2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

2 years in a row for the first time sin 01/02!

I'll be at the game next week for my birthday..

I'm still not convinced how far this team can go in the playoffs, especially when we put up points, get a rare int pick6, and then let them back in the game by a stupid drop by smith on the stupid 4down punt fake.. Our pass rush sucks dick.

You can put Revis on Bowe and he'll lock him down all game.

Yeah unless he tweaks another hammy. He hasn't been on the #1 receiver the last couple weeks (again) since his supposedly 'minor' hammy injury. They haven't been able to use him the same way for most of this year which is the main reason why they've given up 24 TD's passing as opposed to just 8 last year.

The Chiefs are the best possible matchup for the Jets...doesn't mean it's going to be easy.

..no, it won't be. But that's the team imo, that's overdue for a stinker.

Cassel's thrown only 2 picks, since Week 4. :noclue: I see them playing very tight & nervous in the postseason, which is completely opposite in how fast & loose they've been playing.

And for all the haters that want to cry; "Oh, besides the Patriots & Steelers.. who have the Jets beaten?" ..who the fvck has KC beaten?! :mellow:

Edited by Beezer34

The blowhard has spoken.

Yeah, that's true. Nothing to be proud of.. :rolleyes:

.....the Jets are going to the playoffs for the 2nd straight season, but nothing to be proud of.

You were very lucky to get there last year, as the Colts decided to pull Manning and their starters with your team trailing in Week 16...you also got a lot of breaks and outside help. I'll give you credit for getting to the AFC Finals though once you backed in though. As for this season, you were thinking about the #1 seed not too long ago...yeah, you're in, but making it as a #6 seed is nothing to beat your chest over, considering where you were a month ago, and your vaunted defense isn't looking nearly as impressive as it did last season.

.....only 3 teams in the Conference have more wins than the Jets, but nothing to be proud of.

From 9-2 to 10-5...is 10 wins (likely 11) now that big a deal? And it's not like you had a tough schedule.

.....3 consecutive seasons finishing the year with a winning record, but nothing to be proud of.

9-7 with a big collapse in '08, 9-7 in '09, 10-6 or 11-5 this season. Get to the AFC Finals again this season and you can beat your chest some, but making a big deal out of back-to-back 9-7 seasons shows how low your standards are.

.....the Jets already have more wins this season than they did last season, but nothing to be proud of.

Whoop-de-damn-doo...do you think anyone's going to care about this if your team doesn't win at least one playoff game?

.....Sanchez has improved in every category in his 2nd season as a starting QB, but nothing to be proud of.

One TD pass and 5 INTs in his last 4 GP, and a 75.3 QB rating on the season. This is the stuff of legends.

.....Rex has over 20 wins (including a winning record in the playoffs) since becoming head coach, but nothing to be proud of.

He's off to a pretty good start, and last season's playoff run was very impressive. I can't make a big deal about his winning record in the playoffs based on one postseason, and I want to see what his team does this playoff season.

You know what.. you're right! :w00t:

Clearly there's been some bright spots of late in Jetland, especially last season's playoff run, but I'd settle down a bit with all of this "we have so much to be proud of" nonsense. It's great that the Pats have the #1 seed and another AFC East title, but if they don't at least get to a Super Bowl I'm not going to start crowing about how much I have to be proud of.

The blowhard has spoken.

Clearly there's been some bright spots of late in Jetland, especially last season's playoff run, but I'd settle down a bit with all of this "we have so much to be proud of" nonsense. It's great that the Pats have the #1 seed and another AFC East title, but if they don't at least get to a Super Bowl I'm not going to start crowing about how much I have to be proud of.

I think the point was that someone said we have nothing to be proud of of which to be proud.(pardon my grammar)

Edited by Devils Dose

I'm not saying Beezer isn't Chico Resch at times with the homerism but you have to understand we've had opposition fans like ThreeCups flaming our thread all year, so yeah we're gonna get a little defensive when someone comes into a Jets thread and says something bad about the team. In the NFL thread it's fair game but you have to expect Jet fans in this thread to defend their team when people try to pi** on our season the way they have the whole year.

Besides with what's going on in Devil-land this year it's a little harder to poo-poo playoff appearances right now, especially considering it's much harder to make it in the NFL - unless you play in the NFC West :giggle:

I think the point was that someone said we have nothing to be proud of of which to be proud.(pardon my grammar)

That's fair...there are definitely some positives re: the Jets the past two seasons. Beezer just went way overboard with his "proud of this proud of that" chatter...clearly this postseason is going to go a long way toward defining Rex's early legacy...this team that started 9-2 and was talking Super Bowl has already disappointed a bit by finishing as a #6...if they go out in the WC round I don't see how any Jet fan could spin that as a positive.

I think the point was that someone said we have nothing to be proud of of which to be proud. (pardon my grammar)

I had to log-out to actually see the post.. as I placed CR on ignore a little over a year ago.

..the saddest thing regarding his rant (other than it making little to no sense) was I never said half the things he quoted me in saying. I pointed out Sanchez's improvement from this season to the last, in which he responded with a statistical analysis of his last 5 games. :noclue: What does that have anything to do with the fact that he improved in every statistical category, and refrained from having a "sophomore jinx"? I never posted anything regarding Sanchez's "last 5 games" -nor- did I ever say; "we have so much to be proud of". I simply pointed out the positive indicators, to disprove what an unintelligent comment like; "nothing to be proud of" truly is.

No one ever disputes the asthenic history of the Jets.. hence; Why I posted the statistic(s) in the first place. But I gotta tell ya.. him being a Mets fan.. there's irony in his duncish post regarding "low standards".

I had to log-out to actually see the post.. as I placed CR on ignore a little over a year ago.

..the saddest thing regarding his rant (other than it making little to no sense) was I never said half the things he quoted me in saying. I pointed out Sanchez's improvement from this season to the last, in which he responded with a statistical analysis of his last 5 games. :noclue: What does that have anything to do with the fact that he improved in every statistical category, and refrained from having a "sophomore jinx"? I never posted anything regarding Sanchez's "last 5 games" -nor- did I ever say; "we have so much to be proud of". I simply pointed out the positive indicators, to disprove what an unintelligent comment like; "nothing to be proud of" truly is.

No one ever disputes the asthenic history of the Jets.. hence; Why I posted the statistic(s) in the first place. But I gotta tell ya.. him being a Mets fan.. there's irony in his duncish post regarding "low standards".

Guess you'll have to log out to read this as well...

What I wrote was hardly a rant (and everyone except you seemed to understand it perfectly Mr. Italics). Yes, Sanchez has improved from last season to this statistically, but unlike you, I pointed out that his play AS OF LATE has not been good, which for me would put a damper on the whole "statistically better than last season" observation you made, Mr. Black-and-White-I-can't-see-shades-of-gray. Most of what's made this Sanchez season better than last was accomplished early on.

I'll make it easy for you:

First 5 games: 8 TDs, 0 INT

Next 5 games: 7 TDs, 7 INT

Next 5 games: 2 TDs, 6 INT

And did you really think Sanchez wasn't going to improve on last season's 12 TDs, 20 INT, 2444 yrds and 63.0 rating?

You made a list of things that dispute the "nothing to be proud of" stance...all I did was point out that some of the things you seem to want to make sound good aren't quite as good as you're making them out to be. I get it, you're a homer and a blowhard, you always have been. NJDevs4978 and Devils Dose made more sense in their responses to me than you did...no surprise there.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

joey c called out and no where 2 b found

I'm sorry. I spent the day sledding with my kids, and then went out to dinner to have a quiet meal with my wife. I'll try to prioritize my retorts in a more appropriate fashion in the future. B )

Guess you'll have to log out to read this as well...

What I wrote was hardly a rant (and everyone except you seemed to understand it perfectly Mr. Italics). Yes, Sanchez has improved from last season to this statistically, but unlike you, I pointed out that his play AS OF LATE has not been good, which for me would put a damper on the whole "statistically better than last season" observation you made, Mr. Black-and-White-I-can't-see-shades-of-gray. Most of what's made this Sanchez season better than last was accomplished early on.

I'll make it easy for you:

First 5 games: 8 TDs, 0 INT

Next 5 games: 7 TDs, 7 INT

Next 5 games: 2 TDs, 6 INT

And did you really think Sanchez wasn't going to improve on last season's 12 TDs, 20 INT, 2444 yrds and 63.0 rating?

You made a list of things that dispute the "nothing to be proud of" stance...all I did was point out that some of the things you seem to want to make sound good aren't quite as good as you're making them out to be. I get it, you're a homer and a blowhard, you always have been. NJDevs4978 and Devils Dose made more sense in their responses to me than you did...no surprise there.

"..a 'last word whore' is a person that responds to someone on impulse, without the benefit of logic. Their replies typically provide nothing other than reiteration, and immaturity. -Example: I know you are, but what am I." -Jon Stewart.

...The last time I tried to get into a meaningful conversation with you, it turned into this..

*Beezer - Out.

*CR76 - Also Out.

...In a little over a year, has anything really changed? Let's see..

In your 1st post you stated your opinion regarding: *how you'd feel if your team did just enough to get into the playoffs, after starting the season so strongly.. You reiterated the same point, in your 2nd post. You commented that my "points of pride" weren't "quite as good" as I was making them out to be in your 1st post.. and essentially said the same thing in your 2nd post. In your 1st post, you responded with "the last 5 games" schtick for Mark Sanchez regarding his season.. and then further broke it down some more in your 2nd post.

I was called a blowhard in your 1st post... I was called a blowhard in your 2nd post.. etc. --You beginning to get the picture here? :mellow:

..so let me ask you, what exactly was the point in posting your 2nd response? :noclue: What was it you were trying to prove?

You laid it all out quite clearly the 1st go around, and I responded. I brought up why I was pointing out the positive's of the Jets season.. commented on the Sanchez last 5 games routine.. and I even sprinkled in some reasoning as to the "low standards" crack.

So please, tell me.. what on earth did the 2nd post provide? :huh:

Now hold on. I'm sure your answer is going to be; "because you didn't understand me the first time" ..but here's the thing.. I DID! I got it.. loud & clear. There's nothing that you said, that I didn't either already know, or couldn't look up on ESPN. My post was me explaining my point of view, and you interjected.. explaining yourself like a semi retard by saying; "well, Beezer just went way overboard.. and I had to step in." --who the fvck are you?! What are you, the judicioual police.. patrolling njdevs for what you feel are homer\objective posts?! I'm supposed to take you seriously or something? You have; enjoys-hating-the-Jets, in your profile.. and your unbiased opinion is supposed to mean a damn, to the people in this thread? :rofl: You should've simply opened your drivel with; "My opinion is better than yours, and here's why." That at least would've been honest.

The REAL answer to the question of "what did the 2nd post provide" is.. nothing!

..the 2nd post provided nothing. Nothing more than recycled bullsh!t, in a feeble attempt to try and get the parting shot. I'm sure you must've taken great pride in writing your post, ---which you then went on to edit 3x, over the course of what was a half hour later, most likely rereading it over and over again.. adding empty statistics no one other than yourself could give a sh!t about. But here's a tip going forward.. THINK! Like the old adage goes; "look before you leap". I know the knee jerk reaction for people like you is; `QUICK, RESPOND! I MUST HAVE THE LAST WORD! -But stop and think a little. `What exactly is it that I'm writing?? Is it something worthy of posting.. or is it just rewording of what I said prior? If it's the latter.. what's the point? :noclue:

You're allegedly 40 years old, and this is the 2nd time you have attempted to get into a tit-for-tat game with me. (God only knows who else on this board) And make no mistake about it.. your 2nd post is the definition of tit-for-tat. Beyond the garnishes of; *Mr. Black-and-White.. *Mr. Italics.. and finally, *Mr. I-can't-see-shades-of-gray.. what was the true difference between your 1st & 2nd post, Mr. Reiterate? Was is something(s) of prominence and knowledge.. or just more emphasis on everything you said in the first post?

Furthermore.. my post of: things to be proud of, was retaliatory. I was defending my team with multiple points of facts. I didn't just say; "Hey everybody.. look how great the Jets are!!" It was a post in DEFENSE.. something both NJDevs4978 & Devils Dose (2 people you sited as agreeing with you when they never did) in fact pointed out to YOU!

If you took any litigation courses in college, you'd know.. the proceedings are equal. Ergo; the defense rests! Yet, that doesn't apply to you here on njdevs does it? Your train of thought seems to be bully mentality. ie: *You started it, I finish it* -or- *I started it.. I still finish it*

So please, say whatever it is you have to say, because I know you won't be able to leave it as is.. despite the fact that YOU attacked me... and then go away! I swear I won't respond again.. just go away. You can go on continuing to "enjoy hating the Yankees & Jets" ..and we'll all go on ignoring your posts, right here in this thread. Is that a deal?

..now be a good trained seal, and prove me right. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I'm still not convinced how far this team can go in the playoffs, especially when we put up points, get a rare int pick6, and then let them back in the game by a stupid drop by smith on the stupid 4down punt fake.. Our pass rush sucks dick.

Yeah, that play was a disaster in the making. Completely killed any momentum the Jets were trying to maintain at that point in the game.

..the thing is though, if Brad Smith catches that ball.. Rex looks like a genius. :P

I didn't just say; "Hey everybody.. look how great the Jets are!!" It was a post in DEFENSE.. something both NJDevs4978 & Devils Dose (2 people you sited as agreeing with you when they never did) in fact pointed out to YOU!

NJDevs4978 and Devils Dose made more sense in their responses to me than you did...no surprise there.

As you can see, I never sited that NJDevs4978 & Devils Dose "agreed" with me...I simply stated that their posts made more sense than yours.

You are correct in that not much has changed in a year...you're still not capable of a real debate or discussion without misinterpreting what people say, or trying to twist their words around into something they didn't really say to fit the interpretation YOU want to go off on, to try to make yourself appear smarter than you really are. Funny how out of all the posters I've had debates/discussions with on this board, YOU are the only one I have this problem with.

I may indeed be a Jet-hater, but that doesn't make me a troll...I can still respect them as a ligit division rival, and I've given them kudos when they've earned them in Jet threads in the past...like I said, they did a terrific job last postseason, making the most of their opportunity, and even though they've faltered a bit down the stretch this season, I still consider them a dangerous team. I think that they can lose to anyone, but I also think they can beat anyone...a true "wild-card" team in every sense. If they make it to Foxborough, I'll be plenty scared/nervous watching that game. Even though that defense has been giving up some points (just 9 less than the Pats on the season), I still respect that unit, and think they can pull it together any given game and give that day's opponent a tough time.

As you can see, I never sited that NJDevs4978 & Devils Dose "agreed" with me...I simply stated that their posts made more sense than yours.

You are correct in that not much has changed in a year...you're still not capable of a real debate or discussion without misinterpreting what people say, or trying to twist their words around into something they didn't really say to fit the interpretation YOU want to go off on, to try to make yourself appear smarter than you really are. Funny how out of all the posters I've had debates/discussions with on this board, YOU are the only one I have this problem with.

I may indeed be a Jet-hater, but that doesn't make me a troll...I can still respect them as a ligit division rival, and I've given them kudos when they've earned them in Jet threads in the past...like I said, they did a terrific job last postseason, making the most of their opportunity, and even though they've faltered a bit down the stretch this season, I still consider them a dangerous team. I think that they can lose to anyone, but I also think they can beat anyone...a true "wild-card" team in every sense. If they make it to Foxborough, I'll be plenty scared/nervous watching that game. Even though that defense has been giving up some points (just 9 less than the Pats on the season), I still respect that unit, and think they can pull it together any given game and give that day's opponent a tough time.

You didn't know if you don't praise the Jets/spin negatives into positives like Beezer34 that you are a troll?!? :D

..do you still wanna take anyone up in this thread on that "sig-bet" of yours? Just askin. :whistling:

So brave of you to try to take it now....funny how you had your track shoes on when it was first proposed and were SPRINTING as far and fast away from it as you could.....congratulations, the Jets got some help from the Skins...if the G-Men take care of business next week and get the help they need, I will gladly take the bet against you or anyone else on this board....

I wouldn't take it, even WHEN it becomes official that the Giants are out of it.. because it's nonsense talk. It has nothing to do with who's better, and everything to do with match-up's.. especially when you're talking about; who make's it in the NFC.

@ 6-9, Seattle still can make the postseason. If the Giants end up playing them sometime in the playoffs.. who in their right mind would take you up on that bet?! :giggle:

Edited by Beezer34

I don't know if it's possible for the Giants, even if they make the 6, to go any higher. The WC going to St Louis/Seattle will either go to 11-5 Falcons or 12-4/11-5 Saints, since the best Wild Card plays the worst Divisional Champion. The winner of the Packers/Giants/Bucs wildcard chase is headed to either Chicago or Philly. So for the Giants and Seahawks to meet, both would be in the Conference Championships, which is pretty freaking unlikely.

Speaking of crazy playoff scenarios...

The Jets will have pretty much no clue who they're playing between all the stupid tiebreakers per NFL.com

A Jets win + Ravens Win + Steelers Loss nets the Jets a #5 seed.

Anything less means #6.

But also to consider: a KC loss + Colts win puts the Colts as the #3 and the Chiefs as the #4. A Colts loss + Jags win puts the Jags at #4 and the Chiefs at #3.

So it is possible, albeit unlikely, that the Jets could be going to any of KC, Indy, or Jacksonville for round 1 of the playoffs. And while the Jets have been decent against the pass, they'd most likely much rather match up against a Jacksonville team missing its best weapon or a KC team that pretty much runs it down your throat to set up the offense. Another trip to Indy might not bode well for the Jets.

The Jets will have pretty much no clue who they're playing between all the stupid tiebreakers per NFL.com

Anything less means #6.

But also to consider: a KC loss + Colts win puts the Colts as the #3 and the Chiefs as the #4. A Colts loss + Jags win puts the Jags at #4 and the Chiefs at #3.

So it is possible, albeit unlikely, that the Jets could be going to any of KC, Indy, or Jacksonville for round 1 of the playoffs. And while the Jets have been decent against the pass, they'd most likely much rather match up against a Jacksonville team missing its best weapon or a KC team that pretty much runs it down your throat to set up the offense. Another trip to Indy might not bode well for the Jets.

the jags are the team im pulling for the rest of the way 2 win it all. ive alwaysrespected jack del rio as a hc

Anything less means #6.

In bold: they have to break ties somehow...sifting through all of the different scenarios can be dizzying sometimes, no question.

Can't see Jacksonville getting in, mostly because I can't see Indy losing to Tennessee at home...the Titans have won just once in their last eight. Can't say I haven't seen stranger things in the NFL though.

Arrowhead's not an easy place to play in, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Jets pulled one out there. I'd give them a slight chance to beat the Colts.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976