Brodeur Article, name dropping where he might want to play, reveals wh

'7'

Actually in your first example, I just meant they'd move the SS prospect to the other position, not Jeter.  You're right though...if he was bad enough over a long period it could turn into a 'should Jeter be benched' in general debate as opposed to just benching him for any specific player.

As a huge Yankees fan and big Jeter guy, it has worked out because Derek defied logic by staying healthy most of his career. Despite playing a tough position, he was able to start most games and still produce. The brilliance of Jeter has been his leadership and professionalism. He's so team oriented. Though once the injuries started, it changed everything probably making him reconsider hanging around. It's a lot more work rehabbing and preparing for the season. Rivera's final year definitely had an impact. I'm glad this is it for him but of course also sad. DJ is the last of our generation. A throwback player who could've played in any era.

I have a decent amount of friends that watch almost every game and still think Brodeur deserves to be the #1 and that he isn't finished. Like NJDevs4978 said, for a lot of people, their love and respect for Brodeur clouds their judgement.

In many aspects, it reminds me of the conclusion of Messier's career. He returned the second time and it was a disaster. He always got too much ice-time and took minutes away from players they brought in and younger players. I shudder to think what might've been if 2004-05 wasn't canceled. There will always be diehards who will remain loyal to the bitter end with legendary stars. It's very easy for that to cloud their judgment and what's best for a franchise moving forward. Ironically, Ottawa made that difficult decision with Alfredsson letting him walk to Detroit. They replaced him with Ryan, who played hurt before his season ended. However, it hasn't worked out. The Sens are one of the league's most disappointing teams. Sometimes, it's hard to replace that leadership.

This ignores every conceivable fact and substitutes with imagination. Marty didn't play again until Cory sh!t the bed. Saying, "Lou did this because well, just cause..." is not a valid argument.

Marty played the second game after the Olympics after Cory WON the first game back.  Marty played the fourth game after the Olympics after Cory suffered a tough loss to the Sharks that wasn't his fault.  Cory didn't sh!t the bed until his third post-Olympic start but they were splitting games from the hop (Marty was already slated to start in Carolina win, lose or draw for Cory in Detroit).  Essentially the first start to be affected by Cory's bad play was the Philly game, after they'd already split six games.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You're molding the facts to fit your statements. Marty started on March 1st vs. the Isles so Cory could start March 2nd vs. the Sharks. Cory got the home game and the more important game. "Cory suffered a tough loss to the Sharks." Again, mold the facts. Cory allowed 4 goals on 22 shots that game; a save pct. of .818. Cory's previous game, he had a save pct. of .895. Marty posted a .947 in his game vs. the Isles so Pete decided to put him back in the rotation after not playing for a month and only a few games in the month before that (Cory played double in Jan.) Some theory you have here, when Cory doesn't play it's Lou's fault but when only Cory was playing that was Pete's choice. 

I digress. So Marty got the next March start on the 4th vs. Detroit. This was an alternation based on Cory's drop in play. Marty was not very good, he put up an .870 vs. the Wings. Cory got the next start on March 7 and proceeded to let in more goals, 7, than Marty did in the Yankee Stadium game, 6. Did Cory get benched like Marty did? Nope. Marty played the next day (obviously) and wasn't great with an .879. However, in his previous 3 games, Cory put up an .803 save pct. So Marty got March 11th in which he put up a .968 save pct. Nonetheless, Cory got the next start. He put up an .810, bringing his post-break four game total to a whopping .804. Still though, Cory gets to play after just 2 starts by Marty because Marty put up a .906 and an .871 in those games. What does Cory do? Puts up an .870, bringing his post-break 5 game total up to a mind-bendingly great .817. Still, the 2 goalies are alternating.

Let's eliminate all of that though. How about the past 4 games? 2 starts for Cory (against the Islanders and Maple Leafs) and he puts up a .930. 2 starts for Marty (against the Rangers and Coyotes) and he puts up a .943. This is not a mystery folks; people are just getting carried away.

Now, trivia question: Did I argue that Marty is the better goalie?

Answer: No. My only point is to address the ridiculous assertions being made here and all over the board.

Edited by Neb00rs

Fact is Marty played two back-to-back games and a non back-to-back that had very little to do with Cory's performance.  And Marty wasn't even playing back-to-backs before the Olympics so it wasn't an automatic split heading into the break.  It shouldn't have been an automatic split the first six games after the break.  He was announced as the starter for the Isle game before Cory even played the Jackets.  He was given the start for the Tuesday Wings game (at that point the most important of the season mind you) clearly in part because of all the trade speculation.  Then he was given the Canes game on Saturday before the Wings game on Friday.  Spin it any way you want, it was premeditated...and Pete wasn't announcing starters a full game in advance before the break for the most part.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Fact is Marty played two back-to-back games and a non back-to-back that had very little to do with Cory's performance.  And Marty wasn't even playing back-to-backs before the Olympics so it wasn't an automatic split heading into the break.  It shouldn't have been an automatic split the first six games after the break.  He was announced as the starter for the Isle game before Cory even played the Jackets.  He was given the start for the Tuesday Wings game (at that point the most important of the season mind you) clearly in part because of all the trade speculation.  Then he was given the Canes game on Saturday before the Wings game on Friday.  Spin it any way you want, it was premeditated...and Pete wasn't announcing starters a full game in advance before the break for the most part.

This ignores everything I have just pointed out and replaces it with spin. Saying 'fact is' proves nothing. The FACT is that none of what you have provided is fact. I have provided clear numbers that demonstrated no conspiracy (especially on the part of Lou) and a completely clear reasoning for the alternation in starts. Your OP  and this post of yours are a complete reach to save the point. I will wait on evidence, but I have already provided all of it.

They announced Brodeur as the starter a game in advance for two straight back-to-backs...this IS fact, not opinion.  

If you want to post numbers how about Cory's numbers before the break?  So after Cory dominated going into the break and won his first game coming out of it, then Marty gets two of the next three games?  How does that make any sense?  

Edited by NJDevs4978

They announced Brodeur as the starter a game in advance for two straight back-to-backs...this IS fact, not opinion.  

If you want to post numbers how about Cory's numbers before the break?  So after Cory dominated going into the break and won his first game coming out of it, then Marty gets two of the next three games?  How does that make any sense?

I am not denying any of Cory's pre-break numbers. I have no bias on the subject. What do his pre-break numbers have to do with anything? He has not been put into the backup's role at all because of how well he played - unlike Marty for whom it only took one game for that to happen. I posted the numbers I did, because again, they clearly show reason behind the starts.

This is probably why I correctly predicted the starter for the last few games now while everyone else acts so surprised: not because of some great secret I know but because I am taking an honest, objective look at the situation. At this point I feel like you are trying to justify what you have surprisingly learned is not true.

Edit: And as such. it is clear why Marty started those 2 games. Clear. See: My OP.

Edited by Neb00rs

If you think Marty was put into the backup role based on 'one' game when his save percentage for the season was below .900 I don't know what to tell you other than you're the one showing bias.  Cory was already the starter six of the previous eight games before the Yankee Stadium sideshow.

And btw I'm haven't been genuinely 'surprised' at who the starter's been for the majority of games since the break either.  But you attributing it solely to stats is nieve...save percentage numbers weren't determining who was starting earlier in the season.  Plus you're comparing save percentage stats in single games against the Islanders and Sharks as if they were equal difficulty.

Edited by NJDevs4978

If you think Marty was put into the backup role based on 'one' game when his save percentage for the season was below .900 I don't know what to tell you other than you're the one showing bias.  Cory was already the starter six of the previous eight games before the Yankee Stadium sideshow.

And btw I'm haven't been genuinely 'surprised' at who the starter's been for the majority of games since the break either.  But you attributing it solely to stats is nieve...save percentage numbers weren't determining who was starting earlier in the season.  Plus you're comparing save percentage stats in single games against the Islanders and Sharks as if they were equal difficulty.

No, my point is that one blow up game was the straw that did it - that saw Marty not starting at all. Cory had multiple below .900 games before his .788, 7-goal game. 

I am not comparing stats from any one game vs. another. I am comparing stats from all the games vs. each other. Marty's starts against the Rangers and Coyotes with a .943 must be so much better than Cory's starts against the Maple Leafs and Islanders with a .930 right? NO! Nor did I make that claim because I don't think it's worthy to do so.

Point is, you need to prove that there was collusion on the part of Lou, and you have not done that. My numbers serve to dispel the notion in clear terms and I think they serve to do that. 

Have we discussed his latest comments on the board?

His requirements are simple.

“I’m not going to sit more than I sit this year. That’s not something I want,” Brodeur said. “If I come back, it’s not a question of money. It’s because I still love it and I still enjoy the game.

“And I want to be in a position to have another shot (at winning), no matter what role I’m in. To me it would seem empty to leave without having a chance of winning something. Hopefully it will be this year and that will change a lot about my decision and what I’m going to do in my future.”

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/03/committed_to_testing_market_martin_brodeur_wonders_if_devils_would_want_him_back_next_season.html

He's leaving.  I think what will end up happening is that he waits - hey, the media'll be talking about him all the time, but Brodeur doesn't pay attention to that stuff, he just sits down with reporters all the time because he's being honest - until someone gets hurt and he can be a starter somewhere for a while.  He'll do that, likely be bad, and retire.

He's leaving.  I think what will end up happening is that he waits - hey, the media'll be talking about him all the time, but Brodeur doesn't pay attention to that stuff, he just sits down with reporters all the time because he's being honest - until someone gets hurt and he can be a starter somewhere for a while.  He'll do that, likely be bad, and retire.

His demands are ridiculous. Wants more games than this year on a solid team. People all over the league are laughing at it.

They mentioned in a bit in Ottawa during the intermission because of Anthony's comments and his comments today, and it is joke after joke.

I love that he thinks that like we've oppressed him by "only" giving him half the starts. He's in for a cruel fvcking wake-up call.

His demands are ridiculous. Wants more games than this year on a solid team. People all over the league are laughing at it.

They mentioned in a bit in Ottawa during the intermission because of Anthony's comments and his comments today, and it is joke after joke.

A bit, like  a comedy bit? ... What were Anthony's comments?

I dunno if Anthony said anything to the media, i doubt it, but Marty claims that Anthony wanted him to play in Ottawa so he could stay at his dad's house, so that's probably what they are talking about.  You might've forgotten that because it's hard to keep track of the 'Where I'd play other than New Jersey' articles that have been penned by the media w/ direct quotes from Brodeur in the last 2 weeks.

Edited by Triumph

A bit, like  a comedy bit? ... What were Anthony's comments?

Ha...just an intermission segment. Brodeur told the media that his twins want him to go to the Wild and Anthony wants him to come to Ottawa.

Fans in Ottawa were just laughing about that thought with him wanting to be a starter and not being good and all.

BTW...

From training camp:

“I’m just going to play this year,” Brodeur said after taking his training camp physical this morning at Prudential Center. “I’m not going to comment on ‘Yes, I will’ or ‘Yes, I won’t’ (retire). So, you can tell your friends around the league they don’t have to ask that question. I’m not going to tell anybody if I’m going to retire or not until I make a decision of coming back or not.” - See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/martin_brodeur_doesnt_plan_to_discuss_whether_hell_retire_during_this_season/#sthash.fUgxylOY.dpuf

Edited by devilsrule33

Marty's still yapping.

But seriously, Randy Miller and, to a lesser extent, Chere are really milking this for all it's worth.  They obviously have nothing better to write about at this point.

Yes, and your point is?  Brodeur gives them fresh quotes on it every day.  If he didn't, Chere would just be rehashing the same nonsense - he's not, because Brodeur gives them 3 new things.

The irony is that I'd be way more upset if Brodeur were still good and talking like this.  

Yeah, it's getting hard to keep track of this "Marty said" stuff, LOL. But seriously, I'd like to see that Ottawa Senators clip.

Nothing major about the discussion, but rather the Sens fans' reactions to the idea.

Adnan troll/rodent @sens_adnan 4h

Does Martin Brodeur want his youngest son to think his dad is an AHL player?

Travis Yost @TravisHeHateMe 4h

Sportsnet has 10,000 better things to touch on this intermission. "Where will this terrible goalie end up?!" not on that list.

Travis Yost @TravisHeHateMe 3h

Congrats Marty, you want to be a starter and won't accept anything less. Only problem is you are a sieve, so no one cares.

Bonk's Mullet @BonksMullet 3h

Poor Martin Brodeur. Never go full Brett Favre.

Ouch.

Edited by devilsrule33

Nothing major about the discussion, but rather the Sens fans' reactions to the idea.

Adnan troll/rodent ‏@sens_adnan 4h

Does Martin Brodeur want his youngest son to think his dad is an AHL player?

Travis Yost ‏@TravisHeHateMe 4h

Sportsnet has 10,000 better things to touch on this intermission. "Where will this terrible goalie end up?!" not on that list.

Travis Yost ‏@TravisHeHateMe 3h

Congrats Marty, you want to be a starter and won't accept anything less. Only problem is you are a sieve, so no one cares.

Bonk's Mullet ‏@BonksMullet 3h

Poor Martin Brodeur. Never go full Brett Favre.

Ouch.

Its sad. Everyone in the world can see it except him...