The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Crosby grab bag from meigray... They raised the price to $595 plus $20 fro shipping. I'm debating it, the value of the other jerseys are a bit more, but the chance to get a Crosby means a chance at a Brodeur or at least I think so.

Any one grab baggin?

No way! The only way I'd ever consider doing a grab bag is if there was an actual Brodeur as the grand prize.

Crosby grab bag from meigray... They raised the price to $595 plus $20 fro shipping. I'm debating it, the value of the other jerseys are a bit more, but the chance to get a Crosby means a chance at a Brodeur or at least I think so.

Any one grab baggin?

I wouldn't bother either. I don't know why they won't put a Brodeur in. Is it because all the other GRAND PRIZE (if you want to call that) have been worn for less than two games? Deep inside, I don't think I would get involved for a Brodeur either. Especially since the one they'll probably do is the "Daneyko" retirement night bench worn. I'm so glad, these guys are pumping money into the grab bags, maybe when something good comes out, I'll have money to burn and they'll still be stuck with their "Marek Malik Set two blue with a light mark on the front hem".

• Like 1

I wouldn't bother either. I don't know why they won't put a Brodeur in. Is it because all the other GRAND PRIZE (if you want to call that) have been worn for less than two games? Deep inside, I don't think I would get involved for a Brodeur either. Especially since the one they'll probably do is the "Daneyko" retirement night bench worn. I'm so glad, these guys are pumping money into the grab bags, maybe when something good comes out, I'll have money to burn and they'll still be stuck with their "Marek Malik Set two blue with a light mark on the front hem".

To follow up:

The Grab bag game is just a fancy way for MeiGray to dump inventory that isn't going to move. Minor wear, no wear, one game wonders, and what have you. You'll never see a collection worthy piece available because of this. Sure, there will be Crosby, Ovechkin, and others, but the wear will never be there. If you are okay with just getting a sweater of a player you want, that isn't going to hold 1/2 of the retail value THEY say it will, and aren't concerned with wear than the grab bag is the way to go. If not, save your money for the real deal.

To follow up:

The Grab bag game is just a fancy way for MeiGray to dump inventory that isn't going to move. Minor wear, no wear, one game wonders, and what have you. You'll never see a collection worthy piece available because of this. Sure, there will be Crosby, Ovechkin, and others, but the wear will never be there. If you are okay with just getting a sweater of a player you want, that isn't going to hold 1/2 of the retail value THEY say it will, and aren't concerned with wear than the grab bag is the way to go. If not, save your money for the real deal.

Exactly. I can't believe people are still falling for this gimmick desgined to move dead inventory. It's like they just don't see through the whole thing for what it is. It also goes to show that since this is the 3rd grab bag that MeiGray must be behind on sales due to the economy and are looking to dump inventory to make $. I refuse to believe in a recession that they are still cranking as business as usual without missing a beat. People buying into the grab bag wouldn't even take a second look at 95% of the jerseys in it. Just goes to show you how little brains and how too much money are rampant among people in this hobby which is half of the problems in it as whole. Looks like P.T. Barnum was right. Credit MeiGray for being smart enough to do this and credit the people buying into it for being fooled without them knowing it.

I think a team geared grab bag would be a good idea. Like if they just had a grab bag for Devils jerseys. This way you are assured and Devils gamer, and chances are you can trade with other people (like ourselves) depending on who we get.

I think a team geared grab bag would be a good idea. Like if they just had a grab bag for Devils jerseys. This way you are assured and Devils gamer, and chances are you can trade with other people (like ourselves) depending on who we get.

I'd be all for that. I'm sure you'd see people buying multiple chances as well, knowing they'll at least get a jersey of a player they're familiar with.

I just noticed all of Bob West's stuff is gone from the MeiGray site...anyone know what happened to it?

His site states he is taking a break from the hobby. I hope he is forced to see all of his remaining inventory for a loss. I'm sure it is tough for him and his family with having his 7th or 8th child and especially since that child was born with down-syndrome. However, exploiting gamers at "HUGE SAVINGS" to help pay for medical bills as he did was wrong. I was shocked that he had the nerve to mark things up from MeiGray, return them to them at that price and then try to move them.

He has one sweater I really REALLY want, but on principle, I don't think I could or will do business with him. I do not think he understands that we (the "Devils collectors") saw how he swallowed up all the Devils products just before the MeiGray sale (True MeiGray DID sell them to him) and then they just sat. Then he sold a good bit back to MeiGray. Interesting that some items were available from him and others were on MeiGray. I wonder why that was.

• Like 1

How about this again:

John Madden Away 2002 -03 $500

Little described in way of wear, Meigray and such:

Madden Gamer

And this is ludicrous:

Jiri Bicek Pre-Season 97 -99???? BIN $495

Meigray and Such

Bicek Gamer

Some people need to survey the market. Not saying that all these jerseys going for cheap is "right" or not. But one has to figure the real price of a "pre-season" jersey on a less-than-marqis player. Really?

Edited by DevilinLA
  • Like 1

If it was still a Bobby Carpenter, i would be interested. However, this hobbyist i wouldn't give a dime to. One of you guys would have to buy it and i'd have to reimburse you.

This guy is a real Mr. Congeniality to say the least.

Mr Al out in Arizona... He is an interesting guy. He tried to sell me a #22 Scott Daniels that was supposedly worn by Patrik Elias. I thought it was the match to my rookie sweater recycled into a Daniels. But for some reason I called MeiGray. Barry, Stu, and I spoke on a conference call and figured out that was it was Zezel that wore the gamer (that did have MeiGray documents). Barry and Stu stated they NEVER EVER told anyone nor did the paperwork state that the Scott Daniels sweater was worn by Elias or Zezel, but by figuring out the time line of when the sweater was worn we all agreed it was not be Elias. Turns out the other #22 ROOKIE Patrik Elias is in another collectors hands.

BE WARNED that this may have NEVER been worn by Bobby Carpenter and it could be made up by AL just to sell thing. I have no idea and without seeing the LOA... Well... I bet it isn't on there either... I would bet money it isn't. FYI!!!!!!

• Like 1

BE WARNED that this may have NEVER been worn by Bobby Carpenter and it could be made up by AL just to sell thing. I have no idea and without seeing the LOA... Well... I bet it isn't on there either... I would bet money it isn't. FYI!!!!!!

This is a Carpenter, so Mr. Al Thoughtful is telling the truth here as much as i would have loved to catch him lying. In the pre-season of 1993, Carpenter wore #49 and a 54 was his size as a Devil in the two jerseys i've seen as his. The jersey on auction is an ultrafil and the proper CCM/NHL shield style of the time he would have worn this. Plus, the sleeves appear shortened, which is a Carpenter trait.

I have pics from that preseason of Carpenter wearing that jersey, but don't see any wear matches.

Edited by SJP20

Mr Al out in Arizona... He is an interesting guy. He tried to sell me a #22 Scott Daniels that was supposedly worn by Patrik Elias. I thought it was the match to my rookie sweater recycled into a Daniels. But for some reason I called MeiGray. Barry, Stu, and I spoke on a conference call and figured out that was it was Zezel that wore the gamer (that did have MeiGray documents). Barry and Stu stated they NEVER EVER told anyone nor did the paperwork state that the Scott Daniels sweater was worn by Elias or Zezel, but by figuring out the time line of when the sweater was worn we all agreed it was not be Elias. Turns out the other #22 ROOKIE Patrik Elias is in another collectors hands.

Funny you should mention that shirt. he's got it on auction now:

Daniels

What's funny is i think he mentions you:

"Being a number 22 I thought it was a re-used ELIAS shirt, but a passionate NJ collector found from Meigray it is a reused peter Zezel shirt from 96/97, heres the info I got:

MeiGray (Barry mostly) informed me that set two (that you are selling) was worn by Peter Zezel. As Elias would have already been dropped down to the minors in early Jan. Zezel came in and picked up #22 as his number and Elias returned for 8 games in the playoffs to a new and current number #26."

Look at it this way. He didn't call you a name that has anything to do with human reproductive parts. Well, could be we're not on the forum where Davy Spivack let's veterans like this clown do and say what they want.

Funny you should mention that shirt. he's got it on auction now:

Daniels

What's funny is i think he mentions you:

"Being a number 22 I thought it was a re-used ELIAS shirt, but a passionate NJ collector found from Meigray it is a reused peter Zezel shirt from 96/97, heres the info I got:

MeiGray (Barry mostly) informed me that set two (that you are selling) was worn by Peter Zezel. As Elias would have already been dropped down to the minors in early Jan. Zezel came in and picked up #22 as his number and Elias returned for 8 games in the playoffs to a new and current number #26."

Look at it this way. He didn't call you a name that has anything to do with human reproductive parts. Well, could be we're not on the forum where Davy Spivack let's veterans like this clown do and say what they want.

Funny, those were my exact words. I agree he could have been a jerk, but when I told him he wouldn't respond to me. I was actually all set to buy it for $400.00 shipped... What is the BIN price? $550.00 WOW... good luck.

• Like 1

Funny, those were my exact words. I agree he could have been a jerk, but when I told him he wouldn't respond to me. I was actually all set to buy it for $400.00 shipped... What is the BIN price? $550.00 WOW... good luck.

Being he didn't respond to you and knowing this assclown and his wordsmithery, when he called you "passionate" in his eBay auction desc., he actually meant "jerkoff". He's just classy in that way.

Edited by SJP20

I just noticed all of Bob West's stuff is gone from the MeiGray site...anyone know what happened to it?

I emailed Bob and he said all of his Devils stuff will be in the upcoming Heritage Auctions listing ( http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimat...ic;f=2;t=008436 ).

This is our shot to get some of his stuff at a reasonable price! With so many Devils jerseys listed, let's hope the prices stay down.

Edited by JWomp

I emailed Bob and he said all of his Devils stuff will be in the upcoming Heritage Auctions listing ( http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimat...ic;f=2;t=008436 ).

This is our shot to get some of his stuff at a reasonable price! With so many Devils jerseys listed, let's hope the prices stay down.

Here's a better question. He put alot of his inventory on eBay over the last little while....Oilers, Kings, Avs, etc.

Soooooo....why not the Devils? What is it with him and the Devils inventory? Why does he treat his Devils inventory like some sort of Top Secret mandate?

I've got a pretty good answer. Me and anyone else who complained regarding the Devils. I believe in my heart, he's doing it on spite over people busting him in public and private regarding the Devils jerseys. Putting them in an auction like Heritage, means hammer fee as well. Douchebag.

I know some of you may want jerseys he has, but patronizing this guy for what he's pulled on all of us regarding the Devils and his MeiGray sale is something i'm not willing to do. The day i put buying a jersey over principle is the day it's over for me.

Edited by SJP20

Here's a better question. He put alot of his inventory on eBay over the last little while....Oilers, Kings, Avs, etc.

Soooooo....why not the Devils? What is it with him and the Devils inventory? Why does he treat his Devils inventory like some sort of Top Secret mandate?

I've got a pretty good answer. Me and anyone else who complained regarding the Devils. I believe in my heart, he's doing it on spite over people busting him in public, private and through Barry about his stunt regarding the Devils jerseys. Putting them in an auction like Heritage, means hammer fee as well. Douchebag.

I know some of you may want jerseys he has, but patronizing this guy for what he's pulled on all of us regarding the Devils and his MeiGray sale is something i'm not willing to do. The day i put buying a jersey over principle is the day it's over for me.

Agreed.

As for the pricing.... Bob West will find a way NOT to lose money. The starting bid might be high, be advised!

The past dictates the futures with him. Don't get your hopes up, but then again don't give up hope either. He might actually "dump" them.

What is it with the name "BOB"... Bob West, Bob Dodge, and Bob Perani... :giggle:

• Like 1

MeiGray has YET to sell out of the Crosby grab bag. Funny, I thought all the Crosby lovers that supposedly exist would have bought several chances. I'm glad to see I wasn't wrong in seeing how fast the Ovechkins' sold as opposed to Crosby. MeiGray stated they EXPECT to sell-out by the weekend.

I haven't seen much out there for sale that I'm interested other than that Brylin (JWomp's) and a Langenbrunner stick that came my way. I've been trying to match or at least reference a picture of the sticks/gloves I have. I've made many references to gloves I've seen, but I seem to swing and miss on getting any kind of match on even the brand/model of stick I own.

I'd really like to start a web page, but I can't seem to find a reasonible site or the know-how to do it. Any thoughts, ideas, or such?

• Like 1

I haven't seen much out there for sale that I'm interested other than that Brylin (JWomp's) and a Langenbrunner stick that came my way. I've been trying to match or at least reference a picture of the sticks/gloves I have. I've made many references to gloves I've seen, but I seem to swing and miss on getting any kind of match on even the brand/model of stick I own.

Well let me know if you would want to add it to your collection! ;)

What brand Langenbrunner stick are you talking about? I can help in the photo hunt if you'd like.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.