2012-2013 NHL Playoffs

MDPucks

jesus christ!... and two people already that agrees with this??

MAF is TRASH and we need to stay away from him

I'm pretty sure he's joking. I seriously doubt MAF gets demoted to a back up role next year on any team.

Secondly, if PITT bought out MAF and we could sign him for cheap, MAF is way better than most of the back ups we've had.

..MAF has proven to be terrible, year after year.  Absolutely anti-clutch, regular season goalie.  Want nothing to do with him.  Can't believe some people do.

He would be a great backup. As a starter I would agree with you but give him less pressure and better defense and he would do just fine as a backup.

An argument  an be made that most cup winners have had at least one or two moments of staring into the abyss in order to withstand the stress of adversity in winning the cup (LA being the notable exemption last year unless you count nearly not making the playoffs).

Boston is case-and-point for this where you basically have 90% of their cup winning team still intact and is THE "Been there; Done that" team in the NHL.

2010: Bruins up 3-0 on Flyers but Krejci breaks bone in Game 3 rendering B's a 1-line team and they lose in 7.

2011: Bruins down 0-2 losing to Habs at home, win 2 in Montreal, then win 2 OT games in Boston including Game 7.

2011: Bruins win Game 7 classic goalie duel against Tampa in ECF.

2011: Bruins win cup after going down 0-2; come-back against Vancouver winning Game 7 on road. 

2013: Bruins win Game 7 against Leafs down 4-1 with 9 minutes left in 3rd period, score 2 goals with empty net, win in OT.

Pittsburgh has conquered very little adversity while being the media's darlings the last 3 seasons.  Sure Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, and Orpik all have a ring but the last 3 playoffs have ended in a train wreak with Pittsburgh being heavily favored:

2010:  Pens blow 3-2 series lead; implode in Game 7 at home against Montreal.

2011:  Pens blow 3-2 series lead; shut-out in Game 7 at home by Dwayne Roloson and Tampa.

2012:  Pens completely lose their minds dropping 1st round series to Philadelphia.

You can even apply this to Chicago coming back on Detroit winning in OT in Game 7 after believing their initial GWG was whistled down.

I think we are discussing this if he is bought out.

Oh I see, right that'd make more sense :lol:  

I have to stand by what I said, but..if he could be had at 3m / year as a backup (which I doubt he could be) then I'd potentially be open to it

And wow, those jersey's....not a fan.  I love how the Devils' has stayed the same, for the most part, since the beginning.