Brodeur Article, name dropping where he might want to play, reveals wh

'7'

I'll defend Marty for being upset about not getting a lot of playing time.

I'll defend Marty when he plays poorly.

I can't defend Marty for his recent antics.  When did Marty become such an egotistical douche?  In years past, he was always good at saying the right things to reporters. But he's done nothing but stick his foot in his mouth time after time after time.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but fvck YOU Marty!?

He couldn't have teed that one up any easier.  

Given how much he's been running his mouth it's actually pretty funny seeing Avery put him in his place.  Ugh, did I really just write that?  :yucky:

Yea Marty got what he deserved, but Sean Avery could have actually showed some restraint.  Not defending what Marty said in the slightest, but it's not like Marty said this on twitter out of the blue.  He was asked by a reporter, and we don;t know how much of the comment was sarcasm and whatnot.

Regardless, both are acting like children.  Difference is Sean has that reputation while Marty never did.

For many years Marty has been saying comments that were quite egotistical and have many times try to avoid responsibility and point fingers at other players when he should have pointed them at himself.  A lot of those were swept under the rug because he and the rest of the team were winning.  Now that he is no longer winning like he used it and is way past his prime, these comments are now becoming more and more obvious to even his bigger defenders.

This is why I have said before a few times while I appreciate Marty for what he has done for the Devils over the years, he personally is still not even in my personal top 15 or 20 all-time favorite Devils players.

Honestly the only thing seperating Marty from Favre is at least Favre didn't constantly talk about going to the Vikings while he was a Jet, even though the whole world already knew that's where he really wanted to go.

All this crap is making it much harder to root for the team itself...honestly as fans we're all caught between a rock and a hard place right now because of Marty. Having the team win means more Marty games which puts us closer to Cory demanding a trade and us holding the bag when Marty finally does retire, after another season of two holding our nose at his declining play.

Not to mention I'm wondering if Marty really does have one foot out the door why is Lou and company letting him get away with this overt insubordination?  The only reason you let him get away with this is if you're kissing his azz to try to keep him.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'll defend Marty for being upset about not getting a lot of playing time.

I'll defend Marty when he plays poorly.

I can't defend Marty for his recent antics.  When did Marty become such an egotistical douche?  In years past, he was always good at saying the right things to reporters. But he's done nothing but stick his foot in his mouth time after time after time.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but fvck YOU Marty!?

Thats a fact... You only see people's true colour when things are bad. Why would he say anything before? He was playing 70+ games. So as long he was happy, everything was fine. Now we see how selfish he really is

Whats frustrating is that eventhough hes pulling off those antics, deboer and lou still gives him bunch of starts while we should CLeARLY try to make cory happy

Honestly the only thing seperating Marty from Favre is at least Favre didn't constantly talk about going to the Vikings while he was a Jet, even though the whole world already knew that's where he really wanted to go.

All this crap is making it much harder to root for the team itself...honestly as fans we're all caught between a rock and a hard place right now because of Marty. Having the team win means more Marty games which puts us closer to Cory demanding a trade and us holding the bag when Marty finally does retire, after another season of two holding our nose at his declining play.

Not to mention I'm wondering if Marty really does have one foot out the door why is Lou and company letting him get away with this overt insubordination?  The only reason you let him get away with this is if you're kissing his azz to try to keep him.

No, Schneider's not demanding a trade.  Brodeur is leaving.  He wants to leave and so he is going.  More wins can only be good.

What could they do, though? Everyone knows it's a lame duck period. They are letting him talk as he walks out the door. No point fighting him. Lou knows he's frustrated and probably scared of the fact that he's done.

No, Schneider's not demanding a trade.  Brodeur is leaving.  He wants to leave and so he is going.  More wins can only be good.

But if he's leaving why are they letting him call the shots and be a public nuisance?  I know he's too big for them to call on the carpet but they can do one thing to punish him - not play him.  Not only are they not sitting him, they're bending over backwards finding excuses to play him.   You don't do that for a guy you want to be gone at the end of the season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

What could they do, though? Everyone knows it's a lame duck period. They are letting him talk as he walks out the door. No point fighting him. Lou knows he's frustrated and probably scared of the fact that he's done.

They could have traded him and ended this nonsense.  Or told him he's being benched if he doesn't stfu.

But if he's leaving why are they letting him call the shots and be a public nuisance?  I know he's too big for them to call on the carpet but they can do one thing to punish him - not play him.  Not only are they not sitting him, they're bending over backwards finding excuses to play him.   You don't do that for a guy you want to be gone at the end of the season.

It's a very weird situation. I mean if we were 5 points up on a playoff spot nobody would pay much attention to him starting tonight. But we are desperate for every point. And Pete's lame ass excuse tonight is that he's playing the goalie who's not tired? Our last game was SUNDAY!?

It's a very weird situation. I mean if we were 5 points up on a playoff spot nobody would pay much attention to him starting tonight. But we are desperate for every point. And Pete's lame ass excuse tonight is that he's playing the goalie who's not tired? Our last game was SUNDAY!?

Yeah I can't wait to see how he spins that rationalization when Marty plays tonight, Saturday and either Monday or Tuesday.  It's a moving target, whatever reason they can use to play him at the moment they will.  That's why I'm paranoid they'll trade Cory in the offseason to pacify him so Marty'll return.  Or we'll go on some miracle run to the playoffs and Cory'll want to go elsewhere where he can make his own legacy, he'll REALLY never be able to live up to the Marty legend if he goes on some last-ditch run this year.

They could have traded him and ended this nonsense.  Or told him he's being benched if he doesn't stfu.

I think Lou tried. There probably weren't many takers, especially once Minnesota went with Bryzgalov. As for benching, who knows. Cory should have been kept the starter as soon as it was clear he was outplaying Brodeur at the halfway point.

Yeah haha, gotta get in "fresh legs." I'm sure Schneider is completely exhausted and unable to play due to the game we played a fvcking week ago...

I'm waiting for something like

"Well, the elevator was broken Monday so Cory walked up 3 flights of stairs, and we want to keep him rested..."

• Like 1

Cory hasn't even played two games in a row since the break.  Small wonder it took him till Sunday to finally get going (when he was playing his second game in four days).  The fact Marty played two of the first four games since the break when Cory was dominant going into the break and won his first game out of the break tells you that something doesn't add up. 

I'm done defending Marty. He's gone way too far this time.

I imagine Deboer is cringing while saying that. It is clear that is following orders. Nice built in excuse to other teams if he gets canned this off-season too.

If Deboer gets fired, he'll probably be spitting  out save percentage (the stat he apparently doesn't believe in) to every GM out there. "I went from Stanley Cup Finalist coach to a team that lost Parise, Kovalchuk, another 30-goal scorer, another 20-goal scorer, no offense, bottom 5 goaltending, and we weren't even half bad. If we could have won in the shootout, we might have been a playoff team."

I don't think DeBoer is being forced to play Brodeur tonight, I really, really don't.  Nothing about how the starts have been split this season suggests that.

why isn't Lou stepping in to stop the insanity then and ordering Pete to play Cory more?

How can he be oblivious to something so obviously wrong (and yes I remember how long he stuck with Odeleins incompetence)

I don't think DeBoer is being forced to play Brodeur tonight, I really, really don't.  Nothing about how the starts have been split this season suggests that.

There's certainly a marked difference between the way Pete was playing Brodeur (re: not playing him) before the break and what happened immediately after it.  Lou's definitely complicit, one way or another.