NHL 13 GM Connected League

njd3b1ink

Yeah, I'll definitely take any team that opens up. I'm still getting used to the feel of the game compared to NHL 12, but I really like it and definitely want to be a part of the GM Connected League. I will take any team, just want to get a spot and get going!

Add me on Xbox Live in the meantime (my gamertag is jwomp).

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, just an idea, but maybe you should update the original post to include the team, gamertag, AND NJDevs ID.

It would be great (especially to see easily how much of this league is represented by NJDevs)

No one will ever guess mine... muhahaha muhahhaha... awkward pause. muhahahahaha.

Keep playing. If playing against others online, take note of how they score against you... and if someone is frustrating you with their D... figure out how they are positioning, poke checking, etc

In the last couple of version it seems they were real big on passing and one timers... this year, so far... it seems like the emphasis is a lot more on shot selection and positioning around the net (rebounds).

Also, with the new skating, you need to be smart in how you move. They dumped the unrealistic stopping on a dime, sharp cut... stop again, cut again... all at full speed. You'll see your momentum just vanish and unable to maintain speed. Especially if you're looking to level someone. You'll give up a breakaway 9 times out of 10.

sed to always go for the checks, but now I find myself getting in the lanes and blocking shots/passes instead.

All I need now is someone to drop out of the league so I can get in...lol

Also, just an idea, but maybe you should update the original post to include the team, gamertag, AND NJDevs ID.

I will check that out later. From what i know, i think 1 person is from hf boards, 3 people are friends that arent part of any forum, and then there are probably 13ish from njdevs, and 13ish from a sim hockey league

Ok, so there are a few people that haunt either added me on xbox, or havnt told me if they are getting the game soon or not. Remember we want to start by monday at the latest. If I do not hear from someone then that team will open up this weekend for someone else to take.

RunninWithTheDevil (Wah Dah Ta) - You added me on Xbox, but i have not heard if you are still planning on playing and if you are getting the game soon.

BelieveInBrodeur (UnsayingRhyme07) - You havnt accepted my friend request yet, and I havnt heard if you are still interested in playing and if you will have the game soon

Devilsfan118 (Devilsfan118x) - You havnt accepted my friend request yet, and I havnt heard if you are still interested in playing and if you will have the game soon.

I need to know ASAP, if you guys are playing. There are alot of people asking me when we can start up, and also people asking if they can get in the league.

Edited by njd3b1ink

So it looks like the teams that might become available are the Coyotes, Sharks, Islanders, and Red Wings.

I would love to take over any team, but the Sharks would be my top pick (as they are my favorite Western Conference team and I probably would have picked them second after the Devils anyway).

Ill talk to my friend he told me 2 days ago he was gettin it either today or tomorrow if he wont get it within those 2 days ur than more than welcomed to add a new owner

Alright, thanks. I dont want to kick anyone out but alot of people want to start, and there are plenty of people who want to play and will be active. I dont want everyone to have to wait awhile, so im trying to figure everything out.

So it looks like the teams that might become available are the Coyotes, Sharks, Islanders, and Red Wings.

I would love to take over any team, but the Sharks would be my top pick (as they are my favorite Western Conference team and I probably would have picked them second after the Devils anyway).

The kings and the blue jackets look like they will become available also

Alright, thanks. I dont want to kick anyone out but alot of people want to start, and there are plenty of people who want to play and will be active. I dont want everyone to have to wait awhile, so im trying to figure everything out.

The kings and the blue jackets look like they will become available also

Haha I don't know if I have it in me to take the Kings. The Cup loss is going to sting for a long, long time. Just kidding though, I'd be happy to be in the league as any team.

njd3b1ink was ducking me last night... it's true, it's true. (ie XBox Live was acting up and wouldn't let us connect to each other head to head)

I think I'm where I need to be to start... now it's time to learn the Canucks depth players and how to use em... anyone can play with the Sedins, etc :)

njd3b1ink was ducking me last night... it's true, it's true. (ie XBox Live was acting up and wouldn't let us connect to each other head to head)

I think I'm where I need to be to start... now it's time to learn the Canucks depth players and how to use em... anyone can play with the Sedins, etc :)

Hey Ayl....

you looking to make a trade for some forwards?????

Haha it was strange too, cause i was playing my friend who is the pens like 10 minutes before you invited me and it was working fine. Ill just blame him and say he screwed up the servers. Damn pens fan

So around midnight, the teams that havnt contacted me will become open. So far i have 2 two definite open teams. I will not say which ones are open tho cause ill just go in order of who asked to me in. We are going to start playing monday. I think smantaz is the stars and he he said he wud be getting it monday, so until he joins do not play the stars if u have a game against them. Ill post again tonight when i know for sure which teams are available.

So around midnight, the teams that havnt contacted me will become open. So far i have 2 two definite open teams. I will not say which ones are open tho cause ill just go in order of who asked to me in. We are going to start playing monday. I think smantaz is the stars and he he said he wud be getting it monday, so until he joins do not play the stars if u have a game against them. Ill post again tonight when i know for sure which teams are available.

Awesome! I'll be sure to check back here at midnight, assuming I'm one of the two you're referring to. Thanks!!

Awesome! I'll be sure to check back here at midnight, assuming I'm one of the two you're referring to. Thanks!!

yes you are. there is a kid who signed up for team and someone accidently took his team, so he is actually getting first pick at a team, and then you, and then KAZ. there should deff be a team for all of you. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 6 open teams tonight

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

How do I play online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Says I need an Online pass and saw that the season ticket costs 25$ I don't want to pay fro s**t I already payed for Xbox Live. Can I still play with you guys?!

How do I play online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Says I need an Online pass and saw that the season ticket costs 25$ I don't want to pay fro s**t I already payed for Xbox Live. Can I still play with you guys?!

the online pass should be in the case. Its just a code that you gotta put in. i saw that you accepted my friend request and got them game. if u can go back on asap, and put in the online pass code and join the league that would be awesome

When you open the game case there should be a print out that says Online Pass or Online Pass Code on it. From there you can either imput the online pass by going to "redeem code" in the xbox menu, or go to "code entry" which is in the nhl13 game in one of the menus. Once you put the code in it should allow u to play online. From that point you go to GM Connected and search leagues. Type in "THE NHL" and find the league that has "NJD3" as the commissioner. Click that league and select the Yotes as your team and i will accept it.

yes you are. there is a kid who signed up for team and someone accidently took his team, so he is actually getting first pick at a team, and then you, and then KAZ. there should deff be a team for all of you. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 6 open teams tonight

So happy that it looks like I may be able to get in the league! I think it will be so much better to be in a league where you know people through this board, rather than join some random league on the EA site... Thanks for setting this all up and running the league njd3b1ink