I was dumbfounded.  Greene's shot was a lucky floater that the Hyde version of MAF somehow let dribble in.  Jagr, Zubrus and Larsson all deserved stars before Greene or Kunitz.

The fact Kunitz got the 3rd start tonight is ridiculous.  I do think the bigger question is how did Greene get 2nd star?

Sure Greene's goal was lucky but he was excellent tonight and deserved the star. Was effective in a lot of tough minutes against Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis, led the team with 27:04 TOI with 6:27 of that being SH which ate 79.8% of the Devils PK time. Not a flashy game but a very effective one for him.

Sure Greene's goal was lucky but he was excellent tonight and deserved the star. Was effective in a lot of tough minutes against Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis, led the team with 27:04 TOI with 6:27 of that being SH which ate 79.8% of the Devils PK time. Not a flashy game but a very effective one for him.

I think Jagr deserved a star tonight.  Hell Zubrus too.  Kunitz is just an odd choice.

Kind of silly how Brodeur and Schneider have identical numbers and their records are so off.  Weird weird stuff.

Great win. Team defense has been great, but still so many guys that need to step up offensively, and the PP was pretty messy again. Really need Elias to find chemistry with someone now that the top line looks to be set for a while.

On another note: Looks like we are back with the 8 d-men problem if everyone eventually gets healthy. Kind of frustrating that we know 1 guy that automatically has a spot (Salvador) and one that will be looking on the outside (Fayne)  if/when everyone is healthy. 

Edited by devilsrule33

Yeah the PP is still a disaster but everything else is going just fine.  BTW I heard a lot yesterday about how the Devils can't win games like this, but they just did, and will do so provided they get the goaltending and the bounces.

Despite Jagr's two goals I thought this was his 2nd not great game in a row and I don't like the trend, NJ really needs him to be good on the puck.

PP really needs work, though.  I don't know if it's poor execution of the coach's plan or bad planning by the coaches but something has to change soon, because this is getting to horrible levels.

Really impressed with Brodeur lately, dunno how he's doing this, but he is.

Edited by Triumph

Kind of silly how Brodeur and Schneider have identical numbers and their records are so off.  Weird weird stuff.

Great win. Team defense has been great, but still so many guys that need to step up offensively, and the PP was pretty messy again. Really need Elias to find chemistry with someone now that the top line looks to be set for a while.

On another note: Looks like we are back with the 8 d-men problem if everyone eventually gets healthy. Kind of frustrating that we know 1 guy that automatically has a spot (Salvador) and one that will be looking on the outside (Fayne)  if/when everyone is healthy. 

Elias was invisible tonight.  I think Brunner and Ryder are close to breaking out.  Their effort hasn't been the problem. Brunner's doing good things on the forecheck, and Ryder has always been streaky.  Zajac is starting to get points which is a nice thing to see.  The problem with the PP is that nobody is shooting.  Too many times we're forcing it to the center and goal mouth area.  We're not getting to rebounds either.  Zidlicky is the biggest offender there.

I liked what I saw from a lot of players tonight. Larsson is really starting to look comfortable. Also, I don't think I've felt so good about Greene before. He's just so solid defensively. Elias seems like he still has some recovering to do, but I was really pleased with Zajac and Zubrus tonight.

But it's still somewhat troubling that Brunner and Ryder have yet to find a way to click in the system. You can tell that Brunner has really lost a lot of confidence lately, so his game has really worsened lately. Maybe PDB will continue to stick those two with Henrique and hope that they all find a way to get through their slumps together.

Yeah the PP is still a disaster but everything else is going just fine.  BTW I heard a lot yesterday about how the Devils can't win games like this, but they just did, and will do so provided they get the goaltending and the bounces.

Despite Jagr's two goals I thought this was his 2nd not great game in a row and I don't like the trend, NJ really needs him to be good on the puck.

PP really needs work, though.  I don't know if it's poor execution of the coach's plan or bad planning by the coaches but something has to change soon, because this is getting to horrible levels.

Really impressed with Brodeur lately, dunno how he's doing this, but he is.

I think they're both doing really good jobs in net, but at the same time, the seemingly random stupidity defensive play has stopped and they're doing a good job of protecting the goalies.   I'm not sure he's as "bad" as he was at the beginning of the season and I'm not sure he's as "unbeatable" as he looks now.   Just a good defensive team game.    

Had a lot of fun at this one. Glad to see we have at least one line that's clicking so well. Elias looked better tonight than last night but the rust is still obvious. Also, I can't stand him on the PP lately. He literally NEVER looks to shoot and half the time is standing facing AWAY from the net. It's infuriating. They need to shoot and get rebounds like they were doing early in the year.

Also, guess I gotta make sure I get on here to make the next GDT haha.

Had a lot of fun at this one. Glad to see we have at least one line that's clicking so well. Elias looked better tonight than last night but the rust is still obvious. Also, I can't stand him on the PP lately. He literally NEVER looks to shoot and half the time is standing facing AWAY from the net. It's infuriating. They need to shoot and get rebounds like they were doing early in the year.

Also, guess I gotta make sure I get on here to make the next GDT haha.

Jagr, Elias, and Zildicky all have a reluctance to shoot on the PP, and it's so annoying.  Teams are all over Gelinas, and he barely has any time to unleash his bomb.  In order for him to have enough time to get his shot off, others on the PP need to shoot.  Ryder is another one who barely has any time to rip one because defenders are all over him.  Teams know which guys are the shooters, and which guys like to pass.