NHL 13 GM Connected League

njd3b1ink

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Hey, i tried to add this gamertag today and it said it was not valid. im Wondering if you possibly misspelled it? Let me know when u see this.

Sorry for the trouble and hassle. It's not your fault it's mine. It's UnsayingRhyme07. My bad apologies!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so the game comes out tomorrow and i was wondering how many of us will be getting it then. I set up the league already cause i had the early release and so far either 6 or 7 players have joined. I have also attempted to friend request everyone but some people have yet to accept. Again my gamertag is NJD3. The reason im asking about when everyone is getting it is because im hoping to start the league either tomorrow or wednesday. If everyone could respond and say when they are picking up the game it wud be greatly appreciated. I know some people were tempted to start games already, so the quicker we can start this the better. If you want to join the league its called THE NHL. Just go to GM Connected and press search leagues and type that in. More than one will show up but just find the that says the commisioner is NJD3.

One final thing, i got ur message believeinbrodeur and i sent ur gamertag a friend request. So you should be set now.

Thanks Everyone

Probably not till the weekend. My girlfriend got it for me for our anniversary and I won't see her till then

As long as it wont be a couple weeks. Thanks for posting, and letting us know. The original kid who wanted to be the flyers asked my brother the other day if we cud wait a month for him. Someone else is playing as the flyers now. Haha

Well not to be selfish, but I hoep at least two people fall out of the league (I think I am the second fill-in right now...lol)

Also wondering what peoples thoughts are on the game? I pciked it up yesterday on my way home, but didn't get a chance to play it yet. I had a stupid flag football game and when i got home I was two sore to even pick up a controller... I can't wait to play for a few hour tonight!

Well not to be selfish, but I hoep at least two people fall out of the league (I think I am the second fill-in right now...lol)

Also wondering what peoples thoughts are on the game? I pciked it up yesterday on my way home, but didn't get a chance to play it yet. I had a stupid flag football game and when i got home I was two sore to even pick up a controller... I can't wait to play for a few hour tonight!

i think a few people will drop out. Unfortunately i think one team that might open up wud be the blue jackets. But if they are available and dont mind playing as them then u can have em. Ill let u guys know for sure this weekend if teams are available.

As far as the game goes, its a huge improvement from last year, and a big step forward in the franchise. In previous years a kid that played alot in HUT or EASHL could win even if they werent that good. It seems like they have leveled out the playing field and now it comes down to skill. Only complaint i have is the hitting. That shud get tweeked for next years game.

i think a few people will drop out. Unfortunately i think one team that might open up wud be the blue jackets. But if they are available and dont mind playing as them then u can have em. Ill let u guys know for sure this weekend if teams are available.

As far as the game goes, its a huge improvement from last year, and a big step forward in the franchise. In previous years a kid that played alot in HUT or EASHL could win even if they werent that good. It seems like they have leveled out the playing field and now it comes down to skill. Only complaint i have is the hitting. That shud get tweeked for next years game.

I will take whoever is available... hell the goal of the GM mode is to make you team as good as possible over the long haul... It may be more fun to try to run with a team like Columbus and see how much they can improve.

I need to play a lot more games before the season kicks in...

I'm having difficulties playing D in this game, and keep having the same exact goal scored on me. Winger comes down one side... takes a massive shot, and Brodeur gives up a huge rebound and the opposite winger/center has an empty net tap in goal.

I was never good at goal scoring... so defense is the only thing I got :) 2-1 games is my norm.

I will take whoever is available... hell the goal of the GM mode is to make you team as good as possible over the long haul... It may be more fun to try to run with a team like Columbus and see how much they can improve.

Cool, if teams drop out i will definitely message u jwomp. Once the league get started this weekend, im ganna have it so everyone needs to play 2 weeks worth of NHL schedule in 1 week. If eveyone is finishing their games sooner than a week, ill make it 2 weeks worth of NHL schedule need to be completed. The sooner games can be done the quicker seasons will go buy which means teams that have alot of prospects will get better. That way the bad teams like the oilers improve alot. It will be more fair

which means teams that have alot of prospects will get better. That way the bad teams like the oilers improve alot. It will be more fair

I also expect some teams to trade for that talent as well... Im sure we'll see some additional parity in the first season.

I didn't get last years game, and with the long layoff from playing and the new feel of the game, I am having a tough time... Any tips?

Keep playing. If playing against others online, take note of how they score against you... and if someone is frustrating you with their D... figure out how they are positioning, poke checking, etc

In the last couple of version it seems they were real big on passing and one timers... this year, so far... it seems like the emphasis is a lot more on shot selection and positioning around the net (rebounds).

Also, with the new skating, you need to be smart in how you move. They dumped the unrealistic stopping on a dime, sharp cut... stop again, cut again... all at full speed. You'll see your momentum just vanish and unable to maintain speed. Especially if you're looking to level someone. You'll give up a breakaway 9 times out of 10.