2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

It was my brother's birthday last night. So, we ate out dinner and then hung out with close friends. I saw the madness all over Twitter. It doesn't surprise me. Guys like Scott don't belong in hockey. The Sabres were down 2 goals. And Ron Rolston sent his goon out. For what purpose? I pinned the blame on Rolston for the circus with Kessel even if Carlyle had last change. Now, when there was no reason for it, there's Scott delivering the kind of cheapshot that doesn't belong in the game. I devoted an entire post on the blog. I say he deserves to be suspended either 20 or 40 games. Shanahan must throw the book at him. One day someone is going to get killed.

Edited by Derek21

Maybe it's being someone who is used to pre-lockout hockey, but my biggest problem with that play is distance he covered and the angle.   The hit, not so much, it sucks, but when you're 6'8" in a league full of 5'10"-6'0" players, when you hit people, you're hitting them in the head.   Whether you want to or not.

You can't hit people in the head anymore, so he goes home for the night and gets suspended.   And that's the end of that.   But if it was a head on play, it wouldn't bother me that much, to be honest.   My only problem with it is that he gave Loui no chance at all coming from the angle he did.

Maybe it's being someone who is used to pre-lockout hockey, but my biggest problem with that play is distance he covered and the angle.   The hit, not so much, it sucks, but when you're 6'8" in a league full of 5'10"-6'0" players, when you hit people, you're hitting them in the head.   Whether you want to or not.

You can't hit people in the head anymore, so he goes home for the night and gets suspended.   And that's the end of that.   But if it was a head on play, it wouldn't bother me that much, to be honest.   My only problem with it is that he gave Loui no chance at all coming from the angle he did.

I get that hitting is difficult in this fast game, but Scott could quite easily have adjusted his path and caught Eriksson primarily in the shoulder. Maybe he'd made contact with the head, but it'd been considered a clean check by today's standards, unless I'm forgetting how they judge the angle a guy takes. 

I get that hitting is difficult in this fast game, but Scott could quite easily have adjusted his path and caught Eriksson primarily in the shoulder. Maybe he'd made contact with the head, but it'd been considered a clean check by today's standards, unless I'm forgetting how they judge the angle a guy takes. 

Exactly.  He could've easily hit his side first, but went for the head.

I'm honestly kind of surprised Scott had the ability to line up a moving target like that.   It's eerie how similiar it is to the Stevens/Lindros hit.

and the rangers continue to suck even worse then us.. if that makes anyone feel better they got beat by the sh!t flyers.. not that i want to see the flyers walk away with any wins either but i guess if its gotta be one or the other.... naaa who am i kidding i dont want the flyers winning just as bad as i dont want the rangers winning last night was just a losing situation all the way around! but hey... atleast we got one point right

Ugh, this Rangers-Habs game is unbearably boring... Well-played by the Habs to keep it that way considering this is Rangers' big homecoming game. Refs are barely letting them play, some terrible calls, mostly bad calls on the Rangers believe it or not.

Super boring, but Habs winning for now..

For all this overhyped "Garden Transformed" stuff...I still think the Devils jumbotron is better than the Rangers

would love to hear about the finer details of this renovation. Did they shove the "cheap" seats further into the rafters? Are the concourses wider? Food options more numerous? More bathrooms? Cleaner bathrooms (MSG was notorious for bathroom lines that went way out the door)

habs still blanking them with a minute to go looks like the rags will lose this one.. just the way i like to see it

Hard to believe, but with the exception of Brad Richards (5 goals), each player who has played in all 10 Rangers games has yet to tally more than one goal. 

As much as I'd like to see this go on all year, I've got to think that the Rangers WILL get it going...they're not THIS bad.  And as bad as they've been, they've managed to put up three wins somehow.  3-7 is pretty good for a team that's been outscored 35-15 through 10 games. 

The rangers just don't have any offensive depth. Even with Nash and Callahan. Without them they are just hoping to win a bunch of 1-0 and 2-1 games.

Problem is lundquist and probably to a greater extent their defensive system has been allowing much more than that.

Funny thing is they got rid of a coach and system that catered to this type of roster only to bring in a new coach and system that needs better high end offensive talent.

Hard to believe, but with the exception of Brad Richards (5 goals), each player who has played in all 10 Rangers games has yet to tally more than one goal. 

As much as I'd like to see this go on all year, I've got to think that the Rangers WILL get it going...they're not THIS bad.  And as bad as they've been, they've managed to put up three wins somehow.  3-7 is pretty good for a team that's been outscored 35-15 through 10 games. 

I'd agree with you if I saw them actually trying. But outside of the Red Wings game, their effort is just NOT there. The Devils and even the Flyers are at least putting in the effort; in the Devils' case, a ton of effort (which is not going unnoticed in the media). Not sure what's going on in the Rangers locker room but it's pretty bad. Their compete level is as low as I've ever seen them.

Frank Isola tweeted this out earlier....lol

"For those at transformed MSG unable to see the scoreboard because your view is obstructed by the Chase Bridge...Final: Montreal 2, Rangers 0"

AMAZING.

Edited by DJ Eco