GDT: 4/24/12, Game 6 Quarterfinals Fla @ NJ

Derlique

I'm just happy to see the Devs win an elminiation game for the first time in forever... They reminded us several times, we went 5 straight potential, turned final, playoff elimination losses. Winning a game 6 elimination game was nice, winning game 7 will be better!

Has Kovy seemed in sync with anyone in his entire career?

Edit: Marc Savard, and I was exaggerating but it's rare.

Him and Dany Heatley were ridiculous together.

I love it. There's something funny about reading your comments and looking at the sh!t-eating grin of Claude Lemiuex.

This is so true - I have always thought his avatar makes his comments better. It's like they are more smartassy when you read them while looking at the fact of an a$hole.

You know for all of the "fvck you's" to the pessimists... just be happy we won. Stop the bullsh!t. We all have rights to be pessimistic. Carolina series anyone?

Yea this is true. I feel like its the inexperienced fans who are cursing off those who expressed doubts - it's immature.

Hedberg game 7

laugh.gif I say this as someone that thinks you are a valuable poster to this site: you have great comedic timing.

The thread's about what I expected it to be...a lot of criticisms, doom-and-gloom, some fans giving up even though the Devils never trailed. Such is life at njdevs.com. That being said, I can understand where it all comes from...this is not a team that inspires confidence right now...from Brodeur on out, it's so hard to tell what you're going to get from this group, almost from period to period. I couldn't begin to guess how Game 7 might go...it wouldn't surprise me if the Devils won, but it wouldn't surprise me if they found themselves down 3-0 halfway through the first period either. As a matter of fact, I don't think ANY Game 7 outcome would shock me at this point.

I had a feeling the Devils were going to pull it out last night after it got to be 2-2, though I have no idea why...last night had the look of a game that would have us all screaming "Good LORD how the fvck did they not win?!" by the time it ended, and when it went into OT, I was beyond nervous, but yet calm at the same time, strange as that may sound.

If they win Game 7, I'll admit that from then on, I think the Devils really are playing with house money.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Huge game, huge win. Now it's a best of 1. The Devils can absolutely win it. They need to play solid defense again, tighten up in their own zone (here's looking at Peter Harrold), and keep scoring. Just get more and more pucks on net, Clemmensen or Theodore it doesn't make a difference. They can absolutely win. Second round would be so sweet!

According to Sarah Kwak's gamer on SI.com, Bernier's goal last night was the fourth one this series scored by the fourth line. Considering that the fourth line scored all of, what, one goal (?) all regular season, that's pretty remarkable.

According to Sarah Kwak's gamer on SI.com, Bernier's goal last night was the fourth one this series scored by the fourth line. Considering that the fourth line scored all of, what, one goal (?) all regular season, that's pretty remarkable.

Can you imagine how it would have been if we used these guys on our 4th line from almost the start of the season instead of constantly starting either one or both of the Neanderthals that are currently sitting?

But it's not the 4th line of Janssen and Boulton doing it...

Bernier got 3rd star last night at the game... also, Stephen Gionta is showing great things in the playoffs for a 4th liner.

enough of the hybrid, its time for a big padded butterfly goalie with a fast glove. you shouldnt get eaten up by an on the ice wrister from the top of the circles, or even the slight redirect. you need to cover the ice surface

how many times has harrold made a sweet move behind the net, skates away, and then makes a horrible pass to fla? lol, patience son! still loving his quick play

if kovy clarkson and volch were anywhere near 100% this series wouldnt be close, but it is what it is

c'mon guys one more series

Well tonight is basically the pinnacle of my sporting year in terms of the teams i support. Devils face elimination and Chelsea take on Barcelona for a placen in the champions league final.

LETS GO DEVILS !!!!!!

I assume you have had worse nights in your life

the only way we win this game is by not allowing another SHOT the rest of the game. I've never seen a sack o crap goalie as finished as brodeur is right now. I don't care how much he wants to come back next year. He is absolutely finished and is holding this team back. With a competent goalie we are ahead 3-2 in the series right now and 2-0 in the game, ready to close this out. Instead it's the opposite

The rest of the team hasn't been perfect, but marty is the main culprit. And he needs to go

Were you even watching the game, or just checking the save%? Without a pair of huge saves by Marty in the first period, this never even would have been a game. The first goal was a deflected shot, and the second was an unmarked man (unmarked because Parise and Kovie were tripped without calls in the Panthers' zone). I understand that Brodeur wasn't challenged much, but he made all of the saves that we needed, and mostly controlled rebounds while doing so.